1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Aaron Brooks says he's back with the Rockets!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by redhotrox, Jul 18, 2013.

1. pnr

pnr Member

They would get him to trade him. Parsons could net a player they need.

2. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Detroit just filed for bankruptcy.

They cant afford Lin's contract.

3. rocketjunkie

rocketjunkie Member

Correct. You don't need Lin for salary matching purposes bc of the 150% rule. So it could be Beverly being moved. Although at this point who knows anymore. I don't think it will include parsons though. Morey will hold onto him.

4. lucnguye92

lucnguye92 Member

Hey, who do you think would facilitate the trade as the 3rd team? Who exactly could benefit from our plentiful roster of youth? Besides the obvious Lin+Asik pairing, who else would you be willing to ship out to get LMA?

5. sleepyazn

sleepyazn Member

They have Robin Lopez.

6. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Funny but even the Pistons aren't from Detroit anymore lol.

7. REEKO_HTOWN

You just proved my point. They don't have a starting center.

8. luckytxn

luckytxn Member

You don't think Portland will take Parsons at less than a million dollars, a possible star player...really.

9. oelman44

oelman44 Member

hell yeah!!! AB FOR 3!!

10. ROCKCITY

ROCKCITY Member

I find all of this trading nonsense hilarious. Ever since Morey started trading players like a little asian kid trading pokemon cards, people always assume that someone is on the trading block. Now every time the Rockets get a new player, people can't even be happy because they think someone else has to be traded. Everyone is hesitant to fall in love with a certain player, unless it's Harden or Howard. Sucks but it's all Morey's fault that fans are like this haha.

11. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

You can do a straight up trade with Aldridge and Asik. The problem is Portland is going to want 1st round picks, especially for the 2014 draft. A third team would have to be involved, similar to the Raptors pick that we got last year. I think Asik himself could net us a good draft pick.

12. TheresTheDagger

And we all know how truthful teams are about trade rumors/free agency. :rolleyes:

13. Windchime

Windchime Member

umm we don't have T-rob anymore. But I think either one of Asik or Lin plus Jones + filler could work. LMA is making 13.5 next year and I think we can get back 1.5 times the salary we give out or smthing like that? I forget the actual formula -0-

14. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Haters gunna hate

15. sleepyazn

sleepyazn Member

Dude why would Blazers go after him in a trade if they're just going to try and get Asik anyway?

16. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

Sacramento is another place that could use him.

17. luckytxn

luckytxn Member

So let me see. Portland is willing to give up a great player. An All Star for Asik and Beverley. Wow. Welcome to bizarro world.

18. lucnguye92

lucnguye92 Member

Whoops. Well you know the saying, where there's smoke...

19. REEKO_HTOWN

Because NOLA gave him away. They traded nothing of value for Lopez. The Pelicans were going to waive him in a week.

20. ERC

ERC Member

RickyNewport just pointed out that Portland also drafted CJ McCollum, who is also a 6'3" guard. Not a knock on Lin in any way, but I just don't see Portland trading away their BEST player for a 3rd guard for $8M.