1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

A simple poll - Did Roger Clemens take Steroids/HGH

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by DaDakota, Feb 13, 2008.

?

Did Roger Clemens have HGH and/or Steroids injected into him?

1. Yes

92.6%
  2. No

7.4%
  1. Major

Major Member

Ignored in the mess is how much Clemens has escalated this. He's the one that played the tape in public. He's the one that did the 60 minutes interview. He's the one that sued McNamee. He's the one that publicly mocked McNamee's allegations (like the wife thing, which turned out to be true). Wexman said that earlier this week, Congress was willing to simply go with depositions and provide a summary, but Clemens asked for the public hearing.

Clemens could have very easily simply said "I didn't do it" at the beginning and people would have made up their own minds and it would have gone away long ago (does anyone even talk about any of the other players in the report?). He's partially (though obviously not fully) responsible for the craziness that has come up since. All the new revelations and such were partially a result of his "upping the ante" over and over.

2. Buck Turgidson

Hardin has played this poorly, no question about it; his bulldog-good-ol-boy-texas-trial-lawyer schtick has been a disaster. Clemens's ego has brought most of this upon himself.

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

I think Clemens is driving this......if Hardin is the one asking for the hearing, he is an idiot.

DD

4. codell

codell Contributing Member

ya know, when i heard Hardin was going to represent Clemens, I thought to myself "there couldn't be a more disastrous pairing of a lawyer/client" in the history the judicial system

5. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Q: You know how dozens of Texans claimed to have seen a UFO being chased by fighter pilots? My buddies and I were wondering how many Texans would it actually take for the rest of the country to believe them: 250? 200 with four sources of video evidence? We realized this measuring stick should be used to determine the order of the presidential primaries. For example, I would believe 15 people from Maryland over 40 people from Kansas, therefore, Maryland should come before Kansas in the primary election cycle. It's pure genius!
    -- Roberto, Somerville, Mass.

SG: (Nodding.)
    ___

Given that we're dealing with Iraq, global warming, the subprime shakeout, the decline of the American dollar, the decline of the public-school system and every other troublesome reality in this country right now, it's hard to believe some of our most notable Congressmen didn't have a better way to spend this week than interrogating a disgraced Hall of Fame pitcher and the sad-sack Andy Dick lookalike who once trained him. I do not approve this usage of my tax dollars.

sports guy