1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Aaron Brooks says he's back with the Rockets!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by redhotrox, Jul 18, 2013.

1. Artie_Fufkin

Artie_Fufkin Member

Gives a whole new meaning to "AB for three!" Glad to see him back...again.

2. thedude077

thedude077 Member

Goodbye Jeremy Lin.

3. romain

romain Member

Well, in reading this, what can I say?

4. King Drew

King Drew Member

Just know the God Father is not done.

5. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

lol..

6. rocketsfan4

rocketsfan4 Member

Solid lockerroom player, or solid player in the lockerroom?

7. luckytxn

luckytxn Member

Lol

You over think things like a girl does. Keep it simple.

8. lwlee

lwlee Member

I agree that Brooks probably didn't have any real suitors. His problem is that he's undersized. League is overflowing with decent guys bigger than him. I'm not sure about the theory that Morey "owed" him so that's why he's back. From Brooks' viewpoint, he probably thinks Houston's backcourt is one of the weakest so he has a chance to start if Lin/Beverley falters.

9. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

Really this is kind of stupid. Jeremy Lin is a Christian. He says he is a Christian. He doesn't push Christianity on anyone else but he is proud he is a Christian.

I do agree that there are those that hate he is so outspoken about his Christianity but I think it's a small percentage. Unfortunately that small percentage is very vocal and hate with an unjustified passion. People will disagree with this. But it's just logical. A percentage of the world hates Christianity and a percentage of Rockets fans hate Christianity and a percentage of clutchfans do as well.

SO it just makes sense that there are some haters of Christianity on here and haters of Lin because he is a Christian. What surprises me is there are not more defenders of Lin on here. What I see is a kid who has already shown he can ball in this league in New York and improved every month while he was here and got his three point shooting to almost 40%. Plays solid D is unselfish to a fault and is as hard a worker as there is on the team.

What's not to like about that? In New York he had fans going crazy. Yeah I am sure there were haters there too but you didn't hear about it as much. Here at least on this board it's just ridiculous how much polarity there is over him. Especially when you consider he is an improving young pg who has already proven he has skills. Sure Beverly is a better defender and has more athleticism. But overall Lin has shown more. Lin is the better pure pg at this point and he is improving in areas he is weaker than Bev.

People act like Bev has more upside but they're the same age. I watched Bev in S/L and he still looks good but faults in his game are still there. He is not a great distributor and he is not a good a shooter as Lin. Yeah I now the stats are close. This is not meant a testament against Bev or for Lin just that you can agree or disagree who is better, clearly there are arguments for both. But why all the hate. Maybe Lin is overpaid but when you consider how much money he makes Les it's not by much plus he is a solid pg that is improving and I think he will come in and show that right off.

So why all the hate. If he doesn't pan out it won't be the first time that has happen. Cato was not worth his contract or Mo Taylor or Stromile swift or Royce White or Marcus Morris. Personally I am excited about this team with Lin on it but if trading Lin gets us LMA or even Ilyasova that's great too. I will still root for Lin because he is a good guy and not a jerk who has some basketball talent.

So while there is no way to know if Lin or Bev is on the block at this moment. It appears to me that the Brooks signing is Morey preparing for that possibility. I can't believe that Brooks wants to cheer on the bench for a whole year. Just don't see him coming here to do that again. So I got to believe they told him at least that they see him contributing more this year. And I find that hard to happen unless the intend to play him at the 2 a lot or Morey sees the possibility of a trade in the works that might involve one of their points.

2 people like this.
  10. gene18

gene18 Rookie

During an interview Morey said the Cannan will be in the D league. Maybe for 1/2 a season. So brooks will be third off the bench,or so it seems.

11. tonyt8605

tonyt8605 Member

I'll defend him and his Christianity.

I respect Megadons opinion a lot. But I think that post is what keeps Christians silenced. I mean it seems like if I were to mention Jesus just once in conversation, I'm immediately labeled as pushing it on others. Lin has a picture of Jesus on twitter. Great! He's passionate about his faith. There are thousands of people with the pink equality sign for gay rights but no one claims that they are pushing their beliefs on the world. To me, those are the sign acts. Lin is passionate, let him be passionate. I wear my cross necklace everywhere I go because I love my faith, not to push it or stop everyone I know and tell them about it. And I'm sure Lin does the same thing. My cross and his picture are their simply to state who we are and tell anyone who wants to talk to us about it, that they can. There are many Christians who have instilled in the world th wrong approach to being one but I just don't want everyone Chrisitian labeled that way without proof.

So the definition of "pushing" religion on people is not what Lin has been doing. With that said, I would love to see what a PnR player like Lin can do with Howard but if he is indeed traded, I'm not going crazy because Bev is a good point guard as well.

12. CCorn

CCorn Member

Perhaps he just wants to collect a check.

13. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

I really don't care about religion. Probably makes me a Christian hater is some eyes.

I do like JLin. He has only played one full year in the NBA. PGs usually take several seasons to develop into NBA quality starters. It's just how it is.

I don't know what to think about AB coming back. I don't think DM will use 4 spots on the 15 man roster fro PGs, especially for a third string veteran.

#593 No Worries, Jul 19, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2013
  14. basketballholic

never said Morey "owed" him. said Morey promised to make him whole. No way does a baller in his career position walk away from a single cent of $3.4 million that he can't make up. Brooks agreed to lose $3.4 million. Only one explanation for that. He knew he was going to get that money. As you can see, he couldn't get it from any other team. Just more reason why we know that he had a promise from Daryl.

15. basketballholic

You simplify like a little girl. The facts are on the table. See the big picture and process them like a man.

16. luckytxn

luckytxn Member

No

Oooo. Touchy like a girl too.Must be that time...

1 person likes this.
  17. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

Dwight Howard Effect!!! No way do we get AB, F.Garcia to re-sign without Dwight. And most likely we could end up with Mike Miller and/or Marcus Camby. I can't wait till next year, another batch of newcomers wanting to play with Rocketman (I mean Superman).

18. basketballholic

Pesty like a girl...must be your time.

19. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Will he even make it on to the 15 man roster? Being serious.

20. basketballholic

Legit question. 50/50 at best. Wouldn't you agree?