1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

AB Appreciation thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DreaMac, Apr 19, 2009.

Tags:
  1. allforone

allforone Member

we had a rambling time in the 3rd quarter when AB dribbled like 23 seconds for each possession....luckily ron stepped up and his later 3 pointers went in.

Props, and .....pass the ball, AB

2. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

we are very lucky steve blake is their opposing PG so brooks could have a field day tonight.

i predict a huge series for brooks. will average 20+ points.

3. ebu

ebu Member

Where are all the brook haters????

In his most important game of his career he stepped up to the occasion
    and had an AWESOME GAME!!!! CONGRATS BROOKSSS

4. JLEW1818

JLEW1818 Member

See my thread.... I donated 5 bucks, just to give him my own thread.... If he does what he did tonight, I'll buy a thread for him every ****ing night... I'm not rich or poor, but when my houston Rocket point guard plays like he did tonight, I'm giving money!!!!! BECAUSE HOUSTON IS MONEY!!!!!!

5. tonyrock

tonyrock Rookie

It is clearly not a Great game by AB. It is good.not great. AB is no hope to be KOBE either. 27points doesn't mean he did well in the key moments ,especially the 3quarter. Rockets can't score with his too much dribbling,And it directs to the 4 fouls on Yao. God bless ,Ron took control and made sevral bigshots and we moved forward again.

I said we are lucky blazers are too young for playoffs. AB shoots well tonight especially in the trash time .and there were not so much pressure and suspense.I hate to say this

I prefer you put a RonRon appreciation thread . Not this one. :eek:

6. ferrarif1286

ferrarif1286 Member

great game for 1st playoff game

7. DreaMac

DreaMac Member

Atleast as a starter.

8. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

Where's the Adleman appreciation threads? All that guy does is get blamed after every loss.

1 person likes this.
  9. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I admit I only saw the highlights tonight,and have no doubt that he probably dribbled too much at times based on his history but he did look confident and made some really good shots. I didn't expect him to play with that degree of confidence. I'm not trying to imply that he is a starting caliber PG but he does deserve credit for getting 27 points and 7 assists.

Edit: I knew Aaron could cause problems for Blake with his speed, but Steve is a heady PG with a good outside shot and I felt Aaron wouldn't handle the pressure of the playoffs since he isn't a true PG.

#29 saleem, Apr 19, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2009
  10. TheGM

TheGM Contributing Member

AB had a great game, yes Portland is experienced but so is Aaron. He had an amazing performance given that this was his first playoff game with significant time and as a starter, too.

11. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

AB responds best in pressure. He turns on game face and hits cold blooded shots. We know this from experience and that's why he's starting PG.

12. MiracleShot

MiracleShot Member

lol i think its kind of ironic that you started AB appreciation thread and ur sig is ab is a prob...Lol
    Yeah he learned how to assist! 7 assists!!

13. ebu

ebu Member

LMAO your right!!! hahahha

he is one of the bandwagon jumpers
    who must of been in all of the talk about benching brooks and
    now he praises him :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

14. MiracleShot

MiracleShot Member

Yessir =]

15. rocketsqtc

rocketsqtc Member

AB crossing over LaMarcus

<object width="320" height="265"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/91HKLBVqccA&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/91HKLBVqccA&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="320" height="265"></embed></object>

AB buzzer beater to end the half

<object width="320" height="265"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/91HKLBVqccA&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/91HKLBVqccA&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="320" height="265"></embed></object>

View the rest here:
    http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=6051D253CD3DB9CC

16. rocketsqtc

rocketsqtc Member

whoops, here's the buzzer beater

<object width="320" height="265"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0iShcYDLCTo&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0iShcYDLCTo&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="320" height="265"></embed></object>

17. Electro

Electro Member

AB had a good game, granted..

but remember, oregon is the place of his college days..he probably had lots of family there.

I'm not sold on AB keeping up the aggressiveness when it comes to other teams, yet.

Soooo good job AB0, but, I dare you to play like this always.

18. BucMan55

BucMan55 Contributing Member

Um....This is funny. Folks are trying to make his 2 turnovers in the 3rd quarter overshadow his 10 for 17 performance, 5-8 on 3's, and 7 assists. They DID go to Yao in the 3rd quarter, but the blazers knocked it out of bounds. There are OTHER alternatives to go to when the D is keyed on Yao, which they were after his perfect 1st half. Scola was also perfect until midway thru the 4th quarter or so. Artest shot 7 for 12 and was 5 of 6 inside the 3 point line. Then of course, you get the bogus 4th foul that sends him to the bench with 7 minutes left in the 3rd so the team CAN'T get him the ball with him on the bench.

When Steve Nash scores 20 and gets 10 dimes nobody complains about the posession he dribbled out the shot clock and missed the 22 footer. Nor about the time he penetrated and tried to find his teammate only to have the ball taken away for a turnover.

19. BucMan55

BucMan55 Contributing Member

Just checked the numbers, best play-off game by a Rockets starting PG since the Steve Francis era, and then its comparable.

#39 BucMan55, Apr 19, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2009
  20. Shaud

Shaud Member

I absolutely can not believe people are in here complaining about AB's performance last night. I guess some of you think the man has to be perfect.