1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Above the Law? San Antonio peace officers exempt from new hands-free law

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Rocket River, Jan 13, 2015.

1. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

http://www.khou.com/story/news/loca...cers-exempt-from-new-hands-free-law/21679963/

hhhmmmm . . . I am sure many other professions could make similar claims

Rocket River

1 person likes this.
  2. Baba Booey

Baba Booey Contributing Member

I honestly cannot believe that people still hold cell phones to their ears. I have not held a cell phone to my ear in 15 years. From my wired headsets to my unbelievably bad ass Blu-Tooth headset I have now, I will NEVER return to the days of holding a phone to my ear like a caveman.

If my headset runs out of juice, I consider my phone unusable whether driving or not.

3. Teen Wolf

Teen Wolf Member

4. Roxnostalgia

Roxnostalgia Contributing Member

I, for one, have complete confidence in the Men and Women in Blue to refrain from abusing this privilege in the same spirit that they refrain from abusing other privileges. I mean if nothing else they're consistent.

5. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Good. I hope that law enforcement officials are exempt from laws that may cause them to not do their job effectively. Sure, some will abuse it. No different than any other profession where employees abuse their perks.

6. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

The explanation sounds plausible and it also sounds like this is a temporary situation until they get bluetooth in their patrol cars. Other companies can make similar claims, but they generally are not responsible for public safety.

7. Remii

Remii Member

Way down on my list of shyt to care about....

Plus I'm assuming that most patrol cops are more alert than the average driver (can't write no tickets or arrest drunk drivers if you're not paying attention).

8. Felixthecat

Felixthecat Contributing Member

Geez leave the 5 O alone already.

9. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

You act like they have to be RIGHT
    If they give you a ticket . . . .the cops are believed 9 times out of 10
    mainly because most folx don't go to court

Rocket River

10. Roxnostalgia

Roxnostalgia Contributing Member

Agreed

[​IMG]

11. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Yeah, they have freakin' laptops open while they drive. Why should we care whether they talk on cellphones or not?

12. Teen Wolf

Teen Wolf Member

How about don't force BS laws upon us that they don't even respect?

13. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Meh... My take away is that SA has a no cell phone while driving law. Good to know in case I'm ever driving in that area.

But I can see it now... Guy gets pulled over for talking on cell while driving. Cop before he gets out of his squad car: "Let me call you back, I'm about to write a ticket for some idiot who was driving while talking on his cell."

14. Remii

Remii Member

I didn't say they have to be right as far as writing tickets... Wasn't insinuating that. I just believe most patrol officers are more alert than the average driver because they're always on the lookout. Being alert at all times is very important for a cop.

15. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I didn't need another reason to avoid SA but what the heck, I'll take it.

16. g1184

g1184 Member

Yeah! F* that habeas corpus bullsh!t ... and warrants just make the police force less efficient and less effective. Git in there and git'er done!