1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Aaron Brooks' Injury (Updated with video)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ItsMyFault, Nov 6, 2010.

1. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

Brooks' sprain looked like Kobe Bryant's sprain where he locked up with Bynum that season before they got Pau, and he missed about a month or so.

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Serioulsy this board needs an "Ignore me" feature...where you just make another poster dissappear all together.....

And they can't see you either.....it would be much happier and this thread would be a great place to weed out the losers who are happy about a Rockets players injury.

DD

3. real_egal

real_egal Contributing Member

I am wondering whether you are a Yao Hater in disguise, just trying to drive people away.

Either way, this is a wrong thread for you. Yes, it is Internet. But simple decency isn't really high standard.

4. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

Same thing happened to Lowry last season. My guess: out two weeks. So, who do we have playing PG for the RGV?

5. MightyMog

MightyMog Member

Him being out, just throws another thing at the Rockets, in regards to Team Chemistry.

Lowry/Ish are not good enough to start (especially with Lowry Back injury).

These last 5 games, only proved with discipline/eliminating silly mistakes, we could of easily been 5-0. However this also means, our team is not disciplined enough to win anything in the playoffs.

As far as I am concerned, until Kobe retires (or his body breaksdown) and the Heat breakup.....many teams in this league are just simply waiting for their turn.

In 1 year the Rocket Roster will be different again.....

6. RocketMadness

RocketMadness Member

I'm tired of this, I don't give a **** anymore. Trade this whole team except Scola.

7. karthik.08

karthik.08 Member

good news:

franblinebury Fran Blinebury
    Rockets Brooks x-rays negative, Martin next in line at the machine. Both could miss T-Wolves Sun nite in Houston.
    11 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

dmorey Daryl Morey
    Great effort. Have lost close games to very good teams (24-4). We need to build/maintain leads in these upcoming games. We will fight back.

lets go. not even close to giving up yet. smh at all you fools who are.

8. Half Nelson

Half Nelson Member

Yep, you're absolutely right. Now we get to watch Lee and Ish (as good as he is) chuck it up every game like they did tonight. Defenders will clog the paint without Brooks being the shooting threat he is. This is absolutely great. I can't believe how unlucky this team is.

1 person likes this.
  9. payaso

payaso Member

yeah well... 'negative' x-ray is not the same as 'good prognosis'.

I've had that same high ankle sprain doing roughly the same thing and I was in the boot for 6 weeks. And I was younger than AB when it happened.

It's many years later now and the damn thing still acts up on me.

Rocks can hope for no more than 43 wins this year at best. Bottom half of the lottery, and further perpetuation of the mediocre. This ain't the year.

10. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

DD... there is an ignore me feature.... I use it all the time... click on username, view profile and on the left and you will see "ignore user"

Edit: it's on the right not the left.

11. chow_yun_fat

chow_yun_fat Contributing Member

Dirty fking play. The league needs to do something about that. They won't, but they should.

12. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Hayes, an "Ignore me" feature is one that you use that makes YOURSELF dissappear.

So, I could simply weed out all the morons celebrating Aaron Brooks injury and they would not see me, and I would not see them....and the GARM would be a much happier place.

DD

13. eveluvsrox

eveluvsrox Contributing Member

KG is that you?

And if thats the case, why did we lose smart guy?

14. spookyoldtree

spookyoldtree Member

For every single team in NBA, there is at least one guy on the floor who isn't a good shooter. Does it mean the team is the bad. Obviously not. Smith's superior playing making and intensity can absolutely more than make up his inferior shooting ability (at least relative to AB's contribution). This is true especially when Yao is back with KM and LS on the floor. We have enough fire power. What we need is smart play making and high intensity defense.

15. spookyoldtree

spookyoldtree Member

According to DD, you brain cells are not enough to understand the difference it makes (IS vs AB).

16. Superdave532

Superdave532 Member

My thoughts exactly. Beginning of the season, less than a second left, before halftime, running shot from half court. It almost looks like he's pretending not to notice Aaron slamming into his foot and rolling on the ground afterwards. Looked dirty to me.

17. pli777

pli777 Member

I hate gigglobillie with the utmost passion.

What a douche-bag act to try to take a try at the half for a player going for a mid court shot. What were you really wanting to achieve? FFS, fines should be handed our to people like these, not those who show any sort of human emotions in a game.

Soft NBA is soft.

18. Shaud

Shaud Member

Why in the world would you try to take a charge on a half court heave?

19. TriumVirate

TriumVirate Member

Ginobili looked Bruce Bowen-esque by trying to undercut AB ...

20. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

It's Ginobili. He'd take a charge on you once you walked outside your house.

1 person likes this.