1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Abu Ghuraib prison break.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by OldfanofTmac, Jul 21, 2013.

1. Northside Storm

Northside Storm Contributing Member

I'm pining for America to return to the same standards that had made her great and would have kept her great.

Condoning and creating systems of torture, and de facto denying haebas corpus rights to ALL prisoners is not American, and never will be. Nobody says that you have to free criminals---the criminal justice system doesn't do that. BUT, criminals have the right to an all-American trial.

and yes, before you ask, so do Gitmo detainees, says the Supreme Court in above-referenced case. and if you want to play qualifications, I don't exactly see what makes you an expert in interpreting SCOTUS rulings? better stop before you get too ahead of yourself.

2. Northside Storm

...what exactly are your qualifications for determining this? You have some nerve saying this about someone you have never met before. What again is your expertise on these matters---because you know, I rather consider myself an expert on myself.

3. treeman

treeman Member

4. treeman

treeman Member

No, you purport ot care about those who are tortured and innocent. But you only care when it's apparently US military personnel doing it, you don't care when anyone else does it. You are a FAKE. You care NOTHING for the human rights of those killed by AQ, the Taliban, or SAddam. You make excuses for our enemies and focus ONLY on our wrongdoings - which we actually work to correct.

You are a TOTAL FAKE when it comes to human rights.

5. Northside Storm

6. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

OP is waiting for a link, guys.

7. Northside Storm

:confused::confused::confused:

and your tracking of me through an American basketball forum has led you to conclude that?

This is clearly not your lane at all---if you're going to claim expertise over my life, then you should go about doing it.

As it is, I think you are getting heated and throwing personal projections. meh. relax dude, seriously :)

8. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Treeman and his captain America routine. *giggle*

9. treeman

treeman Member

10. treeman

treeman Member

NS -at LEAST tell us what country you live in. You've gotta give us something.

11. Northside Storm

12. Northside Storm

i think it's pretty common knowledge on this board that it's Canada? I mean people have thought that I was another poster just because of it.

13. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

there was no prison break

14. treeman

treeman Member

And which of these qualify you to comment on detainee operations? At which of these internships did you participate in any activities that gave you a good knowledge base of how detainee operations, particularly in Iraq, progressed? Which one taught you about the methods involved in securing, housing, feeding, providing for spiritual development, assisting detainees in transitioning from wartime to peacetime trades?

No, YOU took it personal with your first post. When you call US military doing detainee ops in Iraq war criminals you are talking about ME. Yeah, I take that personal.

You're probably an OK guy to have a beer with. But you have an annoying habit of talking about things that you know nothing about on the internet, and the things you keep talking about are things that I DO know something about. If you want to avoid me talk about something other than THIS EXACT SUBJECT and firearms/personal defense, because those are two of "my lanes".

15. Northside Storm

that's how you know it was done right

[​IMG]

16. treeman

treeman Member

I know. Unfortunately there is no rewind button on threads like this.

17. treeman

treeman Member

I did not know that. I actually took about a decade off from the forum, that is why I have basically no rep. I left in 2004 or something because I sorta lost a bet (I bet that they would find a nuke program in Iraq; they only ended up finding a nuke program on mothballs, but no active program, so I took the hit and left). I had changed my email, forgot my login. etc and just contacted Clutch about reactivating the account a couple of months ago or so. Go I don;t know alot of the recent people here (and by "recent" that includes 2007...).

But Canadian... yeah, that fits.

18. treeman

treeman Member

Too much arguing for one night. I'm gonna go watch Wilfred. Nothing soothes my mind more than watching a grown man worry that he's losing his mind while watching a dog smoke a bowl. Later.

19. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I have a suggestion. Let's rename this forum Treeman and Northside Storm, or vice versa.

Debate & Discussion has no ring to it, nothing to really draw you in. But with the new name, it's like Laverne and Shirley, Dharma and Greg, Oscar and Felix: you just want to check in to see what they're up in the latest thread!

20. Northside Storm

Two of those aren't internships, but thanks for assuming.

The time spent at Amnesty as a casual friend might be relevant here---though you're probably going to remark on how an international NGO that condemns everyone is anti-American.

regardless, I never thought I'd be trading internet credentials with someone on a debate forum---but here we are. :confused:

I'd honestly suggest you be more open-minded. I often have arguments with people on topics here that I know more about---as an occupational hazard, not as an "ohhh, look at me, I get to spend many hours a day looking up policy issues". I encourage debate and discussion about those issues, with the view that I can learn, and they can too, so it irks me when people pull stuff like "BUT WHO ARE YOU TO DISCUSS THIS!". That's just totally the opposite of my values.

anyways, with regards to taking stuff personally, I wouldn't. I never intended for it to get personal---but don't worry man, the system can be broken and you can be an ok dude. I'm not saying you're a monster for working in a system that has sometimes f**ked up s**t. s**t happens.