1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Abu Ghuraib prison break.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by OldfanofTmac, Jul 21, 2013.

1. OldfanofTmac

OldfanofTmac Member

This prison, located in Iraq, is where thousands of Muslims were being tortured for no reason, and many of those executing the torture were U.S. troops / Americans.

Apparently breaking news, but there has been a huge prison break with some media saying that every single prisoner has escaped, and others saying at least 80% of prisoners have escaped.

Will post link when the story is up online.

For those who don't know about the prison:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abu_Ghraib_torture_and_prisoner_abuse

I don't understand how the U.S. is so silent about things like this, it's sad that the average American has no idea what is going on outside of their country.

2. OldfanofTmac

OldfanofTmac Member

Torture, Rape, and sodomy was used against the prisoners.

3. OldfanofTmac

OldfanofTmac Member

I'm not sure HOW MANY tortures/rape/sodomy acts were committed there, but I read that U.S. officials have admitted that they occurred. I don't know much about the prison, just reporting what I have read.

My source for all of that information above is Wikipedia and other news outlets.

4. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

:rolleyes:

5. Apps

Apps Member

You're really going to doubt that there's torture going on in Abu Ghraib to this day?

6. OldfanofTmac

OldfanofTmac Member

This just shows how ignorant you are. Not surprised to be honest. WikiPedia is not my only source, I just sited it so you people could have a little background info about the prison. LIke i said, i'm waiting for that link that will be up online shortly.

Thanks for not being so naive. What are your thoughts on the torture that occured at Abu Ghuraib?

7. Apps

Apps Member

Torture is literally the worst crime that any group of humans can do to another, and I don't give a solitary **** what flag it's being carried out beneath. I don't care if you're brown, white, black, yellow, red, or whatever the hell, if you are torturing, you are morally wrong.

And in case anyone wants to come out with some "you're an anti-American!!!" B.S., my point stands for every government, totalitarian or not, in the world that tortures, including those in South America, Africa, Europe, the Middle East, and all throughout Asia. What disgusts me is that I don't think there's a single continent on this world (other than Antarctica) where torture isn't going on everyday.

Regarding this thread, however, I can't find a single source that says what you are saying, and you haven't posted a single link in support of your statement. Until then, this thread is both pointless and needless.

8. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

Thanks for the personal insult .

I do not condone torture . I also think using Wikipedia as a legitimate source is roll eye worthy .

9. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Contributing Member

This thread has a distinct 2003 vibe to it.

10. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

False, it was not thousands, and when higher ups found out about it they punished those involved.

There was no coverup (the military broke the story, not the press), and in fact Rumsfeld offered his signed resignation twice over the incident, despite knowing nothing about it when it was happening.

11. OldfanofTmac

OldfanofTmac Member

Do you lack proper reading comprehension? Wikipedia is my source just to simply describe the prison, and that wiki link sites sources which are listed below on the bottom of the page.

The source for this actual story of the prison break is from Iraqi media, no point of posting it since you couldn't understand it. I'm waiting for a link in English.

12. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

worst thread of the year

stop posting, OP

13. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

14. OldfanofTmac

OldfanofTmac Member

such an original insult, bravo.

Unless you want me to post the Iraqi media link, then I suggest you wait for the link. I'll be gone later today but if I don't post the link by this time tomorrow, you may delete the thread mods.

15. bigtexxx

not showing a lot of respect for their holy month, I guess

16. treeman

treeman Member

You are a freaking liar. There were not "thousands of Muslims being tortured for no reason" there. There were a handful of them that were humiliated by their guards, and the guards were stupid enough to take pictures of it. And those guys were insurgents and terrorists, not choir boys unjustly imprisoned.

Saddam DID torture and execute thousands of innocent Iraqis there. Perhaps that's what you were thinking about?

I did detainee ops in Iraq and I know the procedures, the environment, etc. You don't have a clue what you're talking about.

Are you aware that the US is not in Iraq anymore? And that we closed it in 2006? The Iraqis have since reopened it, and it is not called Abu Ghraib, it is the Baghdad Central Prison.

This thread is complete garbage. Total BS.

1 person likes this.
  17. bigtexxx

treeman for the complete takedown and ultimate PWND of OldfanofTmac

superb

18. Northside Storm

Northside Storm Contributing Member

in your detainee ops---care to comment on the following?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/mar/06/pentagon-iraqi-torture-centres-link

http://www.globalresearch.ca/arrests-and-torture-of-journalists-by-iraqi-regime/5313121

http://gawker.com/i-am-sorry-that-it-has-come-to-this-a-soldiers-last-534538357

I mention what's happening on the ground with tacit American approval and oversight because you seem to be on the dangerous path of justifying terrible acts that are very much outside the character of America.

#18 Northside Storm, Jul 21, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2013
  19. treeman

treeman Member

No, it's all complete and total BS. Detainee ops was conducted under a microscope, especially after Abu Ghraib. We had quite a few people go PTSD because of all of the pressure we were under to keep everything on the level after Abu Ghraib. (no, I was not one of them)

And I am not going to sit here and listen to a foreigner - yourself - who has no personal knowledge of the subject AT ALL call US military personnel who conducted detainee ops - Me - a fuking war criminal.

Just as in the discussion on firearms, you do literally do not have a clue what you are talking about. I was not at Abu Graib, I was at Camp Bucca, but I have actually worked detainee ops, and I DO know what I am talking about. You can pull BS quotes from left wing rags all day long, it doesn't mean that either they or you are even remotely on spot. You need to learn how to stay in your lane, NS. There are many topics you might have some qualification to speak to, this is not one of them.

20. treeman

treeman Member

A quick scan of the wire shows a report that Talil and Baghdad Central Prison came under attack, no word on the results of the attack. That sort of thing still occasionally happens in Iraq.

For the OP to try and implicate the US in such an attack is RIDICULOUS.