1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

A Trade Idea

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Big Dogzz, Apr 23, 2000.

1. davo

davo Contributing Member

Interesting stats indeed, Dr!!!

As for the original intent of this post, trading for Glen Rice - he is a free agent after this season and as such the only trade he could do would be a "sign & trade". I don't think that is very likely, especially in the current environment of "cleared cap room".

------------------
    http://rocketdavo.tripod.com

2. Launch Pad

Launch Pad Contributing Member

Just a reminder of who started this discussion that you no longer want to particpate in. [​IMG]
    "They'll win the championship, but it's because of one player: SHAQ!"

Shaq, eh? What do you think this is? A Lakers board? [​IMG]

------------------

3. Carlos Rogers

Carlos Rogers Member

I hate Kobe Bryant that much.....ok not as much as quitten. But I look at the box scores of both players on all their games so I can pick **** at em and Kobe had alot of 6/22 FG nights. But that's better then the spat out Pip who usually had around 2/6.......and he wanted to be more involved!!!!!

------------------
    Walt the Wizard Williams. "The aging Terrapin from Maryland"

4. Scarface

Scarface Supremely FocASSed
    Supporting Member

*********WARNING MAY BE OFFENSIVE TO SOMEPEOPLE********

Did I actually see someone write Walt a poor mans Rice? Walt can shoot the comparisons stop there. Rice in Miami and Charlotte was the team. In Charlotte he did ALL the jump balls. He is a complete player although aging a bit but still a great player. His problem is he's on a team with Shaq and Kobe. As far as comparing him with Walt... Just don't do it. Walt is doing this on a really bad team and Rice on a very GOOD team. If you want to compare stats lets look at Rice with the Hornets or Heat. Rice is a better ballhandler, passer, rebounder, shooter, post player, defender and just a better ballplayer. No knock on Walt, its just Rice is better. As far as Kobe he is one of the top 5 players in this league, and the scary part is he will only get better. As far as the rest of the league's chances against the Lakers, we just better hope Shaq retires at the age of 30 like he said becuase I think the NBA has found its new team of the decade. Now I am going to stop because I'm getting a little sick talking positive and about the Lakers at the same time....

------------------
    "We need to fockass".....Dream back in the day

5. Da Man

Da Man Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I pretty agree with every you said Scarface, except that Rice isn't a better ball handler than Williams and he isn't a better passer. Everything else is true.

------------------