1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

About to get Boshed.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Francis3422, Dec 15, 2014.

1. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Anyone else think that we are about to go down this dark July road again over the next couple months and then in the summer? We could upgrade our bench right now if we wanted to. We clearly have assets. Another star would be great but we aren't going anywhere with Black, Garcia and Dorsey in the rotation.

Morey is like some drunk in a batting cage just hacking away. I love the guy but we should we should be pursuing depth to push some of this trash out of the rotation. I am not even positive that Canaan, Motiejunas or Jones could be effective in the playoffs this year. Much less Black, Garcia or Dorsey.

D12 and his recent health issues are another indicator that the time to go for it is now. Losing out on Bosh may end up being partly mitigated by the fact that DMO may be legit. Don't make the same mistake again.

1 person likes this.
  2. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Just because a trade for depth hasn't happened yet, doesn't mean it won't. Chill.

3. photojoe

photojoe Member

What are you talking about?

1 person likes this.
  4. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

I predict we use our TE for a wing like Dragic or Chandler Wilson and or MLE on Scola in the off-season.

5. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Hell, with the way the Heat are playing, Bosh may be available by the trade deadline. If Morey can pick up an expiring contract with that TE here in the coming days, it isn't completely outside of the realm of possibility that we'll get Bosh.

6. HamJam

HamJam Contributing Member

Once this team is healthy they will not be in the rotation -- and, if we are never healthy -- well, unhealthy teams aren't winning titles anyhow. I agree we need depth at the 4, since who knows when Jones will come back, but, the other responder is correct, a trade is still possible...chill.

I really really don't think that is an apt metaphor. Not sure where you are getting that impression?

7. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Morey has landed us great depth trough trades.

8. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

We are going to swing big. We are going to miss. We are going to have Joey Dorsey and Fransisco Garcia playing playoff minutes. Bad.

9. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

We are about to land a KEY piece.

10. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

A1 thread.

11. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Christ. If and when Jones comes back Black and Dorsey will see only garbage minutes. Black in all probability will be on the RGV roster. When Papa comes back Garcia is destined to only be a locker room guy. When Canaan gets back Johnson will be back to the bench. You do know that injuries tend to warp rotations don't you?

12. RockingRox

RockingRox Member

You don't need 13-deep to contend in the playoffs. :rolleyes:

13. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Take it easy. You sound worse than the experts at ESPN right now:

(pre-season)

Marc Stein: Daryl, you traded away perennial potential All Star Jeremy Lin and incredible Grade A+ talent Omer Asik and lost Chandler Parsons for nothing to my boss---er, to Mark Cuban (tee hee, tee hee); then Chris Bosh told you to go **** yourself. Standing in the detritus of what could have been an awesome team, how do you keep from killing yourself?

Daryl Morey: We're doomed. Done for. Kaput. I'm out of maneuvers.

1 person likes this.
  14. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I think we are going to get better simply because people are getting healthy moving all of those people you worry about back to the 10-15th people on the bench.

DD

15. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

We do need a replacement for Cisco for sure. If we can get a better backup C who can fit in with the team, I am all for it.

Bosh never wanted to come here, so it's no use bringing him up.

16. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

This thread is so fracking dumb... does the word injuries not mean a damn thing to OP? Our depth feels thin because we had so many injuries... Players like Dorsey and Garcia are bottom feeders on our team. Normally, they would be getting 5 minutes a game at most, if they even see the court to begin with. Here is our actual rotation:

PF/C: Dwight Howard/D-Mo/T-Jones/Black/K-Pap depending on if we play small ball or not
    SF: Ariza/K-Pap/Garcia
    SG: Harden/Terry/Johnson
    PG: Bev/Canaan/Terry

Our team has a solid and very deep rotation once people come back from injuries. When Black, Garcia, and Dorsey are getting minutes, that means something went wrong. In our case, it is injuries to half our team.

17. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

No, I wanted LeBron !

18. CertifiedTroll

Our current team kicks ass. It is much better to wait until the market is right to buy, than to jump the gun.

19. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

Bosh can feast on my butt acne for the way he played us in the offseason. Let him rot in Miami

1 person likes this.
  20. bmd

bmd Member

I'm picturing a drunk at his keyboard just hacking away and starting threads lol.

2 people like this.