1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

a message to anti-war protesters...

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by dream_team, Mar 24, 2003.

Tags:
  1. dream_team

dream_team Member

Bush isn't the only guy that can put an end to this war... Saddam could easily step down as President of Iraq and end this war immediately!!!

How can a guy (Saddam) kill & torture his own people (including women & children), but protesters label Bush & Blair as the evil ones??? How the hell do people make Saddam look like the innocent victim in this war?

2. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I haven't heard one anti-war person say that Saddam is the victim here.

3. sinohero

sinohero Member

there is no use, DT. The anti-war people have lost and they are angry, no amount of reason can bring them to their senses. The world is mad.

4. dream_team

dream_team Member

i didn't say people are actually saying this... but they are implying it. if there are two people that can end this war (Bush & Saddam), why are ALL protesters telling Bush to stop? this is implying Saddam is this victim in this war.

5. IVFL

IVFL Member

Um Geez last time I checked, Bush is the president of the United states, not Sadamm. That may be why people are protesting, and directing thier comments to him. . . :rolleyes:

You guys are really starting to reach

6. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

I think you guys know damn well how the anti-war protesters think. But it's not fun to pick apart all the reasons they protest, ie unprecedented preemptive strike, lack of world support, distrust of the Administration's intentions, aversion to all wars, not feeling that Iraq is a threat to United States security, etc. because it's so much easier to just call them tree hugging hippies and dismiss them. Well, if you already dismissed what they said, agreed to disagree, then why the hell do you want to bring it up if you already know what's going to happen?

And when arguing back and forth gets boring, then just take out a huge ass brush, a bucket of paint, and start a thread that paints all the anti-war people with the same color as the crazy people they see on tv and act like no other reason or opinion exists.

"Uh, obviously, anti-war protestors are total idiots and I am a genius. Look at me, I can use the rolleyes smilie:rolleyes:<---- that's what I'm thinking. My opinion fits so neatly into a symbol on a message board, so I have to do everything in my power to fit all the people I disagree with's opinion into one that's easy to make fun of and bash. Now I'm going to sigh, I wish there was a smilie for that, and say that these misguided fools are only hammering the final nail into their coffin or some crap like that."

The anti-war folks here have told you guys what they think time and time again. You already know who they are and you've had your arguments. Of course instead of just arguing with them, you have to dig up the dumbest things people are doing and the craziest pictures you can find and then hold them responsible and expect them to explain why those dumbasses are doing what they're doing.

Obviously, I'm more pissed than usual, thanks to the lack of Rockets games being shown in College Station. This is not a good day to set me off. Look, you guys know who the anti-war people are, you can probably count them on your finger. Go talk to them, the way you already freaking have been, and keep your arguments there. And for the love of God, please don't post pics of protesters with signs like "Lesbians Against Bush"(heh, that's funny) and demand them to explain it. Odds are they don't feel the same way. Oh, and anybody with a brain can see right through the "I don't mean this about all the protesters...but" sentences. If you are going to be badasses, at least stop pulling your punches and say what you really feel.

Insert stupid phrase to signify that I just did an awesome post here.

7. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Badass post, Oski. Unfortunately, some will never get it.

8. Chance

Chance Contributing Member

Somebody mark this date in history...MArch 24, 2003, Chance and Oski agree. I was soooo pissed earlier I wish I hadn't been at the computer...

Let's get back to something we can all do...bag on the Frogs. Has anyone else received the Powerpoint pres. about the french?

9. MacBeth

MacBeth Member

You really see this as some sort of competition that anti-war people have lost, or that losng that is why we are upset? You don't think that we all knew, and were upset by, the fact that this was a done deal a long time ago, irrespective of merit, evidence, or as it turns out, world opinion or support? To depict our anger or sadness at what is happening as sour grapes is beyond childish.

10. BlastOff

BlastOff Member

Well technically the Anti-war people have lost and the warmongers have won.

11. IVFL

IVFL Member

For the love of God this is not a contest. People have opinions, just because someone is against a war that is happening does not mean the "lost' and just because someone who is for war during a time a war, does not make them a "winner" They dont keep score guys, you dont get a trophy for being pro or anti anything.

