1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ABC News Reports RNC Exploring Options if Trump Drops Out of Race

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Deckard, Aug 3, 2016.

1. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

By the way that would make a neato photoshop pic. Donald Trump and Marlon Brando ruling his own little island.

[​IMG]

2. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Trump's a damn buffoon dude. I was hoping deep down that he would turn more moderate and that he was just trolling the bigots in order to get their votes and become the nominee. But it hasn't stopped. Even though he has some good ideas (getting other countries to pay their fair share in NATO, getting along with Russia, trade), he does enough dumb stuff to make you take multiple steps back.

Still over 90 days left, which is a longtime so we'll see. The debates will show it all.

What I've disliked the most here is the bias of people. Yeah Trump's says dumb stuff but no one wants to cover any of the dumb things Hillary has said and done, only Trump. Why aren't people posting negative stuff about Hillary?

3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well this board leans significantly further to the left than the overall population, so it's kind of expected.

4. HardenTime

HardenTime Member

you are right my mistake

5. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

There are a ton of people here ( i assume ) that don't like Mrs. Clinton.

Me personally I would vote for Romney or McCain before I would her. BUT you have Trump. He is a damn joke.

There isn't much point anymore in talking about her. She is a shoe in.

There has been tons of talk about the need for a 3rd and 4th party to combat all of these corrupt people. In my opinion anyone that is unbiased and is half way competent sees this election and country close to the same.

Also it's be rehashed over and over. You obviously do not need multiple presidents from the same freaking families. It doesn't even make sense unless there is just massive corruption and collusion throughout this 2 party system. And it needs to change.

6. HardenTime

HardenTime Member

how is trump a joke. The guy wants to fix america, romney was a racist. Trump is not

a lot of republicans hate trump because he is bringing more and more blacks away from the liberal plantation and to the republican party. Republicans wanna keep things status quo

7. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

You keep saying this, but have yet to provide any proof.

8. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Sorry all I got out of that is a "lot of republicans" are racist.

9. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Gotta call out dumb.

Are you really saying the Republicans are so racist they would rather lose an election than have a black vote for them?

And we wonder why racism will never die.

10. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Link to YouTube conspiracy theorist who told you this?

11. Qball

Qball Contributing Member

I don't see Trump dropping out. But if he did, I think the only viable candidate that has a chance to pull a win would be Mittens....not joking.

12. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I can't see him dropping out and seeing one of his enemies take his place to beat Clinton - that would drive him nuts.

13. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

This is Trump and his ego we're talking about. No way this happens.

14. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Gary Johnson is polling 1% higher than Harambe, the dead gorilla.

15. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

QUESTION: Could this be the start of a rise for a Third Party?

(Rebirth of the WHIGS!)

Rocket River

16. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I agree, plus even if he loses his brand will be bigger than what is was before and he can make a career like Sarah Palin has out of it - but much bigger.

If he drops out, his brand will suffer immensely as those who supported him will feel betrayed and he will not have the media's eye after that.

He won't drop out.

17. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Not the whigs but more appropriately the combovers.

18. CCorn

CCorn Member

I don't know. His followers are like a cult. If he dropped out and said "obviously I would have won, but the system is rigged so I'm going to protest it and pass on being president for the people!!... Anyways I'm tired of this and need to get back to being great and giving thousands of people, which by the way is much more than the president..."

And his followers would eat it up and buy all his books and wear shirts that say trump is a real hero! They'd find a way to compare in dropping out of the race to Jesus on the cross.

19. body slam

body slam Member

Not to hijack the thread but since it is about dropping out. What would happen if one of the candidates would die before the election? Who would take their place?

20. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

I don't think there's much more to this than contingency planning. I wouldn't be surprised if after '68, both parties put together a plan and protocol for this type of scenario; but until now had the good sense to not publicize it.