1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

AA Rechargeable batteries via USB

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by tbplayer22, Oct 16, 2007.

Tags:
  1. tbplayer22

tbplayer22 Member

I don't know if this has been posted before, but evidently this has been out for a year. It's news to me. I read a review on them and this guy said he got 500 pictures from a digital camera on a full charge. That's good enough for me. With the convenience of being able to charge them anywhere that there is a USB port. Pretty inventive product.

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.8748 (to order)

http://www.trustedreviews.com/peripherals/review/2006/10/30/Moixa-USBCell-AA-Batteries/p1
    (review)

2. bladeage

bladeage Contributing Member

nice.

3. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

i bought one from Fry's a year ago, their "ok". IMO, I love my Ultralast 90 min battery charger which you can get at Micro Center for around $15. Have no complaints about it, the USB charger is an over night charger.

http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml?product_id=0213232

Its $22 now, but usually on sale other times.

EDIT: whoops, just now click on your link, damn thats nice, wonder how long it takes to charge it.

#3 Dave2000, Oct 16, 2007
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2007
  4. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

That is freaking cool. I can't wait to see when they come out with more types. The review indicated that cell phone batteries, AAA, and 9-volt batteries are next. As the parent of a 2 year old, I go through batteries like there is no tomorrow. I might have to get some of these.

5. JD2010

JD2010 Member

that's pretty neat

6. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

I use those and have been for over a year...I don't know about the 500 pics, but they workl...

For my trip though, I bought Sony premium or something as I wanted to take a crap load of pictures and my rechargeables don't do that...When I bought them at Fry's, they seemed cheaper (Ultralast)...

#6 rrj_gamz, Oct 16, 2007
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2007
  7. bladeage

bladeage Contributing Member

Those aren't the same brand though.