1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Aaron Brooks: NBA starter, or just another Moochie Norris?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Hottoddie, Jul 20, 2008.

1. Hottoddie

Hottoddie Contributing Member

I'm curious what the consensus is on this board. Do you feel that Brooks can become a starter in this league, or is he destined to remain a backup PG like Moochie? No offense meant towards Moochie, but he was never quite good enough to be a starter.

I love his quickness & enthusiasm, but when he got significant minutes last year, he seemed to be more of a shooter than distributor. Yes, this was his first year, but what's your opinion?

2. hollywoodo

hollywoodo Member

its still too early. he can be a mooch or if he develops further, can become a baron davis. he really needs to work on the turnovers.

3. Shaud

Shaud Member

What? His chances of becoming a Baron Davis type player are slim to none. If I wasn't a Rockets fan I would say none to none.

4. bejezuz

bejezuz Contributing Member

If Aaron Brooks can produce consistently the way Moochie did as a backup BEFORE he signed that huge contract, we'd be in a good place.

There was a time (a very short time) when Moochie Norris was regarded as one of the best backup PGs in the league. Then he got fat and lost his speed and shot. :(

5. rocketshopeful

he can be better than moochie, but i don't think he will ever be a starter in this league for an extended period of time,say more than .5 a season.

6. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

Career backup, who can provide some scoring off the bench. That's about it.

7. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

A backup PG who likes to penetrate first,then dish at times. At other times he looks to score either by trying to take the ball to the basket or by shooting.
    I never thought and still don't see him ever being a starting PG.
    I hope he will get better this year but I feel that he will be unable to run a team because he doesn't know how to make an entry pass.

8. Shay

Shay Member

Career backup imo , he needs to start shooting like he is capable of.
    Above 37% from3 , if hge can do that he can be a very valuable backup.

9. WNBA

WNBA Member

He should forget about passing or distributing. He should play his game, s small SG. If he can shoot a good percentage in NBA, he is a good backup .

10. Hottoddie

Hottoddie Contributing Member

The problem is, that role is already filled by Luther Head.

#34 Member

I think we will find out this season what he's made of and whether or not he's capable of being a small off guard.

Adelman would be wise to see what type of production we get with Barry and Brooks on the court at the same time

12. dreamrockets

dreamrockets Member

If he can become another Moochie, without the big contract, I will be happy. Moochie Norris was much better than he will ever become.

13. smoove shoez

smoove shoez Member

I was thinking maybe more like a Monta Ellis.

14. clos4life

clos4life Member

Career backup at best imo. He doesn't have what it takes to become a starting PG in this league.

15. Mac#5

Mac#5 Member

i think he can start if he becomes a good leader n learns to set up the offense... imo i think he can be a better starter than rafer

16. lastmanstanding

Backup @ best. He doesn't have true PG vision.

17. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

backup. he is way too small to be a SG. head is 6'3 and we know how undersized he is. unless brooks suddenly become allen iverson, he is a career backup at best.

i hope he can be a great backup next yr though.

18. Th3 Drunk Goat

There will never be another moochie, and that is mostly a good thing.

19. csux

csux Rookie

Career backup point guard. I mean i wish he's 6'2", but he is 5'10".

20. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

He has recogonized his need to be more of a true PG and he is working on it. I think he can be a starter in this league for some team.