1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ABC News Reports RNC Exploring Options if Trump Drops Out of Race

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Deckard, Aug 3, 2016.

1. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Nahh, the Olympics are coming which means everything's gonna be a bit diminished. He'll make it, and he ain't dropping out.

2. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

In a normal year, yes. But with Trump the Olympics just means an opportunity to say something racist about Simone Biles or Kevin Durant.

3. bongman

bongman Member

Not sure about that. It would be easy to bait Trump by tweetting theri medal and saying... so much sweeter to earn a medal than to be given to you :)

4. Carl Herrera

5. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

These are alot of people that did not want him to be the nominee in the first place.
    Seems like the whole party establishment is trying to :
    1. Trying to TED CRUZ him again and try to manipulate him into doing their will
    2. saying ***** the presidency cause that is lost, let's save some congressional seats
    3. Majorly distance themselves from this cluster

Rocket River

6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

FIFY.

7. Carl Herrera

On NPR today, there was a discussion with David Brooks and EJ Dionne about the election. They talked about how both candidates made gaffes this week-- Trump fighting with the Khans and his own party, Hillary lying about the email server, but Hillary had the benefit of her gaffe being boring.

I think that's a good point. Hillary is just not terribly exciting in anything that happens with her-- not the positive stuff and not the negative stuff. Trump, on the other hand, is an attention seeker and attention getter by his nature. It helped him stand out from the huge Republican field in the primary, but now it's working against him.

8. TheresTheDagger

Well.... kinda.

Its plenty "exciting" enough. The excitement comes with press coverage and "buzz" around the stories and scandals. They just decided not to give them nearly the coverage they do to Trumps scandals/gaffes. They do this for 2 reasons.

1. Trump draws ratings regardless, so no need to report on Clinton scandals/gaffes.

2. They want Clinton to win. (or at least Trump to lose)

I almost can't blame them for not covering her much though. There are tens of millions of people who will vote for Clinton despite the Classified emails scandal, the DNC favoring her scandal, the troubling Clinton Foundation questions, the Benghazi debacle, the Russian reset, Arab Spring and Libyan overthrow blunders, the absolute bald faced lies she constantly says right to your face, the flip flops on numerous issues over the years, the scandals during her husbands administrations, her willingness to support outsourcing jobs and bad trade deals, her past handling of criminal justice, her pandering, and on and on.

It absolutely staggering how many voters can just gloss over the overwhelming number of RED FLAGS Hillary Clinton possesses.

I understand not voting for Trump. He's got his own red flags. Using that as justification to vote for Clinton? I could never bring myself to do that. And if/when this country votes in Clinton, as sure as I'm typing this, there WILL be more scandals. Why wouldn't there be? There's never any accountability. Not much press coverage. Lots of denials and deflection. Business as usual.

And so we come down to the one thing Clinton voters have in common with Trump voters.

Hypocrisy.

9. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Good point. He's constantly played the media for attention to the point where he completely drowned out the Republican field.

$2 Billion Worth of Free Media for Donald Trump

He played up this freak show and now the media relies on him for the freak show. The media loves Trump's attention whoring and they've fed him all he could eat. Trump doesn't know how to pull away from it and the downside to it is much larger than before.

His strategy was very shortsighted. Now his credibility is on the line, not only for himself and his family but for his business, in a way that he's always been able to evade in the past through his father, his bankruptcies, and leveraging his brand to get loans. I doubt he can go three straight months without continuing to fly off the handle with nonsense. He's a bull**** artist with a bill coming due. There are no legal maneuvers out of this one. Clinton just needs to avoid stepping in it and let Trump talk himself out of contention like he's done to date.

10. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Deep down I'm pretty confident every 'never Hillary' partisan shill such as yourself knows that Hillary is nothing more than status quo and this country with chug along just fine with her as president.

Deep down you know that there is no equavilancy. It's a adult sized baby who has the temperament of a child vs an adult with adult temperament who lies like any other politician but won't shoot the country in the foot.

Stop fooling yourself. Stop acting as if this email scandel has any tangible affect.

You really don't understand the term 'hypocrisy'. I honestly believe 'never Trump' voters have actual legitimate fears of him literally taking America down with his Twitter wars and child like temperament. This isn't the case with Hillary. Not even close. Stop with these false equavilancies. Hillary has legitimate criticisms but to compare her incompetency or temperament to Donald ****ing Trump is a joke and makes rational people like me just roll their eyes when reading your posts. Im voting for Hillary because I can handle 4 years of status quo in order to save this country from a president who could launch nukes because he was irked by a god damn tweet.

Just stop it. No one is buying your **** equavilancy.

The fact that you always have been a right wing shill and you are at the point where you are grasping for straws in order for you to feed your cognitive dissonance that Trump and Hillary are on the same stratosphere in terms of incompetency speaks volumes. The paradigm shift of right wingers speaks volumes. Any normal sane GOP candidate and right wingers wouldn't even contemplate Hillary as being at the same level of incompetency as their candidate.

#110 fchowd0311, Aug 6, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2016
  11. calurker

calurker Contributing Member

Turrible meme...
    Hands are too big.