1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

A Note From an Angry Soldier

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by peleincubus, Apr 27, 2007.

Tags:
  1. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

this is exactly what I am saying by "this sytem sucks"

from birth the american human is being treated as a number...

this is IMO american live

1. Birth
    2. school system
    3. moving out from parents
    4. getting into the payments circulation
    5. nursing home
    6. death

ok its little short, IMO much more complex then this, but people here are not enjoying life, the system is ****ed up and pushes you to live by the government route

2. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

lol

another example

this is all you need to say to have others hate you

sorry but its your arrogance man, you need to work on that

good luck

3. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

I'll find my way....it bothers me to see so many people suffer because their government controls their lifes..

of course there isn't really one government thats not corrupt, but this government does it legally...and noone does give a ****

4. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

We don't know when she or her husband joined the military and we don't know exactly why. The remark was a generalized one that is a primary part of the military's own advertising campaign for recruitment-- money for education. I'm not sure why this troubles you so... except that I said it.

I didn't dismiss anyone's suffering. Can you point up where you think I did that?

The rest of your rant is just ridiculous. I'm "happpy" that people die? I spit on those who sacrifice? I have contempt for someone's suffering? Where is that indicated in anything I've written?

5. giddyup

It was just an offhand way to remind us that this is a volunteer army not a conscripted one.

6. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

You come here and say that you have seen nothing to give you a positive view of Americans and you call me arrogant? You might want to look up the definition of the word. You are the arrogant one, because you have placed yourself above all Americans. I'm sorry that this country is not a good fit for you. I am curious why you want to stay. Maybe you would be happier back in the motherland.

7. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

Absolutely none of what you mentioned is "the government route". It's definitely part of the American fabric, but it's mostly our culture of keeping up with the Jones'. If you don't want to, you don't have to. Live below your means, pay cash, and avoid debt. You'll be happier, and government won't mind at all.

8. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

key note

"keeping up with the jones"

thats all you need to know

9. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

please

read my comments correctly

obviously you didn't

I am not going to get into circles with you, I have my point you have yours, good luck

10. weslinder

Explain, please.

11. bnb

bnb Contributing Member

Amel...I don't think I could live in a country for which I had such disdain. Especially if I moved there from somewhere else.

I'm not preaching the love it of leave it line....and there's lots about North American culture I don't like....but your comments were pretty generalizing, sweeping and condescending. At least that's how I read them.

12. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Why does it mater if not to cheapen her motives for joining the military? You can pretend now all you want that it is somehow some offhanded remark where you were extolling the wonderful benefits of joining the military. From my perspective that claim is absurd and insults everybody's intelligence. In that context the only reason to bring it up is to attack their motives. Back-peddle all you want. Act wounded and innocent. You've certanly followed that pattern before.

You support the war but when a soldier has something to say you try and explain away their complaints. If you are willing to send them off to die, but not willing to listen to what they say, then yes, you are spitting on them. When this woman expresses her suffering and you belittle her motives, then yes, you have contempt for her suffering.

13. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

people here are driven by money...

14. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

sorry

but American people put their selfs above any other country

hey I don't mind patriotism, it's good for everyone...everyone should love their country, but most people here do not accept anything different then stars and stripes

15. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This is not a 'love it or leave it post', but there has to be some reason you live here, right? If there is absolutely nothing good about this country, why are you here?

In the past when I've lived somewhere that I don't like, I've done everything possible to move. What keeps you here if you hate it so much?

16. weslinder

Judging by the amount of consumer debt, that's not true. But not everyone is driven by accumulation of things either. And you certainly don't have to be. If you don't want the "cycle of payments" don't go chasing that. If you look, you'll find plenty of like-minded individuals. You'll still have to do something, but you'd have to do that in Europe, too. You certainly won't be the majority, but you can do that and be happy with it. Nothing here prevents you from that.

17. giddyup

I don't know the woman. How could I divine her motives? It was a way of reminding all of us that she serves in a volunteer army. Neither she nor her husband were conscripted against their will.

I'm not sure why you think you know my motives better than I do, Kreskin, but I'll give you two dollars for your secret.... Why not just take my words at face value. Simple.

I didn't explain away her complaints. I criticized her rant.. be it legitimate or not. Isn't that why it was posted? ... or was it just propoganda?

I'm still trying to figure out why someone readying to bury their dead husband with a new baby is posting on Craigslist. Riddle me that... Maybe someone just posted her letter (for her).

I would not discuss this with her in person in this way, but I am discussing it with those here. I thought that was what was expected. Or is the allowable discussion only what you sanction or something?

18. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Amel, not to get too personal. Perhaps I should know. What country were you born and or raised primarly in?

It is sort of hard to address you more specifically without knowing.