1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Achilles injury recovery in the NBA

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by topfive, Dec 3, 2020.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I'm saying that defenders would stay glued to Harden no matter where he was on the court because Westbrook is a joke.

2. dmoneybangbang

No Ty Lawson sucked. WB had a down year adjusting to a new team coupled with a soft tissue injury. I'm not going to get all butt hurt and disregard WB's career just because of a rivalry.

clos4life likes this.
  3. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I agree with this. I understand that it isn't an unprotected pick, but Russ does not warrant an unprotected pick. I think the pick, similar to the Detroit pick, has a ton of value even with the protections it has. It is very likely that the Rockets will likely see an FRP based on the protections. I think it's a great asset, and we've seen anything these past few years is that an FRP with that sort of probability to be 10-15 at some point does have a ton of value. Hell, isn't that how we got Harden when we traded Lowry and received the protected FRP that turned out to be Steven Adams (12th pick or something like that)?

EDIT: Went back and looked at that Lowry pick protection, and wow, Morey structured that one beautifully. Obviously, Rockets acquired picks aren't as great of an asset as that Lowry pick was, I still think the point stands though.

#83 ElPigto, Dec 3, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2020
  4. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

Actually no. I went to NBA reddit and found that Davis and LeBron signed their contract extensions which comes to a surprised to probably nobody. What else happened that is different from yesterday?

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

No, he'd just need about 4 more seasons to be number one in minutes played.

Os Trigonum likes this.
  6. dmoneybangbang

How are you not understanding this isn't "zero risk". For whatever reason you assume this is the best we could have done.

Nope.... things could actually get worse. For whatever reason you are discounting that. I have no illusions of the Rockets winning a championship this year, WB or Wall.

7. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

8. dmoneybangbang

You are too emotional to discuss this. Just like you weren't able to say anything positive about Terrence Jones.

I don't believe that you are completely ignorant that defenses pack the paint to deal with WB.... just too emotional to admit it.

9. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

jiggyfly likes this.
  10. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

Considering that Nipsey Hussle was killed in a drive by I would say there is a significant risk to be in the company of such individuals.

Are you implying that it is good to be affiliated with the Bloods and other violent street gangs? Because its pretty clear from my post, that the only thing I'm asserting is.

There is a major risk to any company/organization for its employees to be publicly associating and representing criminal organization. Perhaps you disagree and think that's perfectly normal.

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

LOL, there's no emotion involved, Westbrook is a garbage player just like Jones was.

I'm not a fan of terrible players.

When a terrible player like Westbrook has the ball, you sag WAY off him to dare him to shoot, that clutters up the paint and everyone else sticks to their man leading to no open shooters.

The result is either Westbrook shoots and the defense laughs at him for it, or he tries to force some low percentage BS inside in traffic. Neither is what you want when you have literally the best ball handler in the NBA on your team.

12. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

Yeah but as I said something like that was to be expected. I am sure most people here felt that the Lebron Davis combo would be around for at least another 2 years minimum.

One thing to note that is just like a lot of our rockets players, AD has an injury prone career and LeBron isn't getting any younger. But yes, Lakers are obviously the clear favorites for a repeat, which is the same way i felt yesterday or before the Wall trade.

13. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

that's fine, and I agree--my original point was simply to poke fun at the idea of "winning a championship" anytime soon

14. dmoneybangbang

You think WB was worse for the Rockets than Ty Lawson so that says a lot about your knowledge.

WB is a terrible shooter and an elite transition player who is always near the top in FTA. The reason why WB's offensive career is slightly more efficient than Wall's is because of his bending of the defense in transition and getting to the line.

The Rockets knew that and still played ISOball.....and Harden still didn't help out.

15. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

I think we have a lot better odds than most media people give the Rockets credit for but definitely wouldn't put any money on them winning. I think we have a better chance this year than we did last year to be honest.

jiggyfly likes this.
  16. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Wall has been on the all defensive team and he is a better playmaker than WB and will not shoot as much.

Wall is not a poor defender.

Wall has an almost 3 to 1 TOA while Westbrook is less than 2 to 1 with less assist per game.

topfive likes this.
  17. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Westbrook doesn't suck he just doesn't fit in Harden's basketball world anymore. I have friends that I love in my industry. They are great chefs but I know I would never collaborate with them again because our egos will get in the way. Same situation.

jiggyfly likes this.
  18. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Or Harden told them since he has been playing with him over the last month in Miami.:D

There is also video.

Madmanmetz likes this.
  19. dmoneybangbang

This.... I was optimistic because I thought Harden and WB could collaborate where CP3 couldn't. I was wrong, but WB doesn't suck.

20. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

Yeah but I think i would put most of that blame on Dantoni. Westbrook did have 2 months where he carried the team though. We gain some stuff with Wall trade and we lose some stuff. The most important thing to note is Cp3 would have fit better than either, but even he is a risk being as old as he is. I don't think the trade was bad or good. I do however think that both teams thought it was necessary due to the surrounding drama on both ends.