1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Aaron Brooks vs Stephen Curry

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Htown's2kFinest, Apr 11, 2010.

?

Who is better?

1. Aaron Brooks

139 vote(s)
    43.3%
  2. Stephen Curry

182 vote(s)
    56.7%
  1. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

I'm getting my #30 Stephen Curry jersey soon.

2. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

Brooks + (shooter) for Curry + filler?

I'd be willing to part with both Brooks and Budinger and 2nd rounder for Curry + randolph.

3. ommy48

ommy48 Member

and why would GSW do that when both Curry and Randolph are better than Brooks and Chase? D. Morey would be hailed as the GM of the year for such a heist.

4. Tiger23

Tiger23 Member

im biased i picked Brooks, so wat?

the way AB has been playin lately I gota go with him but Currys ceiling is so much higher tho but rite now im riding with Aaron

5. Tiger23

Tiger23 Member

so basically u just contradicted ur case for Brooks with that statement rite? :grin:

but yea 2nd that sentiment where Brooks edges him out IMO at this moment but Curry has a chance to be a superstar.. Stephs already achieved star status in his rookie season

6. tomjc

tomjc Member

KEEP brooks

what we need is an athletic 2guard and a banger @ center and powerforward... trade the tweeners in jefferies, battier, and budinger,

7. amaru

amaru Member

when talent is comparable, you gotta go w/ the guy whose done it on a bigger stage in my opinion.

Brooks as of right now.

1 person likes this.
  8. Tiger23

Tiger23 Member

yayyy, and the short bus is waiting for u :cool:

9. OremLK

OremLK Member

If you think Curry is better than Brooks right now I have a bridge to sell you.

However, there is a very good chance Curry will be better in the future... that's not what this question is about though.

10. Pipe

Pipe Contributing Member

Right now, AB and Steph are pretty close to equal. Long term, there is no question Steph will be much better.

People forget that this is only Curry's second year playing point guard. His court vision and passing skills will only improve as he gets more experience at the point, but I think the things that will improve most of all are his shooting percentage (he is stilll trying to figure out when he needs to take over) and his assist/turnover ratio (like most rookies he turns it over too much). He is still very much learning his way, and working on Nelson's team doesn't help.

I love AB, but Curry will be a HOF when all is done.

Edit: to add, defensively Curry one of the tops inthe league in steals and is already better overall and at 6"3 his advantage will increase.

#30 Pipe, Apr 12, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2010
  11. OremLK

OremLK Member

Wow, jumping the gun a little aren't we? Why don't you wait until he's at least played two seasons before anointing him a hall of famer...

12. Slimjim19

Slimjim19 Member

Curry any day.

13. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Looking at his steals number as a sign of great defense is a little misleading, I think. Monta also is top 10 in steals (averages more than Steph, but in more minutes), though no one would really call him a great defender. Moreover, the Warriors are horrible defensively. Granted, they have no interior defense, but effectively by only focusing on steals you completely ignore the other 95% of the time they gamble but don't come up with the steal and give up an easy two.

This is true of all top steals players in a sense, but whereas with an Artest, Ariza, etc. you know they are also great man defenders and can play within a sold half-court team defense system. You can't say that about Steph yet.

Still, despite the system potentially over-inflating both offensive and defensive stats, the kid is super talented, and completely proved wrong; i thought he'd be more JJ than Nash/Paul.

14. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

While I wouldn't call Monta Ellis a "great" defender, he is certainly very good and perhaps could be elite if he had a coach that cared about defense. He and Turiaf stand out from the rest of the Warriors in that regard. I agree with your comment on steals but let's not sell Monta short.

15. Someguy1229

Someguy1229 Member

Brooks is better right now because he is a more complete offensive player but Curry has a lot of upside.

16. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

I would take Curry over AB any day of the week. Curry has way better court awareness and can still score very well.

17. Entropy

Entropy Member

Curry is already a better defender than Brooks ever will be. And Curry's defense is only going to get better. He's as good a shooter as Brooks, an incredible passer, and has an extremely high Basketball IQ. He only loses to Brooks in the speed department, and then, only slightly.

He's also taller. He's also younger. He's also better looking. No homo.

Curry> Brooks

18. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Isn't it nice though that we are comparing a top lottery selection to an end of the first round player.

Good job Morey and staff.

DD

19. Entropy

Entropy Member

Also, if we hypothetically tried to trade Yao + AB for Curry straight up, temporarily ignoring the salary matching issues, Golden State would laugh at us.

20. Entropy

Entropy Member

Yep, they've done a good job of building up Brook's play.