1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

A trade I would love to make

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Dr. Basketball, Mar 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dr. Basketball

Now hear me out. I would love to make this trade if it was possible. I don't know if Miami would do it, but I think the way we have been playing of late, with out Ming, that this would be great trade for us in the long run. Ming is really good and can be great at times. However, the last couple of years have scared me in the fact that he keeps breaking bones. I feel his trade value has dropped the last few years, and I am scared to say this but I think we have seen the best of Yoa Ming.

My trade proposal:

Rockets get:

Shawn Marion
    2008 1st round draft pick

Miami get:

Yoa Ming

Why Miami would do it:

The are going to lose Marion anyway. They have a new combo of Wade and Ming, and can start over in the weak East with two borderline super stars. They lose thier draft pick and Marion, but the gain a center that has another 6 or 7 all star caliber years left ( barring injury). I think this makes Miami a contender in the weak east next year if Wade and Ming are healthy.

Why we do it:

I think this would be great for us! We have shown the last month that we play better in some situations without Yoa. Adding Marion to our rotation would give us another guy that does the dirty work on both ends. He can rebound, shoot the three and finish at the rim. He can also gaurd the 2 through the 5. He is a player that is not a super star but thrives when he has other stars that can create thier own shot ( ala McGrady). Miami has a good chance at getting the 1st or 2nd pick in the draft. If we could also add a Beasley or a Rose we would be a contender for a long time! Yoa Ming for Marion and Beasley is a STEAL. Yoa Ming for Marion and Rose would also be great!

Imagine a rotation of McGrady, Battier, Rafer, Marion, Scola, Landry, Jackson, Beasley!!!! We would be the deepest team in the league next year!

Do you think this would be a great move for us? I know some are going to bash me for this thread, and others will say that Miami would not do this, but I think it would be a good move for both teams and we would be so fun to watch.

We would need to get a defensive center somehow, but our hustle and offense would be wonderful!

2. soysauce

soysauce Member

Who's Yoa? He must be pretty good

3. demon77

demon77 Member

Yoa Ming? o_O

hmmm.............FAIL.

4. pli777

pli777 Member

We need more threads like these.

Oh wait, you can't even spell the name right. That tells us how much you know about him eh.

5. cwyates4

cwyates4 New Member

I would say do it, but I doubt Miami would. The first round pick has very high value to them.

6. TheGM

TheGM Contributing Member

As long as we can keep Yao; I;m fine with trading Yoa.

7. abc2007

abc2007 Member

Dr. Basketball, are you Pat Riley?

8. T-Mac1

T-Mac1 Contributing Member

Clutch ,

Can you please erase this thread from the face of earth ?

9. lastmanstanding

You are correct about the bashing. This is a dumb trade. Houston will never do it nor Miami. And if Marion is gonna opt out of Miami, why wouldn't he opt out of Houston? Out center position gets much worse. Miami might not even get the 1st pick. Truly a bad idea.

10. roflmcwaffles

roflmcwaffles Member

Definately would be an interesting trade. It will NEVER happen on simple fact Yao makes Les MILLIONS a year.

I think it would help us, it would turn us into a very dangerous team, but a lot like old suns.

The only reason why I think I would do it (which again I think this trade could never happen) would be if that 1st round pick was unprotected. Can you imagine getting Beasley/Rose + Marion on this already young team, DAMN.

11. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

miami is NOT going to do it.

you're going to get a potential franchise player in this draft. marion is probably going to resign. they will most likely get derrick rose/beasley. that's 3 potential all-stars on one team.

yao is like tmac. with his history of injuries, no one is going to dare to touch him unless he proves he can play health the entire year next yr.

let's be real, injuries play a huge part in making deals. no one wants tmac or yao right now.

12. Trip

Trip Member

What an awesome idea! I'm sure Shawn Marion will be more of a force in the post than Yao anyways!

:rolleyes:

13. aaronnguyen

aaronnguyen Member

Please do not talk any more trade right now and destroy the chemistry. Phoenix and Dallas made stupid mistake. Do we want to be an idiot like them?

14. abc2007

abc2007 Member

Does this mean Yao = Shaq + 1st round pick?

15. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

you don't need a true center right now. if you get miami's pick to draft beasley, imagine beasley AND landry AND scola. that's a 3-headed monster that no team wants to face.

then you add the emergence of brooks. with tmac's contract off in a few yrs, you can have the money to sign another possible very good player at the 2/3. that's a legit team man.

if you can trade tmac/yao to improve this team, you have to look at it. the OP made a very interesting suggestion (one that WILL IMPROVE this team). just b/c he's mentioning yao does not mean it's not something that should not be looked at.

16. abc2007

abc2007 Member

Tmac doesn't have enough good years to wait for Beasley to develop!

17. TreeRollins

TreeRollins Contributing Member

Beasley is going to be the T.O. of the NBA. Very high maintenance.

18. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

LMAO...

I had a dream that this exact trade happened the other day.

19. abc2007

abc2007 Member

Yao himself maybe welcome this trade. Think about it, Yao + Wade!

20. Dei

Dei Member

You are an idiot and nobody loves you - you should kill yourself.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.