1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Aaron Brooks' Injury (Updated with video)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ItsMyFault, Nov 6, 2010.

1. lalala902102001

It did look very bad but if it's only a sprain he will be back in a week or two.

Let's hope for the best.

2. Raven

Raven Member

And this is why Brooks wanted his extension. Every player worries about getting injured in a contract year.

3. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

good point, completely forgot about that...

4. rhino17

rhino17 Member

On a positive note, it looks like Ish has been watching AB. He has been using a lot of typical AB move to his advantage (drive and finish with separation, step-back jumper, wrap-around passes, etc)

5. OGKashMoney

OGKashMoney Member

I injured my ankle in September and my fall looked way worst than that. Nothing more than a severe ankle sprain. So I am hoping its the same for AB.

Unfortunately, I still haven't gotten the clearance to play after 9 weeks. :(

Sometimes its better to just break it is what I have heard.

6. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

those moves are not exculsive to AB. those are moves any NBA guard should have. Glad to see Ish has those moves.

7. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

When you are Manu Ginobili, no foul call is outside the realm of possibility. :p

8. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I said they were moves AB uses a lot and he does them better than most NBA PGs

9. abc2007

abc2007 Member

Brooks was drafted by the rockets, and he is growing in front of our eyes. Very sad!

10. Corpusfan

Corpusfan Member

I hope you're joking, and just ridiculously overreacting.

11. Corpusfan

Corpusfan Member

It takes two to trade, and if the right deal wasn't there, it wasn't there. It's easy to say he should've been traded now. Hindsight is 20/20.

12. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Without a doubt. He has his weaknesses,but he is a fine scorer with great speed. Get well soon!

13. MandM's

MandM's Member

What's with all the ankle injuries? BMiller, Chase, Brooks, Martin, Lowery? Or was that knee?

Sounds like bad shoes this year or something

14. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

lowry has back spasms

15. GreatOne1978

GreatOne1978 Member

how long do you guys think he'll be out and who's going to get majority of playing time at PG now if he's gone a few games...Ishmael or Lowry?!?

16. GreatOne1978

GreatOne1978 Member

I don't mean to say this will ill intent...maybe this is a blessing in disguise...the team will play together and everyone will step up with Brooks gone, Lowry (our defensive minded guy) will get more minutes and get better play at PG than Brooks did and also this will lower Brook's value and maybe he will re-sign for less with him missing games.

17. spookyoldtree

spookyoldtree Member

First, I'm sorry that AB was hurt. However, as others pointed out, it is blessing in disguise.
    Today's game shows that AB has been the cancer of this team. His incapability of making good decisions and lack of defense really hurt this team. He has a pea-sized brain but a Texas size ego.

18. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

THIS GUY WANTS AN EXTENSION WITH THESE ANKLES HAHAHAAHA!!!

19. Warning-Sign

Warning-Sign Member

It might be better to break it because if the bone breaks, it heals faster because it has plentiful blood vessels to heal it, a joint howerver does not so it takes longer to heal. I'm taking anatomy so I had to make use of it. :grin:

20. spookyoldtree

spookyoldtree Member

AB is a bench player (could be a good one if he accepts this role) and it should stay that way.