1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Abu Ghuraib prison break.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by OldfanofTmac, Jul 21, 2013.

1. treeman

treeman Member

"now going to be funding". Damned fingers.

2. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

You got to give it to the wealthy on the right (and some on the alleged "left"), they actually have people who want good SS believing that it should be torn down, and without those people realizing it's for the purposes of the fat cats to exploit of course.

3. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Abu Ghraib: Transgressions of some individuals.
    UAE: F***ed up legal system and values.

4. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

[​IMG]

saw this on the internets today, but everyone knows that the internets are just a bunch of leftists so this probably did not actually happen.

5. jo mama

they were doing alot more than just humiliating them.

yes, and he did alot of that with the support of the reagan administration.

[​IMG]

actually, it was reagan/bush in the 80's who not only gave him a pass, but actively supported him.

6. jo mama

what exactly makes you more qualified than lindsey graham when it comes to senate testimony which included the very pics that he was speaking of? did you see the pictures? were you at that hearing? did you participate in it? if the answer is "no" than you have no credibility when discussing this issue.

nope.

the bush administration changed the definition of torture. they are war criminals, but you just want to hold a bunch of untrained, low-level personnel responsible for what happened while defending the higher ups. why do you hate the military?:(

nope. most every expert in the field of interrogation has stated that torture is not an effective means to gather intel.

and nobody was ever held responsible except a bunch of stupid privates like lindsey england. and on that note, you bush supporters should be thanking obama for his call to "look forward, not backward" wrt bush administration torture policies.

troll huh...i was thinking the same about you. your "debate" style is nothing more than dismissing and ignoring evidence put before, calling people names and saying they are not qualified to discuss this topic.

you seem incredibly irrational, angry and ignorant to basic facts regarding the history of abu ghuraib. i think you need to do some research and try to calm down a little before posting again.

7. treeman

treeman Member

LOL @ jo mama still trying to troll the thread. The pic of Rummy and Saddam shaking hands surely proved we were buddies with him, right? Shall I post a pic of Kerry shaking hands with Assad? Or perhaps one of Obama shaking hands with Chavez? :rolleyes:

You show up with a Lindsey Graham quote alleging murder and rape, with no evidence, no prosecutions for such, nothing. But, dammit, you know it happened.

You can wish upon a star all you want for a big war crimes trial with Bush, Rummy, Condoleeza, and all the other boogeymen who gave you fits for the past decade, but it isn't going to happen. And you dredging up decade-old discredited Leftist talking points isn't getting you any points here, either.

LOL, I think the Russians and Chinese would heartily disagree with them on that score. But if you're talking about waterboarding (which isn't torture), I think that some rather important people would heartily disagree with you on that, too.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2272860/Defense-Secretary-Panetta-admits-CIA-used-information-waterboarding-capture-Osama-Bin-Laden.html

The only thing that I thank Obama for is continuing and expanding the drone strike program. Which begs a question.

Why is it totally kosher to kill a suspected terrorist with no due process from 10,000 feet with a missile from a drone, but it's not OK to waterboard him and get information that might save future lives? A Hellfire missile kills you. Waterboarding merely scares you into thinking you are going to die, but does no actual physical harm when done correctly.

Why no tears from you Lefties about the drone program, but a decade's worth of ire over the "torture" that putting women's panties on someone's head? I know why, of course - it was never about the "torture", it was always about trying to make us lose the war and trying to take down the POTUS at the time.

Your fake tears over "torture" don't faze me. You ARE a liar. And a troll.

8. jo mama

perhaps you are the troll???

the reagan administration was "buddies" with him, yes. we provided saddam with weapons, financing and intel during the iran-iraq war. reagan also illegally provided arms to iran in the same conflict and used the profits from said sale to fund terrorism in latin america.

sure, if you want to post those pics go right ahead.

all i am doing is reading what people who know more than you or i have stated wrt such matters. again, were you at the senate hearing that senator lindsey graham was? did you see the pics? by your own standards you are not qualified to discuss the matter b/c you were not there.

i already said it wasnt going to happen and that bush supporters should be grateful to obama for sweeping their crimes under the rug.

republican senator lindsey graham = "leftist"?

LOL yourself. you claim to have worked in detention, but you actually think torture is an effective means of gathering intel. again, i suggest you do some research on the subject before commenting any further. and waterboarding was always considered torture until the bush administration changed the definition of torture.

neither is ok. i am staunchly opposed to obama's drone strike program and most of his other policies as well. i never voted for obama nor do i support him.

i have spoken out at length about my opposition to obama's drone program. and again, you are willfully ignorant/ignoring the fact that there was alot more than "putting women's panties on someone's head". you are being incredibly dishonest here.

perhaps you are liar and the troll???

9. treeman

treeman Member

Eh, what more is there to say to jo mama? We can go back and forth all day and nothing will change. He is convinced that US military are a bunch of evil torturers, I know that they are not. I have been there done that, he has not. He presents as his evidence a picture from the 1980s of Rumsfeld shaking hands with Saddam to prove that we are evil and actually love torture and dictators. His evidence that we are murderers and rapists is Lindsey Graham irresponsibly shooting his mouth off (something he does quite often, I might add), although no prosecutions for such crimes were to be found.

My evidence is my actual experience doing detainee ops in Iraq. While I did not work at Abu Ghraib, I DID work the same job at another location and I AM familiar with the SOP, the procedures, the environment, the detainees themselves, and everything else that goes with the job. I explained my experience, and how it differs from the perceptions of those who weren't there.

You guys can believe who you want to believe. I don't think anybody's mind is getting changed either way. If you are prone to thinking the worst about America then you will continue to agree with jo mama, if not you will listen to me.

This thread should be about the prison break, which would have been an interesting subject. But it rapidly became a slander against the entire US military, thanks to the OP's dishonest and slanderous accusations in the OP. I find that offensive and have made my points. But nothing productive will come out of continued discussion with trolls. If anyone has any actual questions about this subject then I will answer them, but I don't have time to get into a childish shouting match about things that happened a decade ago with libs.

10. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

11. treeman

treeman Member

No, it's confirmed that it occurred. 500 to 600 detainees out, many of them death row type AQI.

This is a terrible development for both Iraq and Syria.

12. jo mama

do you have a link from me saying this? if not then by your own standards you are a liar and a troll.

and wrt sentate testimony on the issue of torture lindsey graham was there and you were not. by your own standards you are not allowed to comment on his statements.

do you have a link from me making this claim? if not then you are a liar and a troll.

again, were you at the senate hearing that senator lindsey graham was at? did you see the photos he was referring to? if the answer is no, then by your own standards you are now allowed to comment on them.

then by your own standards, since you were not there, you are not allowed to comment on the issue.

thats all fine and good, but none of it changes the facts of what was going on there and how high up the chain of command this whole torture scandal actually went.

imo, it is you who thinks the worst about america. you want to hold us to the same low standards that 3rd world dictators are held to by trying to justify acts of torture. you place sole blame for all the torture that went on with a bunch of untrained privates while giving a pass to the civilian leadership who authorized torture. again, why do you hate the military so much?