1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

A New Hope: Kamala Harris

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Mr.Scarface, Nov 11, 2016.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

John walls

2. King1

King1 Contributing Member

I honestly don't know anyone who thinks she's competent. This is the trash we're trotting out. Yikes

waytookrzy079 and tinman like this.
  3. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

4. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

5. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

It's a legit answer. Most of the progress through civil rights came through scrotus then later the civil rights act. With the environmental regs that power the EPA, even that's not safe with the Roberts Court, so it's a sneaky and cynical shift to induce Congress to pass laws while knowing many of the watershed laws are half century old, harder to codify, yet easy to strike down by scrote decree (McCain-Feingold <<< Citizens United).

As for Kamala reply, Roe didn't end everything with abortion, rather further court rulings whittled down restrictions to what we had today.

Not sure why Kamala is to blame for an issue when it was lib boomers like Biden or Hillary who were in the driver's seat. They likely thought it was settled too,

6. J.R.

J.R. Member

She had a speech writer? :D

“The governor and I, we were all doing a tour of the library here and talking about the significance of the passage of time, right? The significance of the passage of time, so when you think about it there is great significance to the passage of time in terms of what we need to do to lay these wires, what we need to do to create these jobs. There is such great significance to the passage of time when you think of a day in the life of our children.”

“For Jamaica, one of the issues that has been presented as an issue that is economic in the way its impact has been the pandemic. … We will assist Jamaica in COVID recovery by assisting in terms of the recovery efforts in Jamaica that have been essential.”

“It is time for us to do what we have been doing. And that time is every day. Every day it is time for us to agree that there are things and tools that are available to us to slow this thing down.”

“I am here, standing here on the northern flank, on the eastern flank, talking about what we have in terms of the eastern flank and our NATO allies, and what is at stake at this very moment, what is at stake this very moment are some of the guiding principles.”

“Ukraine is a country in Europe. It exists next to another country called Russia. Russia is a bigger country. Russia is a powerful country. Russia decided to invade a smaller country called Ukraine so, basically, that’s wrong.”

“Our world is more interconnected and interdependent. That is especially true when it comes to the climate crisis, which is why we will work together, and continue to work together, to address these issues, to tackle these challenges, and to work together as we continue to work operating from the new norms, rules, and agreements, that we will convene to work together on to galvanize global action. With that I thank you all. This is a matter of urgent priority for all of us and I know we will work on this together.”

“When we talk about the children of the community, they are the children of the community.”

“Great aspiration of our nation has been to expand freedom. But the expansion of freedom clearly is not inevitable, and it certainly is not something that just happens.”

“We’ve got to take this stuff seriously, as seriously as you are because you have been forced to take this seriously.”

“You need to get to go and need to be able to get where you need to go to do the work and get home.”

“I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled. Certain issues are just settled.”

King1 likes this.
  7. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

I cringe every time I hear her speak more so than Hillary Clinton and that should say something

King1 likes this.
  8. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

I hear ya man..................everytime I hear MTG or Bobert talk I want to rip my friggin ear drums out so I dont have to hear the lies, disinformation and homophobic bigotry

Andre0087 and FranchiseBlade like this.
  9. CrixusTheUndefeatedGaul

Supporting Member

Lame

10. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

Kamala does a better Kamala than the imitators

King1 likes this.
  11. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

12. Invisible Fan

Yeah, people are turning frosty on Ukraine because of the gas/energy issue.

They're not dumb enough to think this war can last through the winter and everyone will come out smelling like roses.

Well maybe the all electric folk since their farts smell like roses.

13. tinman

Supporting Member

14. basso

Supporting Member

more importantly, can she play worldle?

15. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

16. tinman

Supporting Member

Get well Joe Biden
    your sentences don’t make sense but at least you aren’t using the same word 3 times in the same sentence

basso likes this.
  17. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

basso likes this.
  18. Invisible Fan

Meh, she might not need cue cards for toddlers.

At this point, I'm fine with letting her rip and seeing if people like the remaining years.

SCROTUS aint going anywhere anytime soon. In(/stag)flation is reaching Carter status.

Might as well shock the middle electorate that's slowly getting eaten away by the rich and crushing debt.

First female and half desi president too...Whoopie.

19. basso

Supporting Member

Nikki is all Desi.

20. Invisible Fan

Whoopie