1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

About treeman's service... (with pics)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by treeman, Jun 10, 2014.

1. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Service definitely appreciated.

Your paranoid views about a large percentage of the American population wanting to put you into re-education camps and take all of your guns is definitely up for critique.

I don't know how much of it is paranoia, or delusion, and how much is just you trolling on here.

The fact is that almost all Americans want this nation to be great, and there are just different ideas about what it takes. That's usually all it is. When people start failing to recognize that from either side and start making ridiculous claims about everyone from the other side, that fact tends to be forgotten.

2. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I've already welcomed you back, and never questioned your service, but I wanted to add that your comment about your wife was on target.

1 person likes this.
  3. Nook

Nook Member

First, I never thought you were lying about being in the military, virtually anyone can join the military.. it isn't as if you claimed to be a SEAL.

Honestly, you don't strike me as someone to stretch the truth.

Not going to add to the meaningless "thank you for your service" crowd, because honestly, most people that say it don't really mean it and it was your choice to join the military and you were compensated for it.

You certainly have a different perspective than most, as you have experiences that few people in the USA have concerning the middle east... I do respect that.

Having said all that, your politics are INSANE... you are glynch insane..

4. Nook

Nook Member

For some reason I expected you to be a short, older Mexican fella.

I won't make fun of the way you look, nothing wrong with the way you look. Your wife and son are both good looking... I am sorry your son didn't understand when you came home.

5. Granville

Granville Member

What an awful thing to say. You might not mean it but there are plenty of us that do. Especially knowing that many of these brave soldiers put their lives on the line for this country.

6. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Here we go with the leftist "the West created Islamist terrorists" myth. The truth is - their ideology was already hateful towards us. It's not like we created their ideology.

7. Nook

Nook Member

The proof is in the pudding.

Vets are not treated very well when they come home. Everyone says the right things, but then over time people don't want to pay for their benefits or services they need.

8. Nook

Nook Member

Whether the "West created Islamist terrorists" is mute to me. The point is, they are a legitimate threat and must be handled accordingly.

9. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I will say thank you for your service. Yes you chose to enlist and you were compensated for it, not enough though for the job you were ordered to do, but at the same time there are many other things you could've done.

For what it's worth I never questioned your service and find it sad that you have had to prove it.

10. Baba Booey

Baba Booey Contributing Member

treeman has no one to blame for his treatment on this BBS but himself.

11. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

SamFisher is one of the few people who is such a prick in every post that even when he's admitting he was wrong he still makes himself look even smaller.

The BBS would be a much better place if SamFisher was given the old heave ho.

1 person likes this.
  12. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

I usually find myself on the same side of the issue as SamFisher, but there is no denying he is one of the biggest pricks/trolls on this board. His takes in the GARM are cringeworthy.

1 person likes this.
  13. treeman

treeman Member

Honestly I don't have a problem with this. I am not asking for kudos, and I do feel like I was adequately compensated. Hell, I am going back for a Masters' for free right now on the GI Bill, can't complain.

14. treeman

treeman Member

As I said, throw all the mud at me you want - I'm a big boy and I can take it. It bothers me not one whit if someone thinks I'm nuts, or a dumba$$, or whatever. In most cases the feeling is completely mutual. And yes, I dish out a lot of mud myself, I will admit. Don't play with fire unless you're prepared to get a little singed every once in a while, eh?

The only thing that annoys me is when my service is questioned. Hence this thread...

15. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

So, it's okay to question your sanity but not your military service?

Thank you for your service.

16. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Those images in the original posts look photoshopped big-time -- I guess you also starred in Full Metal Jacket.

17. treeman

treeman Member

Yes.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  18. treeman

treeman Member

You're joking, right? I mean, really, this is a joke that's just flying over my head for some reason, correct?

Unless of course you're talking about your PVT Lawrence job...

19. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Man, this brings up memories.

When I was in military police I quickly found myself named to Desk Sergeant. This put me in charge of the Desk Blotter and earned me the moniker "Blotter b****".

Not that I cared much. I didn't mind being the "Blotter b****" given that I met more than a handful of people in the service who told me, point-blank, "Reading is a waste of time." And these were among the many dudes in the military who can't write anything more than their names without suffering a brain hemorrhage.

I didn't want out of the job, though. Didn't feel much like being on patrol and having to use the PR-24 on some drunk Marines or SeaBees, given that half of them could probably yank that nightstick from my hand and turn me into a "Law and Order: SVU" victim with it.

And yeah, I'd get bored with all those Desk Blotter entries and all those Police Reports that I wrote / corrected. Too much so. To the point I'd have to be reeled back in on my entries: Keep it bland, keep it bland.

20. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Was expecting an arborist thread.