1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

A year of distortion, hatred and general nonsense

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by B-Bob, Jan 23, 2010.

Tags:
  1. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

According to the search function, basso started 230 threads in D&D during the last 365 days. That's only about 0.6 threads per day if you include weekends and national holidays. Closer to 1.0 if you exclude holidays and weekends.

37 had the word Obama in the title
    17 of these threads had the word change in the title

ONLY
    4 of these had the word "hope," (though once is was misspelled as "hop" (sic))
    2 of these threads had the word "B-Fro" in the title,
    and
    1 had Hussein in the title.

Kudos for those last stats -- very impressive restraint!

So what do you all think the over/under should be for Jan 20, 2010 to Jan 20, 2011? I'd have to put it right around 230 again. Here's hoping he gets to 365 this year, perhaps with a flurry related to the midterm elections, or if the job market improves, there will be a flurry of new seething threads as the frustration mounts.

4 people like this.
  2. basso

basso Member
    Supporting Member

i thought you had me on ignore?
    he likes me, he really likes me!

1 person likes this.
  3. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Member

I see only one poster had the courage to start a thread on the Mr. Gay China pageant.

2 people like this.
  4. thumbs

thumbs Member

Regardless of past complaints against basso, the article his thread showcases is quite interesting, particularly since it has Canadian perspective. Most of the complaints here, I'm sure, stem from the fact that it's one of the few where the author doesn't slobber all over Obama.

1 person likes this.
  5. basso

basso Member
    Supporting Member

a better indication of the relative merit of the past year's threads, might be to look at overall page views. i'm not sure how easy that would be with the search function, but you could then take an average PVs per basso thread (not responses), and compare that to the average per the rest of the D&D, multiplied by an assumed CPM (say $0.25?).

6. DonnyMost

DonnyMost Member
    Supporting Member

Those are impressive numbers.

Vote Basso for D&D Fail-Stars Team 2010!

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  7. mc mark

mc mark Member

must have touched a nerve

8. Grizzled

Grizzled Member

Conrad Black is not a Canadian. He renounced his Canadian citizen ship, and he's currently serving a 6 1/2 year sentence in a Florida prison for fraud. He’s definitely Basso's kind of guy, however. He’s highly educated, but he’s essentially an amoral, lying, crook who stole from Americans in order to line his own pockets.

9. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Member

A year of distortion, hatred and general nonsense
    ______

The year was 1991 and Nirvana released their seminal album Nevermind.

10. Landlord Landry

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Landlord Landry

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  12. B-Bob

No, I have to admit I didn't see the article b/c I refuse to enter his threads. We know everything Obama does is absolutely the worst thing ever to basso -- we know Cheney is his idol. We know he cannot use simple steps of logic. There's just nothing there to learn.

I consider 230 threads, regardless of content, to be pollution, given that at least 75% of those could have appeared in existing threads (just based on their titles alone).

If it's an interesting article, it's a shame I missed it, but he was batting less than 1% when I was still visiting the threads. Cheers, thumbs.

13. Lynus302

Lynus302 Member

You refuse to enter his threads and yet you're so worked up over him? That doesn't make much sense to me.

Like him or not, he's a known contributing member who has been here for a long time. His threads generate a LOT of views, responses, and discussion. I fail to see how this constitutes "pollution."

Frankly, I'd expect better from someone of your rep and stature here, B-Bob.

1 person likes this.
  14. B-Bob

Sorry -- I am having fun, admittedly at someone's expense, and I guess it comes off as more serious than I am. I just read that thread title of his, presumed it was about the great Satan, Obama, again, and thought it would be interesting to look at the poster's own year in review. I don't think anyone on the BBS starts as many threads, period, in any forum. And I don't think it's inconsistent to have read years of his threads, decided to quit entering said threads (hoping to do a small part to encourage more responsible etiquette), and then looking at the statistical phenom of thread creation from a distance. It is true that I cannot categorically say they all fit my thread title, but then part of the fun is the imitation of the ridiculous thread titles.

If I really do like this place, and I think he's a serial pollution-machine with no equal, maybe it's worth saying something. But you're most probably correct, and it was not worth saying anything. And I'm confident it will have no effect beyond amusing a few people, and clearly disappointing others.

15. giddyup

giddyup Member

Nothing you've reported substantiates your headline. Biased reporting? :grin:

16. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

And that was in a year? I've started 38 threads since July of 2002. I don't feel like I've been unable to make whatever point I thought about making, on any subject of interest to me. basso is deliberately choosing to bombard D&D with primarily crap, certainly in my opinion. I don't look into his threads any longer myself. It's a waste of time. It's also a waste of bandwidth.

1 person likes this.
  17. Rashmon

Rashmon Member

What a surprise! giddyup is defending basso.

At least he is consistent.

18. giddyup

giddyup Member

I attacked the Truth!!

19. Faos

Faos Member

Speaking of general nonsense:

<embed src="http://c.brightcove.com/services/viewer/federated_f8/271557392" bgcolor="#FFFFFF" flashVars="videoId=62407018001&playerId=271557392&viewerSecureGatewayURL=https://console.brightcove.com/services/amfgateway&servicesURL=http://services.brightcove.com/services&cdnURL=http://admin.brightcove.com&domain=embed&autoStart=false&" base="http://admin.brightcove.com" name="flashObj" width="486" height="412" seamlesstabbing="false" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" swLiveConnect="true" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash"></embed>

20. basso

basso Member
    Supporting Member

more year in review:

<object width="640" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3aOILuS1i_M&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3aOILuS1i_M&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="505"></embed></object>