1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Aaron Hernandez found dead

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by KingCheetah, Apr 19, 2017.

1. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Ask Obama and Deep State.

2. Buck Turgidson

I'm a happy guy, I love everyone, but I really wished when I saw the thread title that it said "Angel Hernandez found dead".

K mf G likes this.
  3. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Yes

Abolish the unathletic, dumb ass, low IQ sport eggball once and for all

Being 300lb+ plus having no brains aint a good recipe

REEKO_HTOWN and TheRealist137 like this.
  4. FTW Rockets FTW

Eggball is a crappy "sport" In fact it isn't even a real sport

Just a bunch of grown ass 300+ lb obese men touching each other below the groin and pushing each other

However, the downside to taking the sport away is that we will let lose all these eggball watching basement dwellers like bobbythefail and theimpossibles1

Letting them lose may have some serious consequences to the public. Better to have them caged in mum's basement and put some eggball crap on

Jontro, REEKO_HTOWN and TheRealist137 like this.
  5. TheresTheDagger

Hernandez didn't volunteer for anything. He was paid to play a game that everyone knows is dangerous and not just for CTE. All this appears to be, is a money grab by a family unwilling to come to terms with the poor decisions and subsequent abhorent criminal behavior of their family member.

6. FTW Rockets FTW

I must also say that I have never heard of Aaron Hernandez before but RIP

Th only Hernandez I know is Javier Chicharito Hernandez

Pen15clubber, Jontro and daywalker02 like this.
  7. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

NFL as we know it has a expiration date. I don't see future parents allowing their children to play football.

8. CoolGuy

CoolGuy Contributing Member

educated parents wont. there will always be uneducated/poor people who will bash their heads in for our entertainment.

9. FTW Rockets FTW

Agreed.

Like I have always said it is a "sport" for the uneducated.

CF is a small sample size but a worthwhile experiment. The biggest eggball fans here are bobbythefail, smallltexxx, @theimpossibles1, smitheyretard @smitheygerard aka kevinisbacon

And we all know, the less said about them when it comes to education, the better.....

10. Sajan

Sajan Member

Especially if those families sees professional sports as a means to come out of poverty.

Is anyone really watching football for the actual game these days? 3+ hours to watch 12 mins of true action. Rest of it is just truck and beer commercials.

FTW Rockets FTW likes this.
  11. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

This is from the study of the 111 NFL brains:

"The study points out potential bias because relatives of these players may have submitted their brains due to clinical symptoms they noticed while they were living. It also acknowledges the lack of a comparison group that represents all individuals exposed to college-level or professional football. Without that, the study lacks an overall estimate on the risk of participation in football and its effects on the brain."

KingCheetah likes this.
  12. smitheygerard

smitheygerard Member

I guess we should stop playing futbol too...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_association_footballers_who_died_while_playing

13. FTW Rockets FTW

Agreed. Garbage "sport"

have prolly watched 5 minutes my entire life and in those 5 minutes there were about 35 minutes of Wendy's and McD's commercials. It's usually the uneducated, jobless basement dwellers who have the time to watch all those commercials in between some fatties bumping each other

Well to each his own

14. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Yes, yes I would.

Smart people will probably pull back on football, but the NFL isn't, and never has been, built on the scholars of society(none of the big time sports have). The majority of NFL players would be working a regular low end 9-5 job if not for football, or possibly much worse.

It's the risk they take, a risk that these days they enter to with eyes wide open. There's not a player in the league that isn't extremely aware of what they are risking, yet only a very small number have decided to hang it up, even the ones who are already set for life.

I like giving people freedom to live their lives however they want. What do we outlaw next, fried foods? I'm sure that's killed many more people than football.

15. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Evidence points to Hernandez being an ******* way before he entered the NFL, so if CTE is the cause, it's not the NFL's responsibility. That being said, I would never let my kids play football. Stupid sport and I wish I didn't love watching it so much.

16. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

Totally agree. Because of CTE, I'm totally steering my kids toward Soccer, Basketball, and Baseball.

In my opinion, CTE could cause a rise in MLS talent, which could ultimately push a new and younger fan base and bring the Soccer to new heights here in the U.S. There are so many youth Soccer leagues in the my area alone, I can't even count.

There's really nothing the NFL can do about CTE. It's part of the sport now, you can't take big hits out of the game. You can't take big hits away from grade school youth football leagues. It's impossible.

17. FTW Rockets FTW

Great choices. Real football and basketball are two of the best sports. Eggball is one of the worst "sports"

Your kids will also be smarter than any of their friends who resort to eggball

happy for your wise decision.

TMac'n likes this.
  18. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Correct, boxers can get CTE or a form of it called Dementia pugilistica (DP). Any sport/action that has repeated blows/concussions to the head increase the risk of brain related issues typically. hell they have even found some link to ALS in some people who've suffered repeated head trauma. Obviously genetic factors and other environmental risks can cause brain related disorders, but the correlation between hitting your head repeatedly can not be ignored when you look at the damage to their brains once the protein TAU is out of control.

#98 CCity Zero, Sep 22, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2017
    Jontro likes this.
  19. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

I don't think football has an expiration date.

.0001% of kids end up as professional football players. If you start seeing an uptick out of college athletes then it will be something to worry about.

20. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

That's specifically related to how prevalent it is in football - not the fact that CTE itself doesn't exist.

THe control group for CTE is basically people who don't get hit in the head repeatedly (most people) and don't display the symptoms or the brain clumps that are found in football players, boxers, combat veterans and others who have head trauma.

It is documented that football players show higher signs of cognitive impairment than the general populace, and the correlation of those cases, to the extent they ahve been studied, with CTE is pretty damning