1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Aaron Brooks = Moochie Norris Without the Afro

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Texas Stoke, Jan 29, 2009.

1. Texas Stoke

Texas Stoke Contributing Member

This guy is killing us when he's on the floor.

He can't run the offense.

He can't play defense.

He can't shoot the ball.

He can't creat shots for others.

He would be alright in an iso-oriented offense but those days are long gone.

Seriously, the honeymoon is over with this kid. It's time the Rockets look for a solid backup point guard that could compete for Rafers minutes when Rafers having an off night.

2. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

And we all thought he could replace the Great Rafer... ;)

3. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Hmm... we're running out of bandwagons. Do we have enough pitchforks left on the forum to chase TMac, Artest, and now Brooks?

4. clos4life

clos4life Member

Regardless of whether the OP is right or not about Brooks one thing is for sure. PG is a huge hole in our team right now, specially since Brooks seems to be hitting a wall of some sort.

5. keeyanballa08

keeyanballa08 Member

Wow, I hope you are not serious.
    Brooks is the least of our concerns.

6. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Wait, Moochie, the guy who could only dribble side to side but never forward, the guy who had no range, no hops, no midrange game, no inside game, no speed, is the same as Aaron, the guy with hops, speed, all around range, quick dribbles, and ability to penetrate??? Yeah sounds the same to me :rolleyes:

7. Shaud

Shaud Member

Nope PG is a big concerns and he is a pg.

8. Pringles

Pringles Member

Right now... he is a major concern.

Hopefully it's just a slump.

9. Coob5

Coob5 Member

I am getting sick and tired of every week having to read the new guy who is getting blamed for our problems. Everyone needs to chill, let us build chemistry and quit blaming individual players. For god sake he is a sophmore, manager your expectations. Don't expect him to be a Deron Williams!

10. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

The guy is averaging 16 mins a game the last 8 games. He can't be a major concern when he's barely playing and is a back up to the guard who plays 30 mins + a night.

11. keeyanballa08

keeyanballa08 Member

Well yeah I know that but comparing him to Moochie?
    Aaron's talent > Moochie's talent I believe.
    Everyone goes through their slumps. When they go through their slump you can't just blame everything on them. Just give him time and I am sure he will be fine.
    One thing however I notice is that when players who have no role on the team and get a chance in the rotation, they play very smart at first. They make the good passes, great shot selection, etc. When they start playing at consistent minutes and not just when they have an opportunity but every game, I feel like those players get too comfortable sometimes, and don't make the smart plays all the time. They begin to settle for shots, rather than continue doing what they did when they got their opportunity. I feel Aaron has kind of taken on this role in the way that he has started to settle more it feels like. However, if you watched Aaron in college, and even know before his slump, you know he is a great offensive player, and it wasn't only his period in which he shined to get minutes. He will be back, as well as Artest and T-Mac (especially). Just give this team time. We have just gotten 2 key players back after a stretch in which they haven't played with the team, and they need time to get their chemistry.

12. JuNx

JuNx Contributing Member

Wow :eek: thats some real hate for the guy, At least he can get better right!!! ;)

13. mozart123

mozart123 Rookie

well atleast he is such a bad passer he passed to to Wafer for a game winning three and made a right decision by going to the hole to seal the win against the Celtics, arguably the best win of the season.

14. ralphabetsoup

ralphabetsoup Member

Maybe he's having problems at home?...

Anyways, he doesn't make enough money to warrant scapegoating, at this point.

15. keeyanballa08

keeyanballa08 Member

I feel you man. Feels like no one appreciates anything or anyone here very much anymore. You just have to have belief in your team. These losses we have been getting recently, yeah it makes me mad because those should all be W's. I do not sit and complain however that players need to get traded or get lost. I feel this team is the team. I have said it every year to everyone, but I really see this team getting themselves together at the time it counts most. We basically still have the whole other half of the season to play together and get better. If players have to sit during that period, that's fine with me by all means. I won't talk crap about them and say they are useless. I rather have them in the playoffs then play them now, and lose them for the season. The record we have does not reflect the talent or even the record we have itself. It should be better. Everyone knows that. Just think about it in the long run with players like T-Mac and Artest having to sit. The new season starts in the playoffs and I would take 16 wins in the playoffs any day over a 82-0 season and even 15 wins in the playoffs.
    I believe in this team.

16. joesr

joesr Member

Pg's are hurting us, fact

To blame a sophomore, who didnt get much time as a rookie at that, who all of a sudden was put on the front line for a while is straight ignorant, fact.

To blame a 1 million dollar player who makes the 4th least amount out of 14 others is even more ignorant, fact.

To blame someone who showed us great potential and seems to be hitting what is commonly known as the sophomore wall is indeed ignorant, fact.

The OP is ignorant, cannot say. I can say this particular post is ignorant of the facts. Makes me wonder how much of those 5k post were also ignorant.

17. chow_yun_fat

chow_yun_fat Contributing Member

That's a fact jack!

18. Texas Stoke

Texas Stoke Contributing Member

I like this team. I'm not concerned about the Rockets at all. I just think Aaron Brooks is particulary terrible out there right now and he has been for some time now. The Rockets need to shore up the backup point guard spot because
    it looks like Morey and Adelman are sold on Rafer as the starter and i'm ok with that as long as we have a more capable backup who can eat into Rafers minutes when he has his off-nights shooting the basketball.

yall say the kid can dribble, he can go fast, he can jump high... well thats just great. If my name was Bullard then I would say lets have some cake and ice cream because that makes this Brooks kid the real deal but my name aint Bullard and I aint buying the hype. I want to see a point guard play good sound smart basketball especially, I mean especially, if he can shoot the ball. If you are point guard and you can't shoot the ball, you better be able to do the other things well. Aaron Brooks does not. He's a poor decision maker. He doesn't defend. The list goes on with this kid. He can iso dribble fast though, thats why I say he's Moochie without the fro.

19. redao

redao Member

same way as Head haters who put Utah playoff loss on a 5 minutes bench player.

20. OCballfan

OCballfan Rookie

are you kidding me, wasn't it just a week or two people were vouching for him to start over Alston and treated like him like the second coming of Jason Kidd or something. Dang how quickly fans turn on one of their own, especially a young guy who's expected to make mistakes in his growth.