1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Aaron Brooks vs Stephen Curry

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Htown's2kFinest, Apr 11, 2010.

?

Who is better?

1. Aaron Brooks

139 vote(s)
    43.3%
  2. Stephen Curry

182 vote(s)
    56.7%
  1. Htown's2kFinest

I got into a debate on with some people on who I thought was the better so I wanna ask those without being bias. Who is better right now, the rookie or AB?

[​IMG]

VS

[​IMG]

2. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Their has been like 2 of these threads already in the past.

3. Htown's2kFinest

[​IMG]

4. 3rdRingsAComin

Right now, I have to go with AB. In two years, I think it will be Curry, he has a big upside and his numbers will always be inflated in Golden State

hakeem94 likes this.
  5. Noob Cake

Noob Cake Member

Curry has 10x the vision

6. Juxtaposed Jolt

Offense:
    AB = Curry

Defense:
    AB = Curry

PG skills:

Curry > AB.

Verdict?
    Curry > AB.

7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

AB is better than Curry right now, but Curry is really special.

It is hard to tell overall honestly because Golden State plays so loose and without defense.

Curry can play but in a structured environment would he be as good as Brooks?

To me that is the issue, Brooks has done it in the playoffs and has his team above .500...so advantage Brooks.

However, If they offered Curry + Randolph for Brooks and Trevor...I would do it so fast your head would spin.

;)

DD

hakeem94 and Deckard like this.
  8. ommy48

ommy48 Member

Curry is a better passer (no question here) with better vision and the ability to make his teammates around him (regardless of who they are-i.e. D-leaguers) better as well (and don't start with the system argument, if you have ever watched the GSW play you see the difference when Monta Ellis runs the offense versus Curry doing the same, one player plays team ball, the other doesn't...)

Curry also is undeniably a better shooter who is far more efficient in his scoring. And mind you this is just his first year, where he struggled with his shot for two months until he acclimated himself to the NBA game. So wait till you see his shooting %'s next year which will be even better than 46%FG and 43% 3 point, with close to 90%FT.

And Curry is already a better defender who has improved by leaps and bounds since the beginning of the year. This fact is apparent only to those people who have watched him play throughout the year regularly. He is ALREADY in the top 10 in the NBA in steals which tells you that he has great hands and gets into the passing lanes very well.

Just look at his line from the last game (tonight he had 25, 7, 7 on 8/14 shooting against the OKC thunder and all their vaunted talent and defenders-Sefolosha, Westbrook...) where he had 27, 14, 8 and 7 steals:

A LINE THAT HAS BEEN DUPLICATED ONLY TWICE IN THE HISTORY OF THE NBA.

The guy is already a beast and will only get better. I would take Curry over Brooks in a heartbeat as would D. Morey and most if not all the other GM's in the league. You are talking about someone who has Nash like qualities and then some (steals) and is showing them way before Nash ever did in his career.

hakeem94 likes this.
  9. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

If the Warriors offered Curry straight up for AB, "I would do it so fast your head would spin". But even they aren't that stupid.

It's debatable who is better at the moment, but there is no doubt Curry will be a much better player than AB in short order, like next season.

10. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Curry all day ever day.

11. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

You could be right, I really like Curry as well as Brooks would be happy to have either on my Rockets.

DD

12. MourningWood

MourningWood Contributing Member

It's hard to judge -- Curry plays in one of the most wide open, up-tempo offenses in the game under Nellie. His stats are clearly inflated in GS.

At this point in time, I'd take Brooks. Although he doesn't have the court vision of Steph, he's just as good of a shooter, and he has more experience. Check back in 2-3 years, and Curry would most likely be my pick.

13. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

WOW...I would love to choose AB but Curry is SPECIAL and will probably be the better player by next year. DAM IT I choose Curry... ;)

14. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I would be a lot happier with Curry. He and AB won't be mentioned together here for very long. Curry is like a younger, more athletic work-in-progress Steve Nash. AB has been in the league 3 years and still makes more dumb mistakes than you can shake a stick at. Curry has ten times the basketball IQ and court vision of AB and will eventually leave him in the dust as a basketball player.

15. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

Brooks right now.. Slightly.. Curry definitly in the future.

16. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

Curry all day, every day.

17. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Clearly Brooks right now, but Curry was a lottery pick, he certainly has the potential to be better in a few years, but no way I take him over AB for this season

18. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Brooks has a slightly better PER 16.1 vs 15.9, but I like curry. He is bigger, a better shooter, and has more vision then when he was in college.

19. Melechesh

Melechesh Member

Curry is already better than Brooks. He has much better play-making skill and his scoring is efficient. He's also a smart defender. Give me Curry over Brooks any day of the week. That said, GSW aren't stupid enough to offer Curry for Brooks so I'm happy with what we have right now. :grin:

20. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

Brooks right now, but Curry has more upside it would seem.