1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Achilles injury recovery in the NBA

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by topfive, Dec 3, 2020.

1. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

It really is weird how Westbrook roped so many in over such a short period.

YOLO and HP3 like this.
  2. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Everyone keeps putting on harden lol. That’s how the Rockets played. That was the Rockets system. Zero off ball screens and movement. 5 out motion or iso ball. Of course you wouldn’t see Harden coming off screens to shoot.

3. dmoneybangbang

Yep, which is why the WB experiment was doomed from the start. Why would you continue to play mostly stationary with such a handicapped player like WB?

4. dmoneybangbang

It would be weird if that were true. Us Rockets fans just wanted to maximize the team, and there are very few avenues to do so with limited cap space and another ball dominant guard.

5. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

I stated here on this site before that it’s a mixture of both the media fueling the flames and Harden’s own feelings. Harden may have leaked info to associates about his desires to possibly go elsewhere but not necessarily leave or demand a trade. But the media took it and ran with it. Mind you there was no concrete story only “sources” with bleak and murky reporting such as “I am hearing” or “Sources close to Harden”. It’s a bit of word manipulation. As you recall it was first reported as Harden’s “preferred destinations” if not the Rockets are... Then it quickly turned into Harden wants out and then demands a trade. As I mentioned before a lot of the stories about players demanding a trade are usually confirmed by the either the players themselves or management via an official team statement. AD, Jimmy Butler, Kobe all has specific stories with time and location of their meetings with management and their falling out etc and a statement of acknowledgment of a trade request. I have no doubt Harden has had thoughts and talks with people including KD but I don’t think it’s any more than that for now. It all depends on this season I think.

Verbal Christ likes this.
  6. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Stupid Morey. Stupid MDA.

7. dmoneybangbang

Based on the reporting they were against the trade. I would say stupid MDA in hindsight. Not sure how I feel about Morey at this point.

Feels like we play more the way Harden wants to play than the coach but I could be wrong.

8. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

No that’s how MDA always played. That’s why Kobe hated playing for him.

9. dmoneybangbang

No....... He was much different in PHX and Knicks.... 7 seconds or less doesn't fit well with Kobe and Harden's slower pace. Not to mention MDA is the person who believes "the ball is energy".

MDA was his classic self the first season when Harden averaged 29 pts and 11 assists PNRing the league to the death with a quicker pace. Quite a departure from the slower, ISO heavy play of the subsequent seasons.

10. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

well teams were figuring out the Capela Harden P&R. But it has always been the MDA offense with little to no off ball movement and screens with high pick and roll action and corner threes (Shawn Marion). Only reason they iso more is because of Harden and our personnel thru the years.

11. YaoMingsSoulja

yea anyone whos watched bball for a while now knows this. That's why you shouldn't be too excited about this season. In fact, come into the season with very very low expectations of these two. If anything, be prepared for them to be injured again. I'm not being pessimistic, it's just the truth.