1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[abc] If there is a preseason, the Rockets will play the Miami Heat in MO on Oct 15.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jsmee2000, Jun 20, 2011.

1. nickb492

nickb492 Contributing Member

I saw the Aces play the Round Rock Express last month. Pretty good team. That being said I know how you you feel. The only thing to watch here in Austin is Round Rock Express(The Rangers AAA team), The Toros (SA D-League), and the The Stars(NHL Dallas Stars D-League). Do people that live in Reno fans of the Suns or the Jazz? Just wondering cause of the proximity. I'm guessing it's that or they go towards California for their teams.

2. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

hmm how long does it take me to drive to KC Missou... lol this makes me happy that at least there's a possibility of a preseason/regular season

edit: 9 hours... that might be over my driving limit for a ball game

3. nickb492

nickb492 Contributing Member

9 hours for pre-season?:eek: I was mad that I had to drive three hours to see Rockets. What state do you live in?

4. kjhwang

kjhwang Member

How many quarters is it going to be?

5. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

If Jeremy Tyler is available in the early second round....

Edit...I'm stupid.

6. guoxiangsu

guoxiangsu Member

there is not if,ok?we are in reality

7. jsmee2000

jsmee2000 Contributing Member

I as thinking of going...its a 6 hours and 11 minutes drive for me. HF...well the game is on a Saturday you could always split the drive :p I was going to offer a stay at my place but it would add three hours to your overall trip and would defeat the purpose.

8. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

hmmm it is a Saturday game... so that means I could do it! I could stay in St. Louis on Friday night and actually go see the arch on Saturday morning (I've driven past it a million times but never actually gone down to see it)
    Driving home on Sunday would be a bear, but it wouldn't be un-doable.

Edit: Nick I live in Kentucky... there aren't a lot of opportunities for me to see the Rockets live during the season. I normally go to the Pacers game, sometimes the Detroit and Chicago games... and that's about it. My closest trip is Indy... which is about a 2 hour drive.

9. BowlingBaller

BowlingBaller Member

Based on the people I know and from what I've seen around town, most people are "Lakers fans". I guess it's easy to jump on a team bandwagon that wins a lot of championships, even if there are closer teams. I've also seen a few Kings fans, which makes sense because Reno is only about 2 hours away from Sac.

10. _RTM_

_RTM_ Member

Well, when you have a talent like Kevin Durant, you can support him even in Alaska

11. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Was going to create a new thread, but I rather bump this old one. Not like it's going to happen.

To all of the Red Nation in the Valley, the Rockets will be playing Denver on October 11 at State Farm Arena, home of our D League team, the Vipers.

Tickets for that game go on sale this Saturday at 10AM.
    http://www.ticketmaster.com/search?...earch&q=statefarm+arena&search.x=0&search.y=0

That covers two of our preseason games.

yeah.. not happening.

12. AXG

AXG Member

They can move the Hornets there or bring back the Kings.

13. Stevierebel

Stevierebel Contributing Member

Rockets home Pre-season games:

Oct 11 Denver
    Oct 14 Miami
    Oct 24 San Antonio

Just in case a miracle happens and the season starts on time.

14. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Wade leaves in a wheelchair due to a shoulder injury.