1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

A trade idea

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by crazyguypete, Feb 9, 2006.

1. crazyguypete

crazyguypete Member

I was listening to 610 yesterday before the game and they mentioned that Golden State is looking to trade some of there players. They aren't going anywhere fast and they have too many giant contracts. I was thinking maybe Houston can work out a trade with them. I propose we trade David Wesley, Stromile Swift, and Derek Anderson for Troy Murphy and Derek Fisher. Based on there salaries it looks like it could work.

This trade is a good idea because:

1.) We get a good (not great) PF in Troy Murphy who can put up points and averages almost ten boards a game ie we get more rebounding and our third scoring option
    2.) I believe one of the things that helped our team be so good last year is that Scott Padgett gave our team great spacing, Murphy is a good 3 point shooter and would provide us this.
    3.) One of the many things this team lacks is championship experience, D Fish brings that to our roster.
    4.) We get rid of our glut at the shooting guard, small forward position with our twenty guys that do the exact same thing, shoot threes and have taller guards shoot over them.
    5.) We get rid of Stro

This trade is a bad idea because:

1.) We take on HUGE contracts, in Derek Fishers case a real bad one at that thus signing away the flexibility to pull off trades in the future.

I think G.S. could potential agree to this because:

1.) As mentioned earlier they want to dump some of there huge contracts
    2.) Swift fits there up tempo style.
    3.) They get another guard in Derek Anderson that can put up points when there often injured guard Davis is out. (Yeah i know, the idea of replacing a guy who often gets injured with a guy who often gets injured is not really a good idea)

I believe this Rockets team lacks a couple of things. They lack that X Factor that Bob Sura brought last year, that fire that carried this team with there second half run. Derek Fisher is an older guy, I know, but the guy brings the same fire, this team needs that. Also this team is full of (and i dont mean this in a bad way) losers. How far has anyone on our current roster gotten in the post season? Not very far. Fisher has. Essentially this trades D Wes (who is very underrated) for Fisher is a swap of almost equal talent but I think this team needs that winning attitude that Fisher brings (even at the expense of that absurd contract). Swift isn't a good fit in Houston and I think Murphy's talents are what our roster definitely needs. You have to take the good with the bad and absorbing huge contracts may be worth it, look at Pho. with Nash.

Starting Line up
    Yao
    Murphy
    T mac
    Bogans
    Alston

Bench
    Mutombo
    Howard/Hayes
    Bowen
    Head/ J.B.
    Fisher

2. Hakeem06

Hakeem06 Member

if fisher and murphy got paid A LOT less, sure, but i'll pass. you can get better for less.

3. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

I'm all for getting Murphy. He's the right compliment to Yao. I can't see GS doing this deal. they can't be that eager to dump salary.

4. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Instead of those players, we get back some combination of Pietrus, and whoever else they want to throw at us as long as it is either Murphy or Foyle. If it is Pietrus and Murphy, we throw in our first rounder and Luther. If it is Foyle, then they throw in a first rounder.

5. crazyguypete

crazyguypete Member

If they are willing to give up Pietrus and Foyle or Murphy for what we offered that would help us in soo many different ways

6. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

Golden State is going nowhere but with Swift, Wesley and Derek Anderson they'll go in full reverse. Murphy, Pietrus and Fisher will fetch more than these guys, if I was SF I would be talking to the Bulls for Sweetney, Duhon and Nacioni for these guys.