1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

AB0: Welcome to the Rockets All-Time All-Quitters Team

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SamFisher, Feb 6, 2011.

1. Entropy

Entropy Member

Scola averaged 20 and 10 too. And during his contract year, he didn't do what AB did.

2. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

And for the record sammy, i thought you were a good quality poster before this.

I didn't know that dividing the team and attacking one side was how you saw things. Brooks is as good as gone? Hes gone when hes gone, right now he was just suspended one game. Never make assumptions. Take that as a life lesson as well. He is part of this team and has done a lot for us. We've watched him grow, fall, and get back up. I never apologized or justified his actions, they were deplorable.

But at the same time, I don't believe its something he can't rectify. And if he does, the rockets as a team will be better for it.

I'm not an apologist, I'm a fan of the team, and like the title of this thread, and ironically , quitting on a player is something alot of you find very easy to do. Whether it be Yao, AB, or anyone in the past.

1 person likes this.
  3. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

scola is my fav player on the rockets for many other reasons and that. He's special in the fact he even when pushed around, he doesn't respond with aggression, but with a more complete game.

AB was wrong ok. Nobody is saying he wasn't. People are wrong, and make mistakes. Its the human element to all of us, as is forgiveness.

Scola has stated he would go back to spain if there was a lock out btw. Just to state that its not like hes bound to the team like cement.

4. Roxs-Redemption

AB isn't a quitter he is getting frustrated a lot

5. T FOR 3!!!

T FOR 3!!! Member

There's a point where it begins to feel like the team is quitting on you. AB actually had a string of good plays when RA pulled him from the game, its more than understandable why he's so frustrated. It all stems from our NO EXTENSIONS policy.

How many young free agents wanna sign for a team they kno will low ball them at every cost instead of make them feel wanted. AB had a historical season and should have been extended this summer...

BTW other FAs find a 20ppg scoring pg more appealing to sign with than 11ppg pg with intangibles... Amare was giving Brooks credit on our game against NY even though he didnt play well because AB is a high octane player and is respected around the league.. We will never SIGN an allstar this way...

6. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Don't take it personal. I just feel that AB quit on the team. Mcgrady got killed for quitting on the team in Toronto. What if Lowry got injured in the fourth or OT? Ish wasn't on the bench to makes matters worse.

Lowry didn't get an extension last season. He accepted and flourished in whatever role Adelman put him in. He was patient, played his heart out and ultimately got rewarded with a nice contract even though it was from another team.

Edit: I've been saying since the Lowry signing that AB is probably a goner. I don't think that this team can afford to invest heavily in AB with the way the roster is constructed. The rumor is that the Rockets are trying really hard to move him. I believe it -- I think they've been trying for quite some time and that's one of the main reason AB is probably upset in the first place.

#106 sammy, Feb 8, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2011
  7. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Then it starts with a sincere apology to his teammates and coaches. He will see them today. If nothing is forthcoming from Brooks, then you know that things are beyond repair.

The next 24 hours will be very telling.

8. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Thank god we didn't extend Aaron Brooks.

You only extend legit stars. Let the market set the value for our players. We got Landry, Lowry and Scola on fantastic deals that were probably cheaper than they should have been, especially Landry.