1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ABC] Fox Sports Grill charges Rocket fans $75 for viewing party

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by codell, May 8, 2005.

1. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Member

Thats cool man. I was pissed at first because I could not believe the Rockets and 610 could be part of something stupid like this.

We were listening to 610 all the way there and nobody ever mentioned the charge. So I believe you when you say you did not know anything about it.

2. Stack24

Stack24 Member

Thanks...it's all about getting to knw the people that come in and making sure you make it a place that fans will like...they will never get that concept because they are corporate owned....just cause you put a bunch of TV's have a fancy name and got money to blow does'nt make you any better than a hole in the wall place that takes care of fans and makes sure to please them..

3. thadeus

thadeus Member

Should have gone to Rudyard's ;)

4. Nick

Nick Member

That's it.... I officially blame last night's loss on FSG, Yao's, and any other money-grubbing buisness who was just trying to make fat $$$ off the game, not letting the patrons enjoy another big sporting event in Houston that doesn't just come around every weekend.

The greed created bad karma... which led to the 40 point loss.

5. Kerfeld

Kerfeld Member

well, safe to say that I will never go to fox sports grill again. I wanst there last night, and had only been there a couple of times. I was never all that impressed. Stack, been to your place a couple of times, it is great. I definately will be back.

6. aeroman10

aeroman10 Member

Stack...
    Where is your place located? Is there a website?

7. Stack24

Stack24 Member

407 Main Street

www.livesportscafe.com

8. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Member

Stack, they did it at Yao's too?

9. Stack24

Stack24 Member

That's what i was reading in this post.

Also double checked it and it is supposidly illegal to go ahead and charge people to watch an event that is free. The only way we were able to get away with it on Superbowl was becuase we had DJ's and special guests....so it was in essense a "private party" and you were paying for the after party and DJ not the superbowl.

I am not sure what Fox had going on that they could have justified it but i do believe they can get in trouble for it...once again unless the rules have changed that i don't know about..

10. Cohen

Cohen Member

Uh...there was also groping....so... :confused:

;)

11. oj411

oj411 Member

To clarify, Yao's does not take reservations at this time so seating was based on first availability. Regulars who demanded a guaranteed table in advance were allowed to rent the tables for their private groups.

The restaurant did not charge any customers outside of those who wanted to pay for their table. So people basically had to take their chances on being able to even get a table for the 3 hours of the game's duration.

For the previous game nights, many customers in the bar stayed the whole night on the same tables and new walk-ins were not able to be sat.

12. NewYorker

NewYorker Ghost of Clutch Fans

Clearly they were groping for money, not ass ;)

13. Chance

Chance Member

Tuff tacos to those people. I've been a waiter and a bartender and I know that having someone camping in your section eating chips and salsa and drinking water sucks but you can't "get rid of them". It's sickening.

#53 Chance, May 9, 2005
    Last edited: May 9, 2005
  14. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!
    Supporting Member

Oh man, I saw the post-game 2 footage of the Fox Grill- People partying like it was Mardi-Gras, and it looked like so much fun! I almost drove in from Galveston to watch game 7 there. Thank goodness I didn't. I wouldn't blame customers if they got together and sued someone. It was advertised as 'free'. This place needs to be taught a lesson.

J

15. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Member

All those who are saying they'll never go to Fox Sports Grill again, why did you go the first time, when you should be at Stack's? :)

16. themocitydon

themocitydon Member

lmao how can you not be impressed with fox sports grill? flatscreen tvs everywhere showcasing the rockets game. fox sport's grill is perfect if your into blackwomen, cause there is plenty sexy blackwomen there that are rockets fans. ;) . i used to love fox sports grill because it was a ghetto party up in there. i wouldnt pay 75 dollars just to watch a rockets game though. :(

17. themocitydon

themocitydon Member

dont listen to these guys on hear that said they went to fox sports grill and werent impressed. I had so much fun in that place. especially when the rockets win. that place went crazy when t-mac dunked on bradley in game two. it was a big azz night club with no music in there. only rockets fans that wanted to party and take women home. :p

18. LegendZ3

LegendZ3 Member

They were watching the game, what do you want them to do? Get up and leave in middle of a game?

#58 LegendZ3, May 9, 2005
    Last edited: May 9, 2005
  19. UHcat

UHcat Member

Same here. Won't go there again. I used to like that place but that became history when I read this. Glad I did.

20. NewYorker

NewYorker Ghost of Clutch Fans

Yeah you can, you can say that tables are for dinner only. Or drinks. YOu can't sit at a table and not order anything!!! IT's not a freaking public library.

Personally, I think if it's really a problem for a restaurant that they have people waiting to eat but can't serve them because you have a bunch of people camping out to watch the game -then DON'T show the game!