1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

A trade suggestion

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by FranchiseBoi86, Dec 31, 2001.

1. FranchiseBoi86

Houston trades: Jason Collier $1,280,040 to Chicago
    Houston trades: Kenny Thomas $946,920 to Chicago
    TOTAL: $2,226,960

Chicago trades: Ron Artest $1,241,760 to Houston
    Chicago trades: Dalibor Bagaric $854,640 to Houston
    TOTAL: $2,096,400

TRADE ACCEPTED

Due to Houston and Chicago being over the cap, the 15% trade rule is invoked. Houston and Chicago had to be no more than 115% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

Chicago gets a good PF, so they can get rid of Oakley. They get rid of Artest so they can use the SF position better. We give Collier for Bagaric to even out contracts. You all probably don't like it, but tell me what yall think.

2. krosfyah

krosfyah Contributing Member

I don't want to see the Rocks trade KT until they sign him to a new contract. With KT's numbers, he's earning < 1mil/yr. Crazy, he's worth a lot more with his recent play.

If you sign him to a bigger contract, then you stand to get something better in return without giving up too many other players.

It's exactly this reason why I don't think the Rocks will trade KT unless they get a perfect scenario in return (like a servicable but young center such as a Marc Jackson type)

3. enbehay

enbehay Member

Last summer I kept proposing Bagarac because he looked like he had real promise. However, after watching him this year, his game seems to have been left on the bench. He looks lost and mechanical. I don't know whether he just needs good coaching or a ticket back to Europe.

4. kidrock8

kidrock8 Member

I personally like the trade, but Artest is not a Rudy-type player.

As in he can play defense and can't shoot.

Rudy loves SF's who can shoot and not play defense to save their life.

5. mfclark

mfclark Member

Why? Chicago already has three PFs in Oakley, Fizer, and Chandler, all three of whom are better or deserve more PT than KT.

The Rockets are already overloaded with SFs, including Rice, Torres, TMo, Langhi, heck - even Griffin. The trade really doesn't help either team from a position of need. In fact, it probably hurts both in their positions of need.

6. Dm324

Dm324 Member

why would we want Bagoric, id rather have Collier