1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

ABOUT UNIFORM THREADS - PLEASE READ

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Jeff, Jun 23, 2003.

1. Bonomaniac

Bonomaniac Member

All of this waiting and anxiety has entered my dreams. :( Of course, I hope the logo looks better than in my dream :mad:

2. ron413

ron413 Contributing Member

Movie theatres?

3. Mr. Mooch

Mr. Mooch Contributing Member

Is there any way I could see it, maybe blurred, considering I'll be having surgery on Monday without a computer and out of commition for a good week or two???

:D [​IMG]

4. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

They're going to debut it at the DMB show?

Sweet!!

5. tigereye

tigereye Member

Well that's for me to know and you to find out, Sorry.

And just to provide a lil' info on the now-infamous "draft hat." It did not have the new logo on it as has been said in the past. It has our soon-to-be past secondary "R" logo on it just like the Navy one you see in the catalogs. It is known as "fashion color" merchandise.

6. RocketGuy3

RocketGuy3 Member

So let alone the fact that you won't tell us anything about it even if you know it... you won't even tell us IF you saw it at all!?

7. tigereye

tigereye Member

Allright..................YES..................I saw it, Nuff said!

8. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

Surprises suck. Just spill the beans already.

9. BmwM3

BmwM3 Contributing Member

Well if you did see it, was it something that you think everyone would like?

10. tigereye

tigereye Member

In truthful honest word, Its terrific and worth the wait. And I am impressed with the whole concept of the design. I BELIEVE EVERYONE on this board will be too.

But I am a bit worried too...................You see, Memphis is going to get a new logo and unifroms for the next season (there first at new playen FedExForum). I have it from a good source within the the Grizzles operations (....not a site like in the past, actual person) that they are paying close attention to what the Rockets come up with. Word is that there colors WILL be Red, Black and Bronze with red being the dominant color. I'm worried the Grizzles might try and closely follow the same concept as the Rockets, thus spawning league-wide copycats. I know NBAPA has regulations they follow to prevent this from happening. Tim can you elaborate more on the NBAPA's regulations and guidelines for designs? And do you know anything about this?

11. New Jack

New Jack Member

There are already 7 teams in the NBA whose predominant color is red (Cleveland, Miami, LA Clippers, Houston, Chicago, Atlanta, Philly). Couldn't the Grizz pick a different color?

12. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

With every team in the league changing uniforms, colors, and logos every 5 years, no wonder the NBA is losing it's fanbase. Fans just can't identify with their respective teams anymore.

Once a team changes uniforms, they shouldn't be allowed to change them again for 30 years* IMO. All these changes are ruining TRA-DI-TION!

*unless said uniforms look like clown pajamas

13. SLA

SLA Member

Uhh...who cares! It's the owner's decision. He owns the team. He can do whatever he wants. There are no votes. Every THIRTY years? The owner will be dead by then. He wants new and exciting stuff. Not same old stuff. What if the jerseys look out of fashion in 20 years? Life is too short. Who cares about uniforms......if the owner wants to name his team THE BOBCATS.....then he shall do it because he owns the team.

14. Eric Riley

Eric Riley Contributing Member

Found the following at gomemphis.com

Griz plan new logo, colors, uniforms

They basically are trying to do next year (04-05 season) what the Rockets will do this fall. New logo, colors, and uniforms to go with a new building. It says the design for their new logo was submitted to the NBA on May 15, and confirms what tigereye said about the dominant color being red to match with black and bronze. So, for what it's worth, the Rockets' new revolutionary uniform concept will not be copied and exhibited during next season by the Griz. But, they always have the 04 season to flatter us.

15. P. Moon

P. Moon Member

SLA, agreed. This isn't college, the main purpose of the NBA is to generate profits. By changing uniforms and colors, getting new arenas with lots of luxury suites, having "high" ticket prices, and in some cases moving cities, a team can make more money.

If you want to follow teams with lower ticket prices, older teams, more loyal fan bases, where the teams will never move or change colors, go to college sports. (There are exceptions in every pro sport, like the Boston Celtics, NY Yankees, Montreal Canadiens, and Dallas Cowboys.) The drawback for most people of course is that the level of competition isn't as good.

Unless you are in the top 2 or 3 franchises in your sport, you are probably going to need to change unis and color schemes every 10 or so years it seems like. Teams that will probably never change colors and uniforms:

NBA-
    1. Boston Celtics
    2. LA Lakers*
    3. Chicago Bulls
    4. NY Knicks*

NHL-
    1. Montreal Canadiens
    2. Toronto Maple Leafs

MLB-
    1. NY Yankees
    2. Boston Red Sox
    3. St. Louis Cardinals

NFL-
    1. Dallas Cowboys*
    2. SF 49ers*
    3. NY Giants*
    4. GB Packers

*- All of these teams have at one time or another in the past few years tweaked with their uniforms, but the colors and overall scheme remain. The biggest change was probably the Knicks and 49ers adding black into their unis, but you can still identify the traditional orange and blue, and red and gold for those two.

16. P. Moon

P. Moon Member

Actually, give San Antonio props too. They belong with the other teams with classic uniforms that are easily recognizable. They and the Oakland Raiders of course are blessed with silver and black, a very good combo.

17. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

I saw the new logo in PUBLIC today. Hint: It is indeed very, very subtle, and if you're not thinking about it, you wouldn't even notice!

Another hint: Think background....

18. ron413

Dude, why dont you just tell us and get your due props now instead of some other person coming a few days later ...

You are da man who found it, tell us about it!!!

19. droxford

droxford Member

tigereye, bigtexxx, IF you guys have seen the new logo, you have a huge and unique opportunity to break the news as an insider to cc.net buy posting a picture. Tim at least has a reason and motivation for not posting a pic.

However...

The fact that you guys haven't posted a pic insists that we shouldn't believe you.

to put it more bluntly... Either tell us where to see it, back up your words with a pic, or shut up. Pick one.

-- droxford

20. ron413

Yeah, this whole thing leaves a bad taste in my mouth and feels like some evil ploy to mess with our minds...

PS: We dont even need a pic to believe you, just tell us where you saw it or drop a decent hint...