1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Aaron Brooks says he's back with the Rockets!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by redhotrox, Jul 18, 2013.

1. luckytxn

luckytxn Member

I agree unless they can get something from a 3rd team that Portland wants instead. Portland has said they want an All Star in return for LMA. They will take a package for him but it better be real good. Asik and Lin or not near All Stars.

2. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Mark Berman confirmed it.

1 person likes this.
  3. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Do we need to go through the Howard story for you?

And I asked you what Star Orlando got for Howard?

4. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

Berman just confirmed it. He's not a big deal signing so expect links on it tomorrow.

5. luckytxn

luckytxn Member

OK

Brooks has even twitted it saying he signed for one year.

6. TheresTheDagger

LOL. Oh so now you know what Lamarcus was referring to with this tweet.

My goodness. I didn't know you were in so tight with the man.

7. DreaMac

DreaMac Member

Exactly. Parsons is a big reason why we have Dwight. They are both friends from DHs Orlando days and he liked the idea of playing with him and Harden. He is untouchable right now, to the point where Morey will pass on a trade for LMA in my opinion. I think Morey will wait this out as long as he can, probably till the trade deadline. That will give him more leverage, specially if Portland isn't going anywhere and Alridge demands a trade.

8. rocketjunkie

rocketjunkie Member

You're forgetting the rumor was his representatives meeting with the blazers (I think). Even if he were in Dallas he doesn't need to make a trade request. His reps can do it for him. It's plausible deniability. Doesn't mean he made a trade suggestion; but some of these rumors are coming from Portland bloggers. Also doesn't mean WE'LL end up with him.

9. sleepyazn

sleepyazn Member

One, the ones reporting on so called Dwight's turmoil and constant changes was all media made BULL****. Also this came from Aldrigde himself, give the man a little benefit of the doubt since you want him to come here so badly.

10. ERC

ERC Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Guard Aaron Brooks says he is returning to the Rockets after signing a 1-year contract with Houston.</p>&mdash; Mark Berman (@MarkBermanFox26) <a href="https://twitter.com/MarkBermanFox26/statuses/358073834542342145">July 19, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Aaron Brooks on signing 1-year deal w/ Rockets:&quot;I just like it there.I had other offers, minimum. I felt more comfortable taking this one&quot;</p>&mdash; Mark Berman (@MarkBermanFox26) <a href="https://twitter.com/MarkBermanFox26/statuses/358079022195941376">July 19, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

11. luckytxn

luckytxn Member

OK

Howard was gone in one year. Portland has LMA for the next two. They can wait till next year to get where a Howard deal would be comparable. You want an All Star now you have to pay big.

12. Gil

Gil Member

Can people stop saying Parsons is the BIG reason Dwight came here? That's clearly BS.

Dwight's only here because of James and Morey. You think he'd be here if we still had Kevin Martin?

13. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Yep, most explosive. He's the one pg on the rockets roster who can consistently get his feet in the paint. That creates offensive rebs galore even on misses.

14. Gil

Gil Member

LMA still has two years on his deal. They're in no hurry to trade.

15. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

16. ROCKCITY

ROCKCITY Member

This. Why would they pull the trigger now when they could possibly get something better by the trade deadline or next off-season. I'm sure the whole league has learned from what Daryl did to the Thunder with Harden. There's no rush at all.

17. Solaris

Solaris Member

Yes, because our current guards (Harden/Lin) has so much problems getting into the paint.

18. HTown5933

HTown5933 Member

I could see Lin to Milwaukee and Ilyasova and Asik to Portland with LmA to Houston. (with possible fillers and draft picks where necessary)

I understand about all the point guard depth and past history with bringing PG's to camp, as well as being able to have 20 at camp.

But, if I'm not mistaken, 15 of the 16 we "have" right now have some type of guarantees in their contract.

Feels a bit different than just having plenty of bodies (and PG's) at camp.

19. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

His trade value is at it's highest right now.

20. PainNoLove

PainNoLove Member

We have to do no such thing. Aldridge is a FA in 2 years, Lin/Asik come off the books same year (along with Parsons, Bev, etc. but they have much smaller cap holds). Since evidently we are a viable place for 'Star' FA to go, I'm cool with waiting...