1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

A&M vs UT

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Mr. Brightside, Nov 25, 2005.

Tags:
  1. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

vince young was number seven on all time winning percentage in college according to the Houston Chronicle yesterday so if you want to compare careers go right ahead.

2. RIET

RIET Contributing Member

This is your opinion. History has repeatedly shown us that a dual threat college QB is oftentimes the better and more complete player.

3. KAS13

KAS13 Contributing Member

I will. 2 national championships and a Heisman trophy. 0 losses in two seasons. Carry on........

4. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

I was at the game, and just wanted to say one thing. If you attend a game where your team is playing at someone else's home field, and you talk a lot of trash out loud and make snide remarks about the home team, don't act surprised or offended when the home team fans begin belittling and heckling you. That is all.

Other than a few idiots, it was a great game to attend.

5. Major

Major Member

We're not discussing careers. We're discussing players. John Elway has a better career than Peyton Manning, but if I'm picking a QB for my team today, I want Peyton because John Elway *today* is not the same as Elway in his prime. Similarly, Young *today* is not Young of yesterday.

While not look at their grade school and high school success if you want to measure careers?

6. Major

Major Member

Nice qualifier, by the way. It only applies to comparisons you want to make. Great. Tell me this, who's the better player:

Guy A: terrible first two years in college, then 2 great years
    Guy B: 4 pretty good years

By your bizarre standard, Guy B is the better QB, never mind that Guy A improved and is now his equal or better.

You realize that "who has the better career" and "who is the better QB" are completely different questions, right?

7. halfbreed

halfbreed Contributing Member

Correction: 1 BCS championship. Let's get that straight. LSU won the national championship the year before USC.

8. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This sentence (can I call it a sentence?) is actually really funny.

9. IC2000

IC2000 Contributing Member

Oh why didn't you mention that earlier? Vince Young is cleary better then, since LSU won that championship.

10. halfbreed

halfbreed Contributing Member

That's not what I was saying. I was pointing out the fact that LSU won the BCS title that year.

11. KAS13

Read my post. Funny, I called out what you were going to do before you did it.

12. KAS13

Leinart has had 4 pretty good years? Wow, a Heiman trophy season and a national championship is a "pretty good year" but Vince Young had a "great"season last year but having a good second half and winning a Rose Bowl? To think you question my logic.

Your post makes no sense. For Young to have an argument about who had the better college career he will have to win the national championship this season and at least split one with another team next. He will also have to win a Heisman trophy and be fisnish in the top three another year. It's hilarious the standards that you hold Leinart to but not Young.

They are different questions. So far, the answer to both is Leinart. Even your pro UT board has spoken on the issue (even when some admittedly voted Young to spite IC2000). You seem to take this as an attack on Vince and it's not. Some of you are just being huge homers on this one.

13. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

He never even mentioned Leinart in his hypothetical. He was pointing out the fallacy in comparing who's better now based on the past. Leinart's past has no bearing on who is a better QB this year. Now, I'm not arguing who is better this year because I think it's way too close to call. I certainly wouldn't advocate murdering anyone who felt one way or another about it.

14. IC2000

Well one year is very important when comparing people!!

Signed,

Brady Anderson, Bret Boone, David Carr, Jake Plummer, BJ Symons, Sonny Cumbie

15. KAS13

Peerless Price is super pissed right now he didn't make this list.

16. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

So any player with a better overall career than these players who had a worst year statistically in these one-year wonders' years didn't actually have a worse year than those players because they have better careers? Explain to me again how that's logical?

17. IC2000

I am not sure that even makes sense. Brady Anderson was better that AROD one year statistically was all I was saying. Careers are kind of important.

18. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Careers are not important if the discussion is who the best player is in a given year.

By your logic, if Chris Burke hits 50 HRs, drives in 140 runs and bats .350 while A-Rod only hits 20 HRs, drives in 60 runs and bats .275, A-Rod still had the better year because his career is better.

19. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I thought it was a great game.

20. IC2000

When did i say that. The argument has been who is the better player? All Texas homers turn it into "this year". And I would still take Arod over Brady Anderson, look what happened the years after. A career is a better sampling than one year. If you can't see that then I guess you are retarted.