1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

AC/DC Complete Collection 290 songs for $6.99

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Faos, Oct 31, 2014.

Tags:
  1. roxxfan

roxxfan Contributing Member

Pretty much.

2. body slam

body slam Member

with the new album Rock or Bust coming out I'm curious if a tour is in the works as well?

3. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

I believe so but it will not include Malcolm Young, who is not doing too well health-wise (dementia I believe).

4. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

smh...really...I guess that might slow down the tour of circuit of the new album (why are they still calling these albums?)

http://www.cnn.com/2014/11/05/world/asia/acdc-phil-rudd-hitman-charge/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

AC/DC drummer Phil Rudd charged with attempting to have two men killed
    Phil Rudd, the drummer for legendary hard rock band AC/DC, has been charged with attempting to have two men killed.

The 60-year-old appeared in a New Zealand court Thursday afternoon facing a count of attempting to procure the murder of two men, said Bay of Plenty district's police spokesperson, Kim Perks.

He was also charged with threatening to kill, possession of methamphetamine and possession of cannabis, Perks said.

The names of the men he allegedly wanted killed and the name of the alleged potential hitman are suppressed, CNN affiliate TVNZ reported.

Rudd entered no plea to the charges at the Tauranga District Court, and was bailed until November 27, local media reported.

Police searched Rudd's waterfront home in Tauranga on Thursday morning, TVNZ reported.

The Australian-born drummer moved to New Zealand in 1983, after being sacked by the group. He rejoined the group years later.

AC/DC are one of the world's biggest-selling musical acts, and in 2003 were inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

Their latest album, Rock or Bust, is scheduled for release later this month.

5. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Hear about this on the radio this morning. They were playing Highway to Hell in the background.

My question is, why wouldn't they play Dirty Deeds? :confused:

1 person likes this.
  6. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Looks like AC/DC has a decision to make there...either tour without their original drummer (who left the band once and came back) or cancel the tour. Maybe the drummer has a cousin who could fill in?

I doubt anyone much cares who is playing drums for AC/DC except maybe the band mates. I'd notice Malcom missing before I noticed a new drummer. I couldn't even tell you what he looks like. Is it a bald guy?

I think the band could survive if Angus were the only original member left. It doesn't work without Angus.

7. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

Nope. As a drummer you MUST know who the F Phil Rudd is!! He's a legend! Bald dude was his replacement.

8. ima_drummer2k

He always has a cig hanging out while playing and never plays fills.

I LOVES me some Phil Rudd.

9. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

I found the same deal for free online. I think the website was called... the pirate bay or something.

10. Surfguy

I'm not a drummer...I'm a guitarist. lol

Those are serious charges. He done gone and f-ed up his life. I guess he could be innocent but it's pretty specific what he was accused of. It's hard to make something like that up and stick it on a person.

If the drummer is that big of a deal to the band, then maybe they should call it a day? Or, all drummers don't attend the concerts because you'll will be complaining the whole time. lol

11. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

Ok, Ima let it slide this one time! :grin: Yeah, he's *ucked. But it's ACDC so it's not like the drumming is that difficult..

12. Surfguy

In other words, it's not like replacing the drummer of Rush...which would be a bit harder to do (lyric writing not included). Am I right? ;)

13. Surfguy

It looks like the charge for "attempting to procure murder" has been dropped. The only charges that remain are for "threatening to kill", of which it appears he will fight, and minor possession of drug charges.

Looks like they may not need a replacement drummer after all.

14. ima_drummer2k

Looks like he won't have to make a....

JAAAAAAAAAILLLLL - BREAK!

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/S5xnc1p7BMk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1 person likes this.
  15. htwnbandit

htwnbandit Member

This thread is for those that actually have a taste in music. Go back to listening to Drake or whatever garbage that's popular.