1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

About game 7.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by daledondale, May 15, 2015.

?

Which's the result of game 7?

1. Rockets close win

64.8%
  2. Rockets blowout win

40.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. YourSecretLover

Is the game on ABC?

2. daledondale

daledondale Member

Haha c'mon man, stay positive, we will do this.

3. daledondale

daledondale Member

My god! yesterday i thought that Howard would to be ejected. He's having a great performance, but need to calm down sometimes.

4. moonsh0t

moonsh0t Member

Confidence is important but as we saw in Game 5, embarassment motivates as well. I'm sure the Clips will be over the shock of Game 6 and looking for redemption. They will come out on a mission so if the Rockets can keep it close in the first half, I think our guys' confidence and guts, along with a rowdy home crowd, will be on display in the 2nd half for a close win.

Hopefully Harden is feeling better because we can't expect J-Smoove to carry this team to a victory again. Getting Jordan in foul trouble wouldn't hurt either.

Rockets win, 114-111.

5. Rocket2008

Rocket2008 Member

Predictions are always bull, you never know how a game is going to go, the game we just watched should be the proof of that. If anything, it makes Game 7 that more interesting because can you imagine the reverse? We're up by 20 late and they come with a furious run and win it? Sure it's not probable, but hey, nobody believed what they saw last night.

Nobody predicted it so it's all opinion and about belief and hope, nothing more, nothing less. History of the Rockets nor Clippers matter, not 20 years ago, not this regular season or even last few games. People speak of momentum and our players said we had it going into game 6 after that blow out, but guess what, it didn't carry over. McHale said it best: momentum comes and goes, it's the eb and flows and nobody knows.

So here's my opinion: having won the last 2, we will probably be very confident and despite what they're saying, there's a good chance we will be overconfident and come out as if we already won. Therefore I think will start off a bit lazy and be down 15-6 or something similar. We will make a little run but down 33-25. It will stay close and we gain in on them but they will lead by half-time 62-53. We will then make our run again with Harden on the bench in the 3rd after they have kept a lead around 10. We will start the 4th down by a few points, let's say 90-84. Our bench will keep it close, starters come back and this time it will be Harden who delivers the final blow and win us a close game: 112-105.

6. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

I'm just glad we got to a game 7 after getting the brakes beat off us in 2 games in LA.

7. Visagial

Visagial Contributing Member

It will be tough to win on Sunday. The Clippers are a very good team. Let's hope they shoot poorly, we stop turning it over, and we shoot well.

8. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

Keep it close and play defense in the 4th quarter like they just played defense in the 4th quarter. If that happens, I like our chances.

9. Joe Fan

Joe Fan Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Game 7 of Rockets-Clippers to start at either 2:30 (ABC) or 7 p.m. (TNT) on Sunday. It's the early game if no Game 7 of Warriors-Grizzlies</p>&mdash; Reid Laymance (@ReidLaymance) <a href="https://twitter.com/ReidLaymance/status/599101362995998720">May 15, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

10. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

I'm a little nervous about a day time game, i dont know, I just feel like it may throw things off...Maybe I'm being paranoid.

11. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

Rocket fans better be loud and rowdy for game 7. they better be so loud that the clippers can't even hear what they are saying to each other. The fans need to do their part and take the clippers out of the game.

12. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I'd like it to be the day game for JVG but the night game because it means Warriors/Grizz has gone 7 as well.

13. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Go Grizzlies. Not just for the later start time obviously. :grin:

14. joeson332

joeson332 Member

I'm not making any predictions..Im too nervous.

15. jdhu

jdhu Member

Before game 6, I read an analysis that had the Clippers at 74% to win game 6 and 48% to win game 7 (if necessary). That seemed about right, and I think it still stands now. Rockets (obviously) cannot take this game for granted. It's simply a winner-take-all game, and home court is nice, but can't place all hope on that.

I think (or hope?) Rockets in a close game.

16. Marteen

Marteen Member

This game 6 is devastating to the Clippers. I don't care who you are, you were just torn apart by Josh effin Smith, who refused to go home. That being said, the Clippers are now in the same fold with the Rockets on the brink of elimination. The Rockets have veterans who have been through it all, and I'm definitely sure they can get it done barring a huge collapse like the Clippers just had.

17. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Something's gotta give for the Clippers.

Clippers in CP3 era are 3-0 in game 7s...but also haven't won an elimination game to send them to the WCF...

18. Sal

Sal Member

don't count those chickens before the hatch
    this one will be a nail biter for sure

19. Rocket2008

Rocket2008 Member

I read a post but cannot find it that stated we should have game 7 in the bag because of the beatdown we just gave them and having crushsed their spirits. I would say the reverse could also be true, after getting embarrassed like that, they could come back with a vengeance. This game is no way easy, so hope the Rockets will remain focused, come out like in game 5 and not like in game 6. We need to be up early because no way the Clippers will just lie down, even after that beatdown.

20. daledondale

daledondale Member

It won't be easy, no way, but i think the Rox will play hard and they will feel the strike of game 6. We will see, but i'm very confident.