1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Aaron Brooks Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by houstonhoya, Feb 24, 2011.

1. houstonhoya

houstonhoya Contributing Member

let me preface this by saying i love the dragic trade, he's a very respectable backup PG and either the suns' 1st RDer or the magic's 1st RDer will do us a lot of good.

but aside from yao, aaron brooks has been my favorite rocket since hakeem. AB, you were a fireball of speed and agility, albeit recklessness at times, but you were always a delight to watch. sure the past few months haven't been very pretty, but that doesn't take away what you did last year, what you did in 09 against the lakers, and what you did in your rookie season to pique our collective interest. you always had that chip on your shoulder and we as a city loved watching you grow and develop.

say what you will about AB's performance and attitude this year, but brooks brought houston some much needed excitement for a good 3 years, and i am very thankful for that.

good luck in phoenix, have a great career big guy.

1 person likes this.
  2. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I was a Brooks fan until he walked out on the team. That said I wish him well and maybe the change of scenery along with play with Nash will do him good.

3. Someguy1229

Someguy1229 Member

I don't know what happened to you Aaron but it was a pleasure to see you grow up right before our eyes.

Seeing you torch the Lakers in the playoffs and winning the MIP Award was an honor to witness.

We will miss you AB.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/96fdWvSYOk4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

4. scolandry1

scolandry1 Member

5. mlwoo

mlwoo Contributing Member

Dad, I'll miss you. You fathered me and I still want to hold you in my lap like the cute little boy you are. Hopefully one day, pops, you will come back and curl up on the foot of my bed like my cute little puppy and I will pet your pretty head and love you forever.

Daddy, come back.

2 people like this.
  6. roswell raygun

So long, Aaron. Thanks for everything before this season.

7. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I appreciated you a little until you proved to be a midget egomaniac.

Bon voyage and enjoy being a backup for a the Best PG of our generation.

8. Matt Maloney

Matt Maloney Member

I already miss Aaron and his red bowtie

9. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

[​IMG]

This is probably the BEST memory I have of Aaron. Thank you for everything and hopefully you learn from your mistakes, sir. :eek: Don't walk out on anyone else again no matter how upset you are.

1 person likes this.
  10. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

^This

11. RX2012

RX2012 Member

walkin out on the team, what a loser.

hope this thread doesn't go past 3 pages.

12. T FOR 3!!!

T FOR 3!!! Member

We watched this guy grow from a 4th string, d-league, undersized pg with a suspect shot to becoming the leagues MIP averageing almost 20ppg and over 5 ast and lead the league in 3pts made with phenomenal shooting that made him only the sixth player in NBA history to make over 200 3-pointers and over 400 assists in a single season.
    This guy was a Rocket original.. get out of this thread...

2 people like this.
  13. Rockets_4_life

It started off nice, with Brooks being the underdog who rose to prominence. Becoing a big factor in the 2009 playoffs by lighting up the Lakers and helping us take them to 7. He than last year even took it to another level, to where he was considered a border line All-Star. But sadly it quickly got sour, when his ego started taking over and production level dropped two fold.

Oh, well... but of luck AB.

PS. I wonder how long it'll take PHX to realize that his a midget SG.

14. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

^^^
    This.

There are about 10 threads where people can go bash him, (or 200 threads if you browse a few extra pages). A few people want to appreciate him on his way out.

15. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

Definitely going to miss him, wish him the best.

16. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I don't blame you

I blame Manu.... :mad:

17. moonsh0t

moonsh0t Member

Good riddance. Undersized SG's with egos aren't the type of players I want on my team.

18. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

He got too much grief on this board during a season where he was injured, lost confidence, didn't get a vote of confidence from the team during the offseason and lost his starting job. And of course he made plenty of mistakes on his own.

Still, enjoyed his emergence and the way he could get the crowd excited. His playoff appearances were fun. Best of luck to him.

19. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

AB, thanks for the playoff run in 09 and the fantastic year last year. Best of luck in Arizona State country.

20. houstonhoya

houstonhoya Contributing Member

well said