Its not like if someone is against something and it happens they were proven wrong in anyway. I am against drunk driving, I am anti drunk driving, yet people do it every day, does that make me the looser and the pro drunk driving people the winners. COME ON.

12. MacBeth

MacBeth Member

If you think that we supposed that there was any chance it wouldn't happen...which I , for one, didn't. I wasn't in it for the ego-victory, and I doubt others were...I see that as an incredible reduction of a moral and political debate over an extremely important issue....

13. Chance

Chance Contributing Member

No it's a contest and we won fair and square. Nanny nanny boo stick your head in doo doo. We won we won we shot the BB gun. You lost you lost you ate the applesause.

14. outlaw

outlaw Member

Your next hit song?

15. Oski2005

I don't blame you, I click on links without thinking all the time and when I saw those pics, I was pissed off. But the people responsible will get their's, the military is angry, those responsible will get their's and I'm sorry to say I will look the other way if their revenge is considered unlawful, though I believe the military will bring them to justice.

Anyways, I don't know, I guess I'm ready to forgive the French, except for escargot. WTF is that? I can't believe my dad made me try that. I'll be damned if I boycott french bread though, screw that.

16. BlastOff

BlastOff Member

Tough room....!

Might as well clarify, don't know why though.

The fact that the United States is engaged in this war in spite of the forces opposed to it is a victory to those who wanted it.

Of course there will be future repercussions...

17. dream_team

dream_team Member

i didn't post this to attack people against the war... so lets not even go there. also, i haven't checked this bbs in a while, so i apologize if i've missed the discussions that are relevant to this topic.

the purpose of ths post was more in form of a question... i guess i should've titled it "a question to anti-war protesters". the first few replies was something I was looking for... answers. it wasn't until Oski2005's post when this thread turned into an 'attack'

so let's try this again... i've been watching ALOT of press coverage on the anti-war protests... and at an international level. so IVFL, all around the world... i have seen numerous signs, chants, posters making Bush/Blair as the enemy. but yet, I haven't seen one label Saddam as the enemy or ask Saddam to put an end to this war. It could be possible these exists, but I simply haven't seen it. So can some anti-war protesters answer this??? why they rather choose to attack Bush/Blair (if that is what they're doing) rather than Saddam and/or a combination of all? like i said earlier, Bush isn't the only guy that can end this war.

18. Oski2005

There are catagories.

Yes, there are people who just dislike Bush and the fact that he's in charge is their reason their protests.

Anti-Preemptive strike people, since we are going in, who are they gonna blame?

People who dislike war all together. They are idealist I guess, I don't know what they think is going on in Iraq, but we went in so we started the war. Again, who else are they gonna blame?

People who think we are doing this for oil. Hey, they see that Haliburton is on deck to get a mad amount of contracts to rebuild the country and work on the Oil fields. Don't go crazy and invest in Haliburton just yet, they've got some crazy Asbestos settlement that is ready to drain their pockets.

Then there are people who think things would change gradually with inspectors and such. They blame Bush and Blair because they think that they skipped over the peaceful method.

I can't think of anymore right now, I mean, I don't share these opinions, I just interpret them I guess. Probably not well either, but I try.

19. BlastOff

BlastOff Member

There are also some people who think that the military's primary objective is protecting the mainland and should be used outside of the mainland sparingly (unless of course we are in a formally declared war).

There are even some people who would look at this war on the surface and would not send their kids to fight when the reason is objectionable. (Whether or not the government has secret information to justify the war.)

20. Timing

Timing Member

Great post man. I know from my point of view it's kind of funny to be called a tree hugger when I was so pro-war in Afghanistan that some on this board called me a war monger. I take these times extremely seriously and my stance is based on the merits of this war as I see them and not in the depth of my patriotism, or courage, or beliefs in freedom or democracy. Finding WMD in Iraq will not justify this war to me but I know when they do find WMD we'll have the same round of gung ho buckaroos running around saying we told you so. When a dirty cop illegally breaks into someone's home to find the drugs he knows are there we don't reward him with a pat on the back. We can't pretend to preach the rule of law to the world while we act unlawfully.