1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ABC News Reports RNC Exploring Options if Trump Drops Out of Race

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Deckard, Aug 3, 2016.

1. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I've been saying all along that Trump is clowning us all. Problem is, half the country is too stupid to realize.

Trump is not an idiot. The man running on the Republican ticket is an idiot.

2. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

If elected, he would rule from the grave.

3. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Zzzinnnngggg

Rocket River

4. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Read the original post. It covers it.

5. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I still maintain that he originally ran for the publicity, having no idea that he would actually win the nomination. If he thought he would actually win the nomination, I don't think he would have run.

Now, I think he's starting to panic.

I really don't think he wants to be President. But his ego won't let him quit, so he's completely backed into a corner. His only alternative is to torpedo the whole process. It's like the proverbial 'joke gone too far' scenario.

6. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

He may not even be conscious of that, but subconsciously he doesn't want to be in the white house. He is making Hillary look better and better every day.

7. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Trump appears to be a severe narcissist who surrounds himself with syncophants and seemingly little to no capacity for empathy.

Of course he believes he's going to win, and his reaction to this is not to drop out it's to lash out. He just raised 60 million bucks, he's got Russia and Putin on his side to act as his proxies, he's got tons of angry white folks on his side - he's not going anywhere.

8. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I agree with Sam.

I don't know what his intentions were when he got in, but he absolutely wants to be president at this point. Not in the traditional sense, but I do think he seems himself as an American Putin type. He thinks he is the strongman America needs and that people will love him.

9. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I certainly see the logic that his massive ego views himself relaxing in the Oval Office while everyone else runs the nation and national security, happily daydreaming about the largess he assumes he'll be able to spread around for his family and friends (I'm assuming he has friends?). I keep thinking that the pressure is getting to him, though. His behavior on the stump since the DNC has been bizarre, to put it mildly. Clearly, he's either willfully ignoring the advice he's getting from deeply experienced pols, or ignoring that advice because he can't help himself. I lean towards the latter. Can his ego stand the thought of losing to Hillary as the election gets closer?

There are 3 months to go. Can he handle doing what he's doing for another 3 months? I'm doubtful. Look at how he's already claiming the election will be "rigged," an absurdity that alarms our democratic allies overseas and is frankly dangerous. In my opinion, that stems from feeling the election win slipping away, with Trump feeling like a loser, something the man can't handle. Trump keeps claiming he's ahead in states where he's clearly behind. Even his most rabid fans, like Junior (RocketLegume), for example, will see the lie plain as day if the polls continue to hold up. OK, maybe not Junior. I keep seeing a scenario where Trump simply freaks out, declares everything rigged and everyone a crook, and says he's dropping out of the race because "the system" won't allow him to win. The leaders of the Republican Party are no doubt wishing for such a scenario, thus the chatter behinds the scenes. Wishing thinking? It likely is, but I wouldn't rule it out. I also wouldn't rule out Trump waiting to do it so that it can have the most negative impact against the GOP. It would fit his juvenile (and possibly mentally ill) personality.

10. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

The Ultimate Example of Privilege and Failing Up

Rocket River

11. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

The father was the Poodle and the mother the Labrador? I hope so because I don't think a Poodle could handle the Lab's 'Drayzilla' in the heat of passion.

12. TesseracT

TesseracT Member

If you believe that Trump is dropping out, you're a complete moron

13. okierock

okierock Contributing Member

Nothing can make Hillary look better.

He is definitely making himself look worse... which at this point is hard but he has a special talent.

14. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

Same thing. :grin:

15. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

So, are you going to pick up Johnson?

16. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

The closer we get to election day, and the larger the gap between he and Hillary gets, the more likely he is to drop out. Will the gap ever get that large, that close enough to election day? I doubt it.

However, given his personality, I cannot see Donald Trump enthusiastically marching face first into a historical and monumental electoral ass-kicking. He's not a politician. He has no face to save. He has no allegiances. He's in it for him.

Dropping out would be the ultimate "me first" move.

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

He either drops out or he goes down as the worst "Republican" nominee since before the Civil War. That's his two options.

No clue what he'll do, but he doesn't strike me as a person who wants the label of "biggest loser ever".

18. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Hope all you "anti-establishment" Republican primary voters are happy now. Because this ****storm is all your fault.

Idiots.

19. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Republicans have to own this guy. He came out of their national convention. I see what you're saying--Trump could as easily be a "Democrat" and it would make no difference to him. But Trump is the #1 Republican without quotation marks now. The Republican party not only failed itself, but failed our country.

It's just horrifying to think of all the other epic fails these Republicans are up to while they help run our country.

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

That's fair, Republicans really should have to own him since they allowed him to win the nomination but I think they should get some credit in that more Republicans voted against Trump than voted for him. If they run away from him fast enough and strongly enough I think they could get out from under him for the most part. If the stand by their man, they need that black mark on their forehead to last forever.