1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Aaron Brooks says he's back with the Rockets!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by redhotrox, Jul 18, 2013.

1. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

lol any sane individual will tell you Lillard>lin. go ask the blazers GM if he would trade Lillard for lin. I can assure you morey would do it in a nano second.

2. ZJP3

ZJP3 Member

Eh I think it is a safe assumption that something more is on the way. With this and the Marcus Camby rumors there has got to be something in the works.

3. megadon

megadon Member

you could be right.. after all it's just my opinion on the matter. the only available information I got from object information is that head 2 head, they were pretty equal. Lillard was very impressive though.

4. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

+1 dude

5. megadon

megadon Member

first two games against the ROckets, Lillard was very impressive. Lin didn't play well the second h2h match-up. The third and final game was more of a wash, lin played 26 minutes and did very well for only 26 minutes of play.

But Lillard was actually better h2h, so I have to correct myself.

6. Thefabman

Thefabman Member

Back up harden maybe?

7. Albertx3Gx

Albertx3Gx Member

Barring an account hack, I hope this is true. AB was an awesome energy player for us before his mid season injury at the hands of Ginobili a couple years ago. His quickness may have diminished some, but he still has good court vision for a shoot first "PG". He was always able to make a decent entry pass, posessed excellent poise and patience at finding an open lane to exploit on his way to the basket and has the ability to knock down the cold blooded 3; and from a distance I might add. He just has to recognize when to defer to his teammates before getting trapped or working his way into a crowded lane, which became an issue after the injury.

He also plays solid defense. Yeah, I know... Flame suit on. But honestly, he's good at "fighting" through screens (more l

As far as Cannan/Lin are concerned (I would like to first say I'm not a full fledged LoF, but I AM a huge supporter of Jeremy Lin. I want everyone on our roster to develop and succeed and grow emotionally/mentally so that we can relive All of our pla I think there's too much speculation going on. We know that all rookies must undergo a stint in Rio Grande, regardless of how NBA ready he may be. This is just what Daryl Morey and his staff are adment about, which shows hrough their past track record.

But I won't be so naive to think that Cannan doesn't serve as an insurance policy for a potential trade.

8. megadon

megadon Member

Well, it's kind of difficult to compare the two players. They played different minutes and different positions. Lin actually played SG and Lillard was the PG during h2h matchups.

9. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

No, he is way to small to be used as a exclusive SG.Combo guard maybe pinch hitting for a possession or two at the two spot but noway a fulltime backup SG

10. megadon

megadon Member

Be careful, Being a Lin fan, people will crucify you as a lin only fan. the amount of hate on Lin is suspicious bordering slanderous.

I'm all for equal rights in the NBA. LIn is being treated as a leper due to his bible thumping ways.

11. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

Lin/Beverly/Brooks/Canaan
    Harden/Williams
    Parsons/Garcia/Casspi
    Jones/D-Mo/Covington
    Howard/Asik/Smith

Waive Young (partially guaranteed for half a season iirc)

I don't think this means a trade is coming. It gives the Rockets flexibility going forward in case the they trade one of the PGs or someone gets injured. Brooks was the best player available for the vet min and the Rockets had 1 spot open (Young's). Morey always takes the best player available.

It is the same reason we signed Brooks last year which worked out well. If one of the PGs get injured then the Rockets have a backup. Canaan is still an unproven rookie and can't be relied upon.

12. NICK3QB

NICK3QB Member

Say what?!?

13. PainNoLove

PainNoLove Member

It's not just think matchup, but overall.

Lillard is really, really bad on defense... but he is much better offensively than Lin.

Personally, I'd much rather have a PG who isn't bad on defense.

14. moose

moose Member

i dont get this signing

15. megadon

megadon Member

fair enough.

16. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

People said the same thing the last time we signed him. And it worked out well after Lin got injured. Morey is just taking out an insurance policy. Canaan is a 22 year old, second round rookie. He is not good coverage.

Every other roster spot is almost interchangeable with another position (SG/SF and PF/C). The only position that isn't is PG.

17. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

What a silly post.

the irrational Lin hate is proportional to the irrational Lin love. The 2 things are related.

When we got Lin, we (unfortunately) got his goons coming and here and saying stupid things and making ridiculous claims. His goons follow him for many reasons, and most of those reasons are unrelated to Jesus.

I (for one) would be thrilled if Lin was traded, and not because he follows Jesus, but mainly because it would increase the basketball IQ of these boards a long way - his ill informed fans would (hopefully) follow him out the door.
    I don't judge Lin based on his fans - it's not his fault they have their many and varied reasons for following him, and that so many of them know almost nothing about basketball. Apart from them, it's great having him on the team. But it's not great for Clutchfans.

But just because we signed Brooks (if we did), it does NOT mean that Lin is gone.

1 person likes this.
  18. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

I concur.

To put faith in Canaan is crazy.

Is Canaan's deal even guaranteed? Will he even make the team post training camp? These are the questions he needs to answer still, let alone can he be a backup NBA PG.

We know what Brooks has - he's a legit 3rd NBA PG on any roster. Be great if he was on ours IMO.

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He once was a starter right until Ginobili hit him. :(

20. Swishh

Swishh Member

[​IMG]