1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

AB0: Welcome to the Rockets All-Time All-Quitters Team

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SamFisher, Feb 6, 2011.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

but all the 3s that he makes are clutch and save the city of Zion

2. Achilleus

Achilleus Member

Maxwell was a contributor in 1994 and an obstacle in 1995. Sad ending for him. Thank goodness we did trade for Hakeem's UH teammate, Clyde Drexler.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/IYtCD32Sq-0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

3. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

I'm not going to excuse Brooks for quitting, just like I didn't excuse Tmac for quitting. It doesn't matter how many playoff wins, scoring titles or championships you have, when you quit on the team, you quit. "What have you done for me lately" is the mutual feeling around here. And lately, Brooks has done nothing but pouting since coming off the bench. The whole contract extension argument is a cop out. Did KLow or Scola quit on the team when they weren't extended during the season? There are no excuses for quitting.

If Brooks got his salary, we'd all be wondering if that was the right choice considering how how hes somewhat regressed and is now unhappy coming off the bench.

4. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It's a bad situation but we saw this coming when they gave Lowry all that money.

It's just worse that Brooks is not playing well. I feel bad for him, but I hope the future brings him success if he leaves.

he's the Rocket gem we found in the draft.

5. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Honestly, I'm very surprised that it bothered Brooks. Up until now, his track record has been squeaky clean. Seems like a very cool and down to earth guy so it does surprise me that the whole contract situation and coming off the bench is effecting him this much. Especially considering how he came into the league as a late round pick and started his career coming off the bench. Kindof seems he got a little big headed. I know he said he's over it, but of course he's going to say that to the media.

I hope this all blows over but apart of me says we should get something for him while we can (like tmac). He's probably one of our best trade assets and considering how things are now, there is no guarantee that Brooks will happy here next season.

6. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

He must have read too much DaDakota in the offseason.

7. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Brooks did have a couple flareups up hotheadedness in his college days. He's a good guy, but probably has that "internal fire" where he just doesnt like getting messed around with.

8. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

I'd place Yao ahead of him, half a decade of his body quitting on us! ;p :eek:

9. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

tinman, this is one of the best posts I've read since this whole drama and what every rocket fan should hope for.

The fact is he is OUR player. We WATCHED him grow, we WATCHED him fall and get back up and go on a tear like last season. Now seems like an awfully bad time to abandon him. His actions were shameful. But there is no pitfall you can't climb out of. I hope he puts in the effort and rises again.

10. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

this was sarcasm before any body crucifies me. As i've noticed the sensitivity and favoritism around here.

11. da_juice

da_juice Member

Yeah, at least Brooks wasn't like a high touted lottery pick. When we drafted him, we had no expectations. So last year was a nice surprise.

12. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I just don't get why Brooks is so dumb and is upset about the contract situation. Lowry was on rookie contract last year and was a backup. The team didn't extend him, and he got a big offer as a RFA.

Brooks could have gotten the same contract, maybe more, if he concentrated on playing well this season, whether as a starter or a backup. And that would force the Rockets to (1) match the big contract, (2) trade him, or (3) trade Lowry. No matter which of these 3 paths the Rockets go, Brooks would get paid and would be on a team that really wanted him.

Now he is ruining all that.

13. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

he avgd 20ppgand won mip.

sounds dumb but players are humans and want to feel appreciated and vlued

14. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Stop wasting your breath. AB is as good as gone.

15. apollo33

apollo33 Member

wasn't doing much this season though, little flashes here and there, but nothing like last year

16. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

your right. An unfortunate injury. His contract situation looming over his head due to morey's dumbass tactics, Losing his starting role because of that, and frustration had nothing to do with it. A young speedy guard just decays overnight. He has made the most out of his starting role since he was put in it.

17. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Aww..step aside Larsv and DD..we have our newest AB apologist. DM is a pimp. AB is a weak-minded player that needs a pacifier and a bib.

18. SLRokJok

SLRokJok Member

c'mon please....AB is not a quitter.

19. lean

lean Member

I think there is a BIG difference between troubles with the front office (demanding trade/wanting new contract etc.) and literally walking out or quitting on the team... the latter is much worse imo. Not to condemn Brooks, I still hope he finds his way back with this team.

20. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

oh ok. The GM precedes the players now. I see, well a big round of applause for whoever it was during the rockets championship years!

We've all appreciated morey when he's been right, it doesn't call for us to pierce our selves to his right nut and follow suit when its obvious hes been going about something the wrong way repeatedly.