1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

A short list of what you should post in the GARM.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jtr, Aug 5, 2013.

1. jtr

jtr Member

I hate to say it dude but permission to post is not a sign of sentience. Think about it.

2. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

And those are very irritating, for sure. Only a matter of time until the season comes along and rescues us with the world of knee-jerk threads and real Clutchfans-player-wars.

3. jtr

jtr Member

Yes. And can you understand my frustration? I just used a thread to vent. But is it worse than threads like "If Howard left would you still be a Howard fan"?

4. luckytxn

luckytxn Member

Lol

From your example you have shown thus far permission to post is a sign that whiny a** beotches can post threads at will. Think about that chump. :)

5. jtr

jtr Member

Would you please listen to your betters? You are b****ing and moaning while I am trying to have an intelligent conversation with people like napalm.

6. luckytxn

luckytxn Member

Lol

As your betters have said you posted in the wrong forum and you even said that your were just venting. Now you just want others to agree with your asinine thread and hopefully rep you. Guess what Einstein? Other members can reply. Imagine that.

7. jtr

jtr Member

Actually dude your previous posts show many signs of intelligence and understanding. We basically agree on most things other than this thread. Given that I post a thread every 3 or so weeks can't you cut me some slack? It was a b**** thread but was it unwarranted?

8. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

This whole thread is full of thread police. Members hating on the OP for posting a thread about threads. This thread is dumb on many levels even though the intentions were in the right place.

9. luckytxn

luckytxn Member

Lol

Yes it was unwarranted. We all know and can agree that the threads in question were idiotic. The original thread about Lin was too but you argued it wasn't. The threads following were in response to the Lin thread were just in reaction to show that it was.

As mentioned by another fine member in this thread it is the slow season right now. A kind of limbo time where the suffering is just starting. As the season gets closer the forum will start shaping up again and the excitement will reign supreme.

To come in here all high and mighty and lay down the law like you did was wrong. Maybe even more wrong and then to be self righteous about it was punkish. No need to be a bully and try to take over and then claim a moral authority to do so.

In the meantime lets just have fun with the stupid threads when they appear and not get so uptight. If the moderators feel it gets out of hand they will handle it.

10. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

Why exactly is someone thats been a member for 5 minutes tell me what to post!?

11. luckytxn

luckytxn Member

Anyway I am done venting on the venting. Take care.

12. jtr

jtr Member

I have been a bully in the past in issues around available capital. And I have to say that I have no fun with stupid threads. They get in my way and in some disparate way poison my experience. OK we are different. But my thread was not an edict. Only Clutch can issue edicts. It has the standing of every other thread out there. An opinion. I believe that it is much more a guide than anything else. For rookies that with 3 posts start a thread. And do you deny that you are irritated by that behavior?

13. JCDenton

JCDenton Member

• Agreed. Most here cannot live up to the gold standard I set for DETAILED ANALYSIS but it's good to know my work is appreciated. ALL NEW THREADS SHOULD REQUIRE GRAPHS.

1 person likes this.
  14. jtr

jtr Member

Would you be offended if I recommended that most new threads should include graphs? There are exceptions. Bima is the prime one. But otherwise I wholeheartedly agree.

15. JCDenton

JCDenton Member

I would not be at all offended...having more graphs to compare mine to would only cement my superiority and make my star here shine all the brighter. However, it should be mandated that any graphs posted are created in PROFESSIONAL GRAPHING SOFTWARE such as mspaint.

16. don grahamleone

Great opp to stop running your proverbial mouth.

I don't know, maybe what he is saying:

(another great chance to stop right here)

Actually, it is. It really really really super duper is. You probably need an adverb to make that something other than an obtuse statement. I tried to think of one, but I filled my daily bucket of insults already. I just couldn't come up with something cruel seeing my bucket situation is what it is.

Cutting out opposition doesn't make you right. Just defend yourself without the underhanded insults and it actually makes you more influential.

Make that 4.6 times per day since you started, but that's semantics, right? Posting 97 times in 3 weeks is the same as 1, right?q

Edict? Wannabe lawyer or just a prosecutor wishing to be a law maker?

In conclusion:

[​IMG]

Above filled my bucket.

Unwarranted advice: you obviously love the Rockets. Just start a thread about something that means something to you. Games you plan attending, what will Clutch the Bear videos be like this year, will Dwight push this team to another tier, how will our defense look this year.... Life has taught me that you should be the poster that you want to read.

17. don grahamleone

I've got a poll for you.

"What merchandise have you purchased since the Dwight signing?"

A> Hat
    B> Shirt
    C> Inflatable chair
    D> Rockets flavored cereal
    etc..

18. tinman

tinman Member
    Supporting Member

if Clutch City is in your heart, then you are a Clutch fan

19. acsorelle4

acsorelle4 Member

Pretty much.

20. acsorelle4

acsorelle4 Member

You wish. There will be at least 82 of those. =)