1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

About HD Dish Network

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by houston#1, Sep 1, 2013.

1. houston#1

houston#1 Rookie

I am thinking about getting dish HD for my two TVs. They are currently SD. I wonder how much would it cost to upgrade from standard to HD for my two TVs? I don't want DVR, just only HD. How much cost for technican installation?

2. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Do you currently have Dish SD? What service are you using? Are you using HD TV's but with just an SD signal coming in?

I think the cost would depend on what your situation is now.

3. houston#1

houston#1 Rookie

Yes, I am using two HD TV's but with just an SD signal. I am using Solo 311 for both HD TV's.

4. Hammer755

Hammer755 Contributing Member

Call them to see what they'll do for you. As competitive as the cable/satellite provider market is, I'd bet they upgrade you for free and even give you something more. Otherwise tell them you're going to DirecTV.

5. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Or just switch to DirecTV.

6. TexasStake

TexasStake Member

Hey man, got some good advice for you. They offer a free HD for life to new customers..... since you are a current customer, just use the online chat like I do every year for NFL redzone for free and just simply ask about the cost of HD programming and tell them youre thinking of switching to Directv... you may have to go through 3 or 4 people but someone will tell you "give me one moment while I transfer you to a customer care manager:

Once you get here, they'll send you an offer whther it be cheap HD service or totally free, if they offer it to you for a low charge decline it and say youre just going to switch to Direct.... theyll drop even lower to their knees, roll out the red carpet, and give you HD PROGRAMMING FREE FOR LIFE....

7. Scionxa

Scionxa Contributing Member

This.

8. houston#1

houston#1 Rookie

really? I will try...

9. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

Just tell them you want to speak to the retention department and you'll leave if they don't upgrade you for free . If you get an uncooperative CS rep just hang up and call back , with dish you can get 8 different answers from 10 different reps .