1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ABORTION

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by giddyup, Feb 12, 2014.

1. Northside Storm

Northside Storm Contributing Member

Through the opinion of medical practitioners with regards to viability.

Seeing as how you're not a judge or a medical practitioner, where is the embedded tweet this thread so richly deserves?

2. Northside Storm

oh yeah, alternative world X.

Well in alternative world Y, men have to undergo abortions and they're not s**theaded in their thinking about imprisoning women and medical practitioners for no reason. also, abortions don't carry this heavy moral shaming that is correlated with increased abortions and terrible arguments.

1 person likes this.
  3. Northside Storm

...sperm cells can "demonstrate human life". So can stem cells. Do you know what your body is made out of and how conception works :confused::confused::confused:

what the f**k does demonstrating human life even mean?

4. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

means it contains a unique strand of human DNA

5. Northside Storm

Cancer cells have damaged DNA strands. Is that "unique". Should we kill chemotherapists?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cancer_cell

6. malakas

malakas Member

so twins is one life now? And a transplant means you have two lives in your body?
    And a cancer tumour is now a new life.

You learn something new every day.

7. Northside Storm

Also, a view that advances that any cell with unique DNA is a life basically calls everybody who uses Plan B a murderer, even if they have no viable idea of whether or not they have formed unique DNA. Good luck with that.

I don't want to live in your tumor-preservation, contraceptive-hating world.

8. malakas

malakas Member

when you get bone marrow transplant apparently your blood now has a life of its own.

9. tallanvor

I wouldn't consider it unique. If I cut off my finger I wouldn't consider me a new, unique human being either. I'd be the same person. But I can understand why you interpret it that way, as technically it would meet the definition of the word 'unique' . I'll try to use a better description for you.

10. Northside Storm

um, cancer cells have different DNA structures due to damage. You cutting off your finger won't change your DNA or the DNA present in the dead cells in your finger. :confused::confused::confused:

Curious to hear your "better description"--are you a doctor or biologist by training?

11. tallanvor

yes im aware (love your condescending douchiness. very endearing). I dont consider cutting off my finger as giving me a new body or person. This is what I wrote, but you couldn't pass up the opportunity to play dense and be your usual ******* self.

12. Northside Storm

I'm not trying to be endearing ;)

Work on your "better definition".

13. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

What compels a social solution over and above individual responsibility? I don't like to or want to clean my gutters... for the next 20 years.... who's going to do it for me?

Vapidity? Farce? Nook was right about you...

"Seem to" favor is right; I much prefer that people be inspired to do the right thing, but you keep framing every argument in the direction of protecting an innocent life as a shaming. What's a mother to do?

14. Northside Storm

Did you just compare cleaning your gutters to family choice, and an economic/social decision that will have decades of deep, non-trivial ramifications? :confused:

No, I'll tell you what you prefer. You much prefer doing nothing and talking big. You much prefer solutions that would inflict pain for no reason like jailing your moral guilt away. You much prefer feeling good while thinking bad. You won't contribute a cent or a second of your time to policies that have been proven to reduce abortions (supporting medical research, Plan B, supporting the socioeconomic welfare of women).

I hope you feel the same shame you try to place on others. You should. Your strain of thinking and the irrational sadism it represents has held humanity back centuries.

What's a mother to do? Fight like hell against irrational thinkers and smug shamers like you for a society that truly values families and puts its money where its mouth is.

The world is already a better place and will become even better when this argumentation by shame you employ dies out. The world is less violent, more healthy, and overall a better place thanks to the death of collective delusion you embody, and the injection of statistical fact into the equation.

Yeah, you could say Nook was right about me. :)

#554 Northside Storm, Feb 26, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2016
  15. giddyup

It was your paradigm to construct societal solutions to individual problems-- completely eclipsing and, in fact, kind of ridiculing personal responsibility.

Half of those babies that die in an abortion are the same kind of female that you think you are protecting. Think about that.

You, more than anyone, here practice shaming people. :eek:

Maybe you should quit ascribing motives and actions to others that you don't even know, haven't even met, but only promote your hostility?

16. Northside Storm

I'm not "kinda" ridiculing your notion of personal responsibility. I am ridiculing it. Again, why are women in Switzerland 2x more responsible than women in America, and why are women in Latin America that much more "irresponsible"? What is replicable about this?

Yeah, and maybe half of those "babies" will not die if America supported women and families fully and listened to logic rather than shame.

Of course I'm shaming you. You should be ashamed. You shame like a coward and hit abstract targets. I am here to shame you back because you won't listen to reason, or argue in any meaningful way. You may as well feel what it feels like to be shamed. Show that you can listen to reason and maybe we'll have a different discussion if that's your preference. The kind of discussion the world is having without you.

Maybe you should quit shaming a segment of people you don't know at all (the vast majority of abortion takers) if you can't deal with the hostility you generate by producing vapid nonsense, and talking a big game without backing any of it up.

You'd rather jail a woman than give a cent in support of families. Don't throw stones in a glass house unless you can take them.

#556 Northside Storm, Feb 26, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2016
  17. giddyup

First-trimester abortion is legal; where does shame come into play in "preventing" abortion?

I don't know if you noticed. We are discussing this on a message board with willing participants. No one is wagging a finger in anyone's real face in real time, so quit with the melodramatic caricature about what is going on here.

So taking no personal responsibility for one's decisions and actions is the only logical choice?

Wish there were some way for you to face the fifty million babies you have heartily endorsed killing.

You do realize that your notion of arguing "in any meaningful way" only means agreeing with you? Since our premises are different, we will never agree.

You are promoting a fatal action by one individual against another innocent individual based on the wishes of the first individual.Do you do that anywhere else?

I think your hostility is a telling thing....

18. Exiled

Exiled Member

IMO, abortion after the 10th weeks of conceiving is a murder . Unless 1st trimester screening indicate potential risks.

19. malakas

malakas Member

No baby dies in an abortion.

There's no individual that dies in an abortion.

And conception isn't a personal choice. Sex is. Sex and pregnancy are two different things.

20. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

So who has changed their minds from this discussion? :grin: