1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Aaron Brooks vs. Goran Dragic Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Someguy1229, Feb 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Someguy1229

Someguy1229 Member

A Suns writer wrote an article comparing the two and you can read it for yourself but I think the best thing about Dragic that will be an upgrade over Brooks is his defense.

http://valleyofthesuns.com/2011/02/24/aaron-brooks-vs-goran-dragic/

Here is the quote about defense:

"The biggest knock on Brooks is his defense, while Dragic was one of the few Suns players capable of defending the perimeter. Dragic is yielding only 0.87 points per possession overall, and an impressive 0.65 points per possession in isolations that ranks 27th in the NBA.

Brooks, on the other hand, gives up 1.0 points per possession overall and 1.25 points per possession (56.5 percent shooting) in isolation situations, ranking 292nd in the NBA. His size is his downfall and the NBA’s worst defensive point guard (Nash) now has one of the worst backing him up."

This thread can sort of track who got the better trade between the Rockets and the Suns as the season and their careers go on.

2. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

plus consider that the guy has 2-3 seasons less playing time and only something like 20 mpg

I think he could be a huge upgrade plus someone we might build around

3. Someguy1229

Someguy1229 Member

4. timelordtwo

timelordtwo Member

Another improvement is Goran, when he feels like it, can be a very scrappy player. If anyone remembers the suns/spurs series last year I've never seen someone play harder in my life. He absolutely took over the fourth quarter in the third game.

5. Someguy1229

Someguy1229 Member

6. Rockzilla

Rockzilla Member

You only build around star players. Dragic will be nothing more then just a good, reliable backup.

7. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

I doubt that he's going to be a backup..

IMO he's better than Lowry, considering both are healthy and play their best

8. RocketMania1991

9. Rockzilla

Rockzilla Member

LOL wow what a homer who wrote that article. Dragic edged out Brooks 4-2 in those breakdowns but yet he gives the overall edge to Brooks.

10. Visagial

Visagial Contributing Member

11. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

As a back-up, I would take Dragic over Brooks all day. Plus, Brooks was unhappy playing second fiddle to Lowry and he was very obvious about it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.