1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Aaron Brooks vs Stephen Curry

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Htown's2kFinest, Apr 11, 2010.

?

Who is better?

1. Aaron Brooks

139 vote(s)
    43.3%
  2. Stephen Curry

182 vote(s)
    56.7%
  1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Brooks has done a great job, 20ppg 5+ assists...and solid shooting numbers.

The entire league is talking about how good he is, from Phil Jackson, to Greg Popovich, to JVG, they are all raving about him.

Too bad people who don't understand the game have Clutchfans accounts and can type about stuff they don't comprehend.

DD

2. Entropy

Entropy Member

He should definitely get the most improved player award, now that Bogut has gone out for the season.

3. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

you guys really don't appreciate AB

4. Entropy

Entropy Member

We appreciate him for what he is, a great shooter, fantastic tough shot lay-up maker, decent passer, dazzling fast, and a humble and self-effacing team-player.

5. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

you guys need to relax.

Nothing wrong with not being a homer.

I like our guys but emo fans are strange indeed.

6. DaDakota

LOL - says the king of the Emo fans.......

You should read your chat logs.

And, yes, I am 100% an emo fan as well.

DD

7. REEKO_HTOWN

The chat logs are fun. You can get a big rise out of people.

8. DaDakota

That is trolling my man....just an FYI.

DD

9. REEKO_HTOWN

Trolling on chat is ok. Trolling on the GARM is unnecessary.

It clogs the tubes.

10. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

no need for insults

11. REEKO_HTOWN

Emo is an insult?

okaaaaaay

12. rocketjunkie

rocketjunkie Member

I love having AB as our point guard. Would be completely happy with him for the next several years. He has improved every year, and I think will continue improving. I don't think he's reached his ceiling yet. For one, I think he will really be working on mixing drives in the paint with the stop and pop (which he is starting to do better at). That will be deadly when he can decide between one or the other without having to think about it. Also, he's not a great passer but he's decent, and in our current system, we don't need a pure point guard -- we need one who can shoot. And he really can shoot. He has a 40% 3-point average, but what hasn't been noted enough is that he makes most of his 3 pointers from 25-26 feet out because he is short. MOst 3-point shooters take the shot right at the edge of the line. But because AB is short, he has to back off some more because tall defenders are coming at him. Imagine if Yao gets back and is relative healthy (yeah, I know - insert health joke here), and he can shoot open 3 pointers standing nearer to the line.

Having sad that, I'd take Curry today not only for his upside, but because he's special now. But this is a moot point, because I agree GS will NOT be trading him for AB. And to think that Minnesota passed on him not once, but TWICE. Morons.

13. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I appreciate AB a lot and love his development. But Curry is already light years ahead of what AB was as a rookie and has a chance to be an elite-level player.

AB was a steal where Morey drafted him. He is a late 1st-round gold nugget.

14. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I would argue that there are assets that curry will never be able to match like AB's quickness

15. Entropy

Entropy Member

That is true. But we can also argue that everything else that Curry has like Basketball IQ, defense, play-making, and decision-making, are things that AB will never be able to match as well. Not to mention a few inches of height.

16. Landry92

Landry92 Member

The poll is close suprisingly
    I love brooks as much as the next guy .. But i'll trade for brooks in a heart beat !!

17. abc2007

abc2007 Member

The warriors even didn't want to trade Curry for Stoudemire, and resulted in S. Jackson's leaving. You think they could trade Curry for Brooks?!

18. Entropy

Entropy Member

Only players comparable to that they would trade Curry for are Lebron, Kobe, Dwayne Wade, Dwight Howard. And they'd be iffy on Kobe and Dwayne because of their age and injuries.

19. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

That argument would be successful against almost any player in the NBA, not just Curry. I must admit when AB plays under control and decides to abuse a much slower defender, it gets ugly fast.

20. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

exactly, and I just don't see that in curry, and I don't see how much better curry is in play making. the only thing curry has over brooks imo is shooting.

did these guys questioning brooks bball iq see the plays he was making last night against phoenix