1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

A trade I would love to make.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DrNuegebauer, Mar 24, 2008.

1. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Now hear me out. I would love to make this trade if it was possible. I don't know if Milwaukee would do it, but I think the way we have been playing of late, with out Ming, that this would be great trade for us in the long run. Ming is really good and can be great at times. However, the last couple of years have scared me in the fact that he keeps breaking bones. I feel his trade value has dropped the last few years, and I am scared to say this but I think we have seen the best of Yoa Ming.

My trade proposal:

Rockets get:
    Andrew Bogut
    Maurice Williams
    Dan Gadzuric
    First round draft pick

Bucks Get:
    Yoa Ming
    Refar Alston

Why the Bucks would do it:
    They really want to market to the Chinese market - which is why they drafted Iy Jianlin! Having big Yoa would be a real bonus for them! And on court he's really good too - center that has another 6 or 7 all star caliber years left ( barring injury). I think this makes Milwaukee a contender in the weak east next year if Redd and Yoa are healthy. They would also get rid of long contracts in Gadzuric and Williams.

Why we do it:

I think this would be great for us! We have shown the last month that we play better in some situations without Yoa. Adding Williams and Bogut to our rotation would give us another guy that does the dirty work on both ends in Bogut and a real fast PG in Williams. They can rebound, shoot the three and finish at the rim.
    Milwaukee has a small chance at getting the 1st or 2nd or 3rd pick in the draft. If we could also add a Beasley or a Rose we would be a contender for a long time! Yoa for Bogut and Williams and Beasley is a STEAL. Yoa for Bogut and Williams and Rose would also be great!

Imagine a rotation of McGrady, Battier, Williams, Bogut, Scola, Landry, Jackson, Beasley!!!! We would be the deepest team in the league next year!

Do you think this would be a great move for us? I know some are going to bash me for this thread, and others will say that Milwaukee would not do this, but I think it would be a good move for both teams and we would be so fun to watch.

We would get a defensive center and our hustle and offense would be wonderful!

Yoa

2. drpepper

drpepper Member

Another Bucks fan :mad:

get out!

3. clos4life

clos4life Member

As much as Bogut has improved this year...nope, i'm not getting rid of Yao.

This current Rockets team + Healthy Yao = Championship

4. ibm

ibm Member

why the hell starters of dumb threads all have a handle that has "dr" in it? :eek: a doctor's degree from stupidity university.

5. ibm

ibm Member

and all spell yao's name as yoa! :mad:

6. Tonaaayyyy

Tonaaayyyy Member

Yi Jianlian + this year's 1st round pick for steve novak...no smiley faces or green font, cuz I'm serious.

7. drpepper

drpepper Member

DrNuegebauer,

Next time you want to post a trade proposal, don't copy and paste it from another trade proposal that is STILL ON THE FREAKING 1ST PAGE!!

From DR. Basketball:
    Now hear me out. I would love to make this trade if it was possible. I don't know if Miami would do it, but I think the way we have been playing of late, with out Ming, that this would be great trade for us in the long run. Ming is really good and can be great at times. However, the last couple of years have scared me in the fact that he keeps breaking bones. I feel his trade value has dropped the last few years, and I am scared to say this but I think we have seen the best of Yoa Ming.

My trade proposal:

Rockets get:

Shawn Marion
    2008 1st round draft pick

Miami get:

Yoa Ming

Why Miami would do it:

The are going to lose Marion anyway. They have a new combo of Wade and Ming, and can start over in the weak East with two borderline super stars. They lose thier draft pick and Marion, but the gain a center that has another 6 or 7 all star caliber years left ( barring injury). I think this makes Miami a contender in the weak east next year if Wade and Ming are healthy.

Why we do it:

I think this would be great for us! We have shown the last month that we play better in some situations without Yoa. Adding Marion to our rotation would give us another guy that does the dirty work on both ends. He can rebound, shoot the three and finish at the rim. He can also gaurd the 2 through the 5. He is a player that is not a super star but thrives when he has other stars that can create thier own shot ( ala McGrady). Miami has a good chance at getting the 1st or 2nd pick in the draft. If we could also add a Beasley or a Rose we would be a contender for a long time! Yoa Ming for Marion and Beasley is a STEAL. Yoa Ming for Marion and Rose would also be great!

Imagine a rotation of McGrady, Battier, Rafer, Marion, Scola, Landry, Jackson, Beasley!!!! We would be the deepest team in the league next year!

Do you think this would be a great move for us? I know some are going to bash me for this thread, and others will say that Miami would not do this, but I think it would be a good move for both teams and we would be so fun to watch.

We would need to get a defensive center somehow, but our hustle and offense would be wonderful!

DUDE, get a brain........and a life :eek:

8. Rockets4279

Rockets4279 Member

What are you kidding? Murice Williams is another "shoot first" point guard Mike James type and there no one in that trade propsal that holds value to Yao Ming..

9. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

10. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Yoa Ming
    Refar Alston :rolleyes:

11. azoghbi

azoghbi Member

oh my god its a freaking joke relax.

either way, its not that funny but i guess its nice to see a new thread pop up...? nothing has been going on here for a while.

12. playlife

playlife Member

Is it the offseason already?

13. Storm Surge

Storm Surge Rookie

Add Yi in the deal to remove the financial loss les will endure.

14. daoshi

daoshi Contributing Member

Who is Yoa?

Oh, since we are on it, why don't we just trade the entire team with the Bucks? They did great in the first part of the season, and we did fine on the 2nd part, so let's switch up.

15. mic

mic Contributing Member

This is a joke, right?

--Yoa

16. olliez

olliez Contributing Member

JEFF, can we have zero star rating back, please

;)

17. soulsong999

soulsong999 Member

Some posters here really need a bit of training in "Sarcasm 101".

They might also benefit from reading the books, "Easy-Taking for Dummies" and "The Idiot's Guide to When to tell it is just a joke".

;)

18. RocketTilIDie

RocketTilIDie Member

19. startover

startover Member

And can we have an idiot/moron/jerk indicator in each thread?

20. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

OH REALLY???

I copied and pasted from someone elses crappy trade proposal??

Wow.. I didn't even notice...

If you still can't understand the thread, try reading soulsong999's post...

If nobody else appreciates the humour, at least I amused myself making it.
    OH - and my mirth was greatly enhanced reading the angry posts that followed!!