1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

A recap of the 2010 UT-Austin branch football season that's left them in shambles

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by bigtexxx, Feb 13, 2011.

1. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

http://www.uh.edu/about/tier-one/

I believe it is tier one.

Try again.

2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

UT better destroy Rice by 30 points.

3. Landlord Landry

Ohio actually does have some decent schools outside of CBus. I should know. I live here.

but I go to school in Michigan. trollface.jpg

4. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

bigtexxx falls in faint.

5. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

NY has 7. Cali has 9.

Texas... 2.

And if it were up to UT and A&M administration and the capitol gang, it would stay that way forever.

Texas' education model is "have vs have not" run amok.

1 person likes this.
  6. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Unfortunatley, he is still correct:

"To reach an overall "Tier One" ranking like the University of Texas, Rice University and Texas A&M, the University of Houston needs to receive a "Tier One" designation from two other academic institutions. Texas wants several schools to achieve this status."

7. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

I'm talking about public. NY has that many tier 1 public schools?

8. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

According to the UH tier one campaign website, yes.

9. xcrunner51

xcrunner51 Contributing Member

According to this NY only has 2 public Tier 1 schools, the rest are private. I do agree that the overall number of Tier 1 schools in Texas is lacking but we'll never be Cali. Cali has been in huge debt for years because of the amount of money they spent making all the UC schools Tier 1.

10. PointForward

PointForward Member

expecting a tier one school in the middle of the ******* ghetto is just absurd. I can see it right now: Harvard University-3rd ward branch.

People, especially UH ones, need to stop b!tching. There are 2 flagship nationally competitive tier 1 public Universities in Texas. If you want to attend one, you have the choice of a hippie laid back one in an awesome city and a conservative one in a country ass town called college station. You can't expect every public University to be a top tier one: it just doesn't work that way. Where will the kids who can't make it at Texas or A&M go? where will all those single mothers living in Houston go to school if getting into UH started being competitive? It's not like UH is crap or anything, it's a good school, lots of great people have graduated from there and make a damn good living. It's just that there's only so much funds you have as a state. and if it wasn't for the two land grant Universities, we would have a bunch of mediocre at best colleges, but yay they're all barely tier one on paper.

yes, I know. full thread derailment is in session. :grin: But it's not like we started with a gem for a thread, it's good ol' big texxx running his mouth like usual. It must suck paying 4 times the tuition of the other 2 schools and getting a comparable education, except with a bunch of chess playing choir boys.

11. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

bigtexx is lucky, he got to hang out with all of the hot girls at rice. all 10 of them

12. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Cornell is part public as well.

PS why is this being discussed in the "bigtexxx hits F5 on barkingcarnival/recruitocosm/other UT fan sites so that you don't have to" thread

13. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

[​IMG]

14. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

fify!