1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ABOUT UNIFORM THREADS - PLEASE READ

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Jeff, Jun 23, 2003.

1. fucla25

fucla25 New Member

I'm trying to post it...not sure how though...

2. UTweezer

UTweezer Member

3. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

If IM me at Rockbox, I can put it up.

4. GR8BFETT

GR8BFETT Member

Just imagine this big logo on centercourt in a couple of months? The Rockets got what they wanted in people talking about the logo. Including ESPN. If we win, then who cares about the logo, as long as the uniforms look good.

5. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

me too. They should have just used that logo instead of the blood dripping R.

6. fucla25

fucla25 New Member

Rockbox....IM me...I can't figure out how to do that either...I'm new to this BBS thing. If that doesn't work for some reason, I have AOL IM and Yahoo Messenger that I can send the pic to you on.

7. Tim

Tim Member

Morphotex? No, we've never talked about that at all -- remember, there's performance issues in sports uniform fabric that go way beyond materials that might be appropriate for stage or theater. The fabric comes straight from Reebok.

Tim

8. droxford

droxford Member

Nope. Obviously you did see the logo, but you shoulda either told us where to see it, posted a pic, or kept your mouth shut.

tigereye and bigtexx, this icon's for you:
                          [​IMG]
    -- droxford

9. Rocketeer

Rocketeer Member

10. Rockets_Truth

Rockets_Truth Contributing Member

Those wallpapers are awesome. I'm already a big fan of the new logo and after seeing it constantly on my desktop Im loving it more and more. It kinda has a space age modern fierce look to it. It's very simple, yet it says a lot. Can't wait to see the new uniforms! :cool:

11. DavidS

DavidS Member

Let's check all of the logos out side by side (or, top to bottom, rather).

Rocketeer's logos changed my first impressions...

1) Good
    [​IMG]

2) Better
    [​IMG]

3) Best!!! :cool:
    [​IMG]
    ...yeah!!! :D !!!
    [​IMG]

12. RocketGuy3

RocketGuy3 Member

Those are some pretty nice wall-papers.

I'm probably late on this, but is it "confirmed" that our other color is silver?

13. Tim

Tim Member

Nice work, Rocketeer. We'll be putting up some of our own on rockets.com soon, too.

What leaked out was a flat art version of the logo. We have versions with more dimension -- you'll be seeing one take on that when billboards go up next week.

To be honest, seeing it on the billboards, with the added dimension and depth (like Rocketeer's work) and in context on merchandise is the way we would've liked everybody to experience the logo first. That's where you can really get the best sense of it.

Having a flat art version that translates both to more "dimensional" versions and on to clothing (where it often has to be simplified due to stitching patterns, etc.) was key. It's harder to accomplish than those who haven't gone through a process like this may realize. But we like where we ended up on this. Our fanbase should be seeing the translations to other mediums soon.

Tim

14. CRC

CRC Member

I have a feeling that the uniform will look much better than the logo design by Eiko ... :)

15. Tonaaayyyy

Tonaaayyyy Member

Tim,

You are the man. :cool: oh yea Eiko too

16. chriskesler

chriskesler Member

I hope that someone will take a picture of the billboard when it goes up. I'm over here in Austin and would really like to see it.

chris

17. aboinamedray

aboinamedray Member

Tim, just one question... is this the logo or is it just a monagram like the "R" with the rocket that we had for our now old logo?

18. craguin

craguin Member

Here's a pic of the cap...

[​IMG]

19. TJRocketFan

TJRocketFan Member

Thank you, thank you, thank you. The more depth added to the logo the better IMHO. Why are they delaying the unveiling of the unis, is the design not yet finalized? Is it a delay in the material from Reebok? The laeague holding things up? It just seems to me that the summer would be a better time, economically speaking, to release a whole bunch of new gear.

20. aboinamedray

aboinamedray Member

that hat looks sick